Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicky Byrne's Million Euro Challenge

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Meanwhile... In It to Win It has just started on BBC1.

This show has been going for a stonking 13 years now, and has done just about everything it can do - have contestants win £100,000, have a contestant put £100,000 into the prize pot only to get the final question wrong, have a contestant answer just one question and thus win the full prize pot, have all five contestants share the prize pot, have the contestants keep going in and out of the Red Area and put virtually nothing into the prize pot, etc etc etc etc - yet it's still more entertaining than what's just happened on the Million Euro Challenge. :o:o:o:D;)

Also, it goes without saying that Dale Winton is at least a thousand - possibly even a million - times better a game show host than Nicky. Hard to believe he'll be 60 next month. :eek: :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Halpenny

Nicky's hair looked a bit shook tonight; must have seen the million coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

TV and lotto bosses will be hoping the huge giveaway will give the show a much needed lift in the ratings, as some viewers were turned off - complaining the format was complicated.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/family-wins-whopping-1m-on-nicky-byrnes-million-euro-challenge-31164902.html

It might get a spike in the ratings this week, but I doubt if many new viewers will stay watching after this

After all, if someone else wins a million, you will hear about it long before it is broadcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I watched the last few minutes - so adding to the first 30 minutes of the first show and the last 20 odd minutes of another one I can now say I've watched a whole show! I did think the million winning show was a bit anticlimactic but I'm sure not so for Martin and his family -

Also is it just me but does Nicky bear a resemblance to Max Headroom (can't post pics on me phone to remind you) but he does resemble an android or a computer generated image.

Pretzill wrote: »
    Also is it just me but does Nicky bear a resemblance to Max Headroom (can't post pics on me phone to remind you) but he does resemble an android or a computer generated image.

Good call Pretzill - can't tell the difference myself.

346587.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Halpenny wrote: »
    Good call Pretzill - can't tell the difference myself.

346587.jpg

Twins..:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,320 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

If you weren't watching this show tonight; a total of €6,000 was won on the Million Euro Challenge pyramid which is again a big let down from last week's big win of €1 miilion.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,340 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If you weren't watching this show tonight; a total of €6,000 was won on the Million Euro Challenge pyramid which is again a big let down from last week's big win of €1 miilion.

That would hardly pay for my drinks bill if I was on it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Lol is this garbage actually still on?

The snooker and cricket were far more exciting, so I decided to wait for the repeat. :o;)

Fair play to Joey and Martina for guessing their code correctly on the second go and winning €16,000 as a result. :)

But very, very poor play by Nicky and the producers in not once mentioning the Martins' achievement last week... :(:(:( :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

thelad95 wrote: »
    Lol is this garbage actually still on?

For at least another four episodes.

It'll probably air at 7pm on 23 May because of the Eurovision.

The National Lottery Website says this show will run until the end of May
    This first series of Million Euro Challenge will run from January to the end of May and an incredible €1 million may be won each week.

https://www.lottery.ie/Games/Game-Info/How-to-play-Scratchcards/Million-Euro-Challenge

and the Crack the Code thing will also be winding down soon
    -The final date and time for entry will be 10:00am on Wednesday 20th May 2015 or such other date as may be determined by the National Lottery and posted on lottery.ie.

https://www.lottery.ie/en/crackthecode-tc

so we should be hearing something about the return of Winning Streak soon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

He cant talk to people, no charisma nor nothing, cringe worthy.

Yeah the "chat" with those two women was more like an interrogation rather than a conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,340 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Skid X wrote: »
    The National Lottery Website says this show will run until the end of May

Hopefully the set and any recordings of the show are encased in concrete and buried somewhere off the Donegal coast in 500 metres of water when it finishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Bring back Winning Streak and Marty.

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Bring back Winning Streak and Marty.

They'll be back very soon. Just be patient. :o:D:);)

Meanwhile, Gary and Ciarán become the second team to win €16,000 in 'Crack the Code' for getting their code right on the second go... and also the second team to find just two zeros on the pyramid.

Make of that what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

They'll be back very soon. Just be patient. :o:D:);)

Meanwhile, Gary and Ciarán become the second team to win €16,000 in 'Crack the Code' for getting their code right on the second go... and also the second team to find just two zeros on the pyramid.

Make of that what you will.

Delighted too hear :D Thanks for the info.

I think I've found the inspiration for this show. Pretty sure it was the 1980's Rubik Magic puzzle. The Pyramid is made from the same material; it's all about zeros which are hard to locate and it gives away a similar amount - next to nothing.

348220.png

Lets hope the next game show RTE dreams up isn't based some childhood nostalgia like Hungry Hippos or Operation. Then again either of those two games would probably be much better craic ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

Hopefully the set and any recordings of the show are encased in concrete and buried somewhere off the Donegal coast in 500 metres of water when it finishes.

Haha why Donegal, what did we ever do on you. What would happen if they ever washed ashore!

• Advertisement

Nicky Byrne's One Hundred Euro Challenge, cuid a dó... :o:D:);)

i5905j.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Srobify

I love this show. It is very clever. Skilful. Great banter.

Srobify wrote: »

Please say you're being sarcastic. PLEASE. :o:o:D:);)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Srobify wrote: »

Hello Nicky :)

(The threat of being submerged in concrete at a depth of 500 metres brought you here didn't it ? )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Drum or accordian.. Is anyone still watching this ****e?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

It's not enough. They need to be taken to the outermost part of Siberia, attached to nuclear bombs and detonated. Anyone involved in the production of the show NEEDS to answer for themselves in a court presided over by a jury of their peers. The million pound pyramid shall be placed in the garden of remembrance in memory of whatever jobsbridge intern had to push the drawers out.

Never shall such tripe grace our screens again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Drum or accordian.. Is anyone still watching this ****e?
    Just endured a bit of it last night as the wife was glued to it :mad: The contestants looked very cheerful :rolleyes: and Byrnes squeaky voice and stupid accent would damage anyone's ears.

On at 6:55 tonight due to some singing in Vienna. :o:D;)

I'm almost out of interest in the show now, as one might gather from the fact that I've been posting in this thread less and less often since the million was won.

The only really interesting things last week were the codes. Not only did 3, 4 and 7 appear in all three of them - but these numbers appeared in the same positions in the second and third codes, and the first one also had the 7 immediately followed by the 4. What are the odds, eh?

2zxt36g.jpg

The only really interesting things last week were the codes. Not only did 3, 4 and 7 appear in all three of them - but these numbers appeared in the same positions in the second and third codes, and the first one also had the 7 immediately followed by the 4. What are the odds, eh?

About the same as seeing another series of this show being commissioned!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Alibaba

Last show next week..

Hopefully never again to return for all of eternity..

Advertisement