Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Two things off the Christmas checklist already! :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This week we will be less than 150 days to the big day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

This time 5 months, I'll be drinking mulled wine with the smell of turkey wafting around

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I'm getting my cast removed from my leg tomorrow. It's been 5 months since I had my initial surgery (I've only had the cast for the last 3 weeks) and I'm hoping things are finally coming to an end and that I will be able to get my life back on track. Fingers crossed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Thinking of you today Corklass. Positive energy vibes heading your way :)

• Advertisement

Good luck today, Cork Lass!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Trying to get all the positive vibes from this thread, as I've been feeling quite anxious lately about a lot of stuff. It's certainly helping so carry on!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Best of luck Cork Lass. My husband had the same surgery (I think) not long after you and it really is life changing so I hope today will bring good news for you.
    leahyl wrote: »
    Trying to get all the positive vibes from this thread, as I've been feeling quite anxious lately about a lot of stuff. It's certainly helping so carry on!
    Anxiety is the worst. Hope things pick up soon.

Thanks for all the good wishes guys. Bit of a mixed bag today - definitely some improvement but not the result I was hoping for. Anyway, onwards and upwards and hopeful of more improvement over the next few weeks and at least the cast is gone for now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

I got a brand new nephew this week! He is just beautiful. Lucky me I now have 5 nieces and nephews to spoil! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Less than 150 days. And I got a new tv today so it's like a Christmas present the excitement of getting it set up haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Jude13

FOur more sleeps and I fly home to see my wife and family! A week in Ireland is needed.

You must be boiling alive over there at this time of year!

Its a toasty humid 43 here in Dubai today, at least I'm in Dubai not KSA. Another reason to be cheerful. I'm so giddy looking forward to my flight Thursday.

Booked my ride to the airport ridiculously early so I will most likely be posting on the forum from there.

I like to arrive at an airport about 15 hours early, I'm so paranoid! :pac:

I'd rather sit about for a couple of hours reading a book, than miss my flight.

I fly so much now I have my usual seat in the airport that I like to get, think I will be mad and shake it up so its not like a work trip and sit somewhere else. I also 'borrow' a few months supply of toothbruhes and razors (which are free) from the toilets each time I go.

It will be nice to get on a plane and have some booze,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Finding it difficult to be grateful these days, enjoying the tunes on the radio today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

I live in a rented house and a lot of the stuff is old. My fridge has been playing up for months, so I bought a new one (bigger than the one I had). I was so excited to get it this week! I know that might sound a bit sad, but I love cooking and was just delighted filling it with lots of nutritious food.i also made lots of new recipes this week, so it was a great catalyst for that as sometimes I can be lazy with cooking too.
    Yum, yum, yum!

I'm bumping this as it's the first weekend of the New Year and if that's not a reason to be cheerful I don't know what is haha.

Not feeling very cheerful. In bed with tonsillitis :(. At least I get to watch Netflix

• Advertisement

I was allowed go home early to help ease me into being back to work so I’m on the couch trying to decide what to watch.

I was allowed go home early to help ease me into being back to work so I’m on the couch trying to decide what to watch.

Brookyln Nine Nine and How To Get Away With A Murder are both on Netflix and very watchable.

Also Love The Coopers was added today!

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Not feeling very cheerful. In bed with tonsillitis :(. At least I get to watch Netflix

Aww Cork Lass I hope you're feeling better real soon, enjoy relaxing, put your feet up and get plenty of rest!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Cork Lass wrote: »

Get better soon Cork Lass! I'm still not right really - very fatigued. In work now, only 15 minutes left to home time. I need to shake this off this weekend -sick of not being in full health :(

Loughc wrote: »
    Brookyln Nine Nine and How To Get Away With A Murder are both on Netflix and very watchable.

Also Love The Coopers was added today!
    Love Brooklyn Nine Nine. I’m going to watch Love The Coopers this weekend. Thanks for the recommendations.

Hope everyone feels better soon!

Has anyone watched The Frozen Dead? Is it any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,123 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Bumping this as we're coming up to the long Easter weekend and the clocks have gone forward meaning we have brighter evenings & longer days, in between the showers theres even been some sun & the daffoldils are out in force so theres a couple of reasons to be cheerful despite it being 9 months till crimbo!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Bumping this, as January needs some cheer.
    -The Sales, not just clothes but also books !
    -Days getting longer
    -Carnival starting 7 Jan and typical Carnival sweets in many Countries
    -Skiing for those who go (haven't tried myself, yet)
    -Movie awards season, starting with Golden Globes
    -New movies due out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

It's sunny today in Dublin: Daffodil bulbs already pushing their noses up!
    Birds a-twittering too. There will be a Spring.

PS Put out birdseed
    PPS Give Christmas leftovers to foxes

• Advertisement

Day Lewin wrote: »
    PS Put out birdseed
    I do! Plus, they got Christmas dinner too! :)

gjRwlbS.jpg?1

Advertisement