Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    I do! Plus, they got Christmas dinner too! :)
    gjRwlbS.jpg?1

Ah that’s such a cute idea! :)

I’m convinced I have the same 2 little birdies that visit me all the time cause I left seeds out for them shortly after I moved in and over the Christmas.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

House is cleaned top to bottom, feels bigger and loads more space. Feet up now and Dancing on ice and who wants to be a millionaire on tv nice easy watches.

It’s not all bad so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Watching who wants to be a millionaire ourselves. It's a decent upgrade with Jeremy Clarkson, liking him on it.

Will be sticking on resistance at 9.30 on rte1 though.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Loughc wrote: »
    House is cleaned top to bottom, feels bigger and loads more space.
    Last year, I threw all the decorations into the attic and the place was a MESS. I had to sort the whole attic (a full day's work) a few weeks later.

This year (today!) I sorted as I went, and the attic looks pretty tidy now. Halved the work for myself by putting in a bit more effort today. Also did a bit more tidying and put my old mangy pop-up tree in the shed instead of away with the other decorations, because it needs to go in the rubbish! I don't drive, so it can be easy to end up with a house full of crap. Must book a decluttering friendly skip in the spring. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Loughc wrote: »
    Ah that’s such a cute idea! :)

I’m convinced I have the same 2 little birdies that visit me all the time cause I left seeds out for them shortly after I moved in and over the Christmas.

I do not really feed the birds here.. cats... MY cats...

my new boy, rescued from the street, is so grateful he keeps bringing me gifts of tiny living wrens..... Such a gentle mouth they are totally unharmed and I now return them to the wild.. three this week. He is a vivid black and white so they must be blind...The robin still follows me up the lane in the bushes, singing.

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    Last year, I threw all the decorations into the attic and the place was a MESS. I had to sort the whole attic (a full day's work) a few weeks later.

This year (today!) I sorted as I went, and the attic looks pretty tidy now. Halved the work for myself by putting in a bit more effort today. Also did a bit more tidying and put my old mangy pop-up tree in the shed instead of away with the other decorations, because it needs to go in the rubbish! I don't drive, so it can be easy to end up with a house full of crap. Must book a decluttering friendly skip in the spring. :)

Here I lack an attic, shed or spare room and it drives me crazy at times. As a serious professional knitter I have stock,

The kitchen table is disguised as an under table store; there is so little cupboard space.. Moved the single bed away from the wall and put in a large market stall table .....when the car arrives on island it will be filled gratefully.. but after ten moves in 17 years I should have little clutter.... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Oh just seen the advert for Call the Midwife starting on Sunday ! That's a series I really like

I'm very excited that's starting back. :D

otnomart wrote: »
    Oh just seen the advert for Call the Midwife starting on Sunday ! That's a series I really like

Excellent. We like that ourselves. The christmas special usually says when the new series starts back but didnt this year so wasnt sure if it was coming back at all, nice to see now it is!

Sunday evening viewing sorted for a few weeks at least.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 13,352 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

A chirpy bird has found a temporary home amongst the sparse trees.
    What a delight - birdsong, in the dead of winter - a reminder that spring is just around the corner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

We finally got a closing date for the house!!

Congratulations!! :)

kitten_k wrote: »
    We finally got a closing date for the house!!

Congrats Kitten!! That’s great news!!

You’ll be well set for Christmas in your new house!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Yea can’t wait, it killed me not being able to put up my Christmas decorations!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

kitten_k wrote: »
    Yea can’t wait, it killed me not being able to put up my Christmas decorations!!
    House = attic.
    Attic = Storage.
    Storage = room to put all the xmas decorations that you can buy on the cheap in preparation for the big day in 344 days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Congrats Kitten and best of luck with it.......and planning your Christmas decs for next year :)

After a looooooong working week it’s Friday :)

Looking forward to this weekend!!

We are now in the last full week of January. That wasn’t so bad!

This year is flying by already!! :pac:

Just booked a little break away next month. Resulting in taking a few days off so that means with that and bank holidays I’ll have some form of time off until July :)

• Advertisement

It's FriYAY! And we can now say it's 11 months to Christmas and tomorrow we can say it's less than 11 months to Christmas!! :)

it's FRIDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

No more January for 2019, another month closer to Christmas!

And today is Treatmas Eve of course! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

It's the first day of spring

When I left for work this morning, it was starting to get bright! :D
    I miss daylight. :<

my first daffodil is shining gold outside and I have indoor hyacinths non stop staged to follow each other since just after Christmas

Seeing the start of a stretch in the evening now... had been used to darkness when leaving the office but its been alot brighter the last few days.
    A good bit milder today as well, no having to clear frost off the car!! Always a bonus that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

We picked our wedding rings at the weekend :D:D

DvB wrote: »
    Seeing the start of a stretch in the evening now... had been used to darkness when leaving the office but its been alot brighter the last few days.
    A good bit milder today as well, no having to clear frost off the car!! Always a bonus that!
    It was bright this evening until almost half 5! :pac: :D

Happy Friday everyone! Have a good one! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Sun is shining and survived Storm Eric :)

Advertisement