Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicky Byrne's Million Euro Challenge

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Some weeks they have the opening spiel, and other weeks they don't.

I can only assume it's to make sure the programme doesn't underrun or overrun (like when they show, or don't show, Nicky opening the containers in 'Crack the Code').

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Well, if they're not desperate at all, then they're unintentionally doing a good job coming across as being desperate. :o:o:o;)

If I wanted to give away a million, I would make the game a lot more logical and not a game of bingo essentially! The probability of getting 6 zeros is very very small! I haven't worked it out but I think I will. Can anyone tell me how many zeroes are in each line on the pyramid out of how many boxes?

the show is desperate, as is the host! But I don't see why you think they are so desperate to hand out that amount on a show with low enough ratings!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Has anyone ever seen a worse presenter for a game show, can engage with people, he is dreadful to watch and my sitting room chair has more personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Jennifer looks like she'd rather be at a wake than this ****e.

Has anyone ever seen a worse presenter for a game show, can engage with people, he is dreadful to watch and my sitting room chair has more personality.

he makes Ormond look like Chris Tarrant!

• Advertisement

And he really shouldn't wear a blue suit almost every week.

I don't think a tie is absolutely necessary, either.

And he really shouldn't wear a blue suit almost every week.

I don't think a tie is absolutely necessary, either.

The suit and tie have more personality than him to be fair!

I have to ask now... do they really have to show the audience applauding almost every time a correct digit in a code is revealed to be in the correct position? :o :rolleyes:

I have to ask now... do they really have to show the audience applauding almost every time a correct digit in a code is revealed to be in the correct position? :o :rolleyes:

Keeps them awake while they wait for the show to end so that the player they are cheering on can hurry up and buy the pints!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭jonnygiles

Only reason I'm watching the show is to have this thread on at the same time for the laugh.

Nicky still has forgotten how to get the top of his head cut

• Advertisement

They've used the balloon and the rocket before, I believe... :o :rolleyes: :D;)

"We'll find out after the break."

I know we could have an unprecedented three-way tie here, but... sigh. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Keeps them awake while they wait for the show to end so that the player they are cheering on can hurry up and buy the pints!

But that's the audience. It's the viewer who has to endure all these shots of them applauding. :o:o;)

But that's the audience. It's the viewer who has to endure all these shots of them applauding. :o:o;)

By airing the show, I think we have already acknowledged their attitude towards the tv audience!!

No three-way tie break, then.

And - dare I say it - the audience were actually right to groan there. :o;)

"Any tactics on this?"

*tumbleweed*

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭jonnygiles

Here's hoping we can spot the hand pushing out the drawer of the pyramid this week

Nicky revealed that €1,000 slowly for some reason...

Why do they have to think about the numbers!! As if they are treating their choices as logic!!

Hope they win in fairness

Aaaaaaaand the wait continues...

• Advertisement

typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Ballycarton

Worst show ever . Only watched it once & it made me cringe. Doubt if RTE will bring it back after the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Alibaba

I also think the whole set for the show, and colour scheme is so dreary and depressing.

Also that haunting music :-0

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

The million is won this Saturday

meh.jpg

And I see, too, that the folks at the Irish Star are among those that believe the claim repeatedly made by the folks at Montrose and Abbey Street that Winning Streak is Europe's longest-running TV game show...

:o:o:o :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D:);)

The Indo also spoiling this million win:

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/family-wins-whopping-1m-on-nicky-byrnes-million-euro-challenge-31164902.html

I can't help but observe that neither paper states the name of the contestant's team-mate, partner, helper, second banana or whatever you want to call him/her.

But, again...

meh.jpg

:o:o:D:);)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Are they trying to boost viewership for Saturdays show.

Are they trying to boost viewership for Saturdays show.

Well, what else? :rolleyes: :D;)

Everyone's shamelessly spoiling this jackpot win now - including, naturally, RTE themselves.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/naas-taxi-driver-wins-over-1m-on-rte-gameshow-673194.html

http://www.joe.ie/entertainment/a-naas-taxi-driver-wins-e1m-on-tv-game-show-after-predicting-it-in-a-poem/493295

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2015/0423/696295-kildare-man-wins-jackpot-on-million-euro-challenge/

You've got to laugh at Nicky's words - "I'm delighted that he won the jackpot", "This is what we've been building towards", "I'm thrilled to be part of such an exciting experience". IMHO, it's like he not only took a leaf out of the book of a certain Mr R Tubridy, but also read that leaf over and over... :o:o:o:D:D;)

But now that Griffin and Co have finally given away the million, after trying almost every week for the last 15 months - not just on a show with the prize in its title, but on the two most recent series of Winning Streak as well - what do they do next...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Alibaba

Still doesn't do it for me.

Awful programme

Advertisement