Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicky Byrne's Million Euro Challenge

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

It says he won 25,000 on the wheel but it does not say what is total win was, his minimum win before the wheel would have been close to 20,000 and the minimum amount on the wheel is 10,000.

I know someone who was on that show 3 years ago as well, they did not spin the wheel but won 35,000.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

thelad95 wrote: »
    I'm just wondering do TV stations/production companies pay (or even contribute towards) for people's accommodation or travel expenses?

Nope.

I know many people who've been on WS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

<< refuses to go on anything less than the €100m Euro challenge!

:)

Seriously though, it's hard to get an audience excited about smaller prizes that are harder to win. The nice aspect of Winning Streak was it was all just good-fun throwing money at people!

It's also very much an 'auld-ones' gameshow too, they don't really like anything too complicated and probably miss having little chats with Marty and Sinead!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I've watched the Up or Down game twice and read the rules online 5 or 6 times and still for the life of me can't understand how it's a fair determinant of who goes on to the final pyramidal chifforobe game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

cofy wrote: »
    It says he won 25,000 on the wheel but it does not say what is total win was, his minimum win before the wheel would have been close to 20,000 and the minimum amount on the wheel is 10,000.

That, and also the article appears to have been typed up in about one minute by someone who doesn't care very much for National Lottery game shows... :o:o;);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Halpenny

That, and also the article appears to have been typed up in about one minute by someone who doesn't care very much for National Lottery game shows... :o:o;);)

And the writer of the article obviously never watched the show.
    one lucky player has the chance to win up to €1 million instantly

Scratch cards are instant but that pyramid is a painfully slow and drawn out process I'm afraid. At least with WS there was a bit of excitement spinning the wheel when you saw the ball jumping in and out of prize amounts.

Unfortunately this show lacks excitement of any kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

And the presenter has the charisma of a half ton of seaweed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Less than an hour to go, who is putting themselves through it one more time?

Less than an hour to go, who is putting themselves through it one more time?

I might watch it but I also have some paint that needs drying and pebbles that need counting...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

On now........................

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Actually I won't watch. See ye for Brendan :D

Just tuning in. Just hilarious to watch seeing how bad it is.

This crack the code game, they're bound to have ****e money at the end. Odds are terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Jaysus it doesnt get any better does it... They would be better off getting them to draw straws at 8pm and let us all off to watch something else.. Dreadful dreadful stuff..

Wonder what they'll have in the up down game this week?

tricyles and unicycles?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Just tuned in and noticed when they choose the video cases yer man puts them on top of each other then he scans them in saying your 1st choice...etc but it's actually their 4th choice he scans in first. Stupid bloody game so ridiculously random and then he scans them in backwards just for good measure. I don't think I can take anymore it's not a viewer friendly show!

guitars and trumpets
    ffs its a farce this thing

How much did Nicky Byrne pay Lidl for the scanner?

Pretzill wrote: »
    Just tuned in and noticed when they choose the video cases yer man puts them on top of each other then he scans them in saying your 1st choice...etc but it's actually their 4th choice he scans in first. Stupid bloody game so ridiculously random and then he scans them in backwards just for good measure. I don't think I can take anymore it's not a viewer friendly show!

It's not very player friendly either. I think there was a similarly crap show called the Trump Card on before which RTÉ stuck the knife in pretty quickly. I just hope they do the same with this.

sure how can the up arrow be the same as the down arrow ???

it has to be a fix.... i bet after the break its the opposite of your man from kerry and the two in the middle match with one of them

• Advertisement

sure how can the up arrow be the same as the down arrow ???

All 3 sets are swapped.

Easier just to give each team a card and see if it matches or not then.

Why pick? It makes no difference what you pick. No strategy. If the arrows had had the same value as each other teams could have a strategy to try and win but this is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

Watching this reminds me of Henry Sellers from Father Ted:

http://youtu.be/duuMfxSqUWw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Being made to endure this torment 'cos OH is watching. I gave up Top Gear on RTE2, he's bloody well doing the washing up. ;)

This is not going well.

Poor Byrne will be like a skeleton at the end of the series with all the walking he's doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

You have wait for it 3024 to 1 chance of getting the code the 1st time on the code game that is crazy stupid odds

81k given out in total on the show this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

€34,000, well, whoop de do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭George White

I wonder who this Stephen Leahy is - the purported creator of the series.

81k giveaway ??
    i think ill pass if my name ever gets called out for this

• Advertisement

I wonder who this Stephen Leahy is - the purported creator of the series.

Think he's on UTVI now, "101 ways to leave a gameshow".

Advertisement