Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 22 Transfers.

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Rikand wrote: »
    Jenk - wasi - Cam

Those 3 definitely have the most favourable fixtures. I'm benching wisdom myself and while PVA might give you some attacking potential, I'd back spurs to put at least a couple past Sunderland

Starting with them 3 atm. My only fear is that both teams will score in Stoke v Leicester and that west brom keep a clean sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Rikand wrote: »
    Jenk - wasi - Cam

Those 3 definitely have the most favourable fixtures. I'm benching wisdom myself and while PVA might give you some attacking potential, I'd back spurs to put at least a couple past Sunderland

Agree about Jenk.

Stoke have only failed to score in 3 out of 11 away games this season - Arsenal/Liverpool and Southampton, and Leicester 2 CS at home, not sure about the Wasi guy keeping clean sheet.

Playing Cam implies the game will be 0-0 as they are playing Leicester - can be risky as your praying for no goal for the whole game.

Mirallas play big part in midweek, and has form, so benching Wisdom probably ok.

I think Kane will score so unless you think PVA will provide attacking returns best to bench.

So comes down to do you think Leicester v Stoke will be 0-0 - if so then play both + Jed, if not play one and pick one of the other guys - probably PVA

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Agree about Jenk.

Stoke have only failed to score in 3 out of 11 away games this season - Arsenal/Liverpool and Southampton, and Leicester 2 CS at home, not sure about the Wasi guy keeping clean sheet.

Playing Cam implies the game will be 0-0 as they are playing Leicester - can be risky as your praying for no goal for the whole game.

Mirallas play big part in midweek, and has form, so benching Wisdom probably ok.

I think Kane will score so unless you think PVA will provide attacking returns best to bench.

So comes down to do you think Leicester v Stoke will be 0-0 - if so then play both + Jed, if not play one and pick one of the other guys - probably PVA

Possibly going to drop wasi as hoping for a 0-0 isn't a good policy, and i think Stoke are more likely to score than Leicester. So then it comes down to wisdom or pva. I think wisdom is more likely to keep a clean sheet, but PVA provides attacking possibilities. May go with wisdom as Sunderland were absolutely shocking going forward last week, plus he has the pulis factor. I'm seriously considering flipping a coin.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    Possibly going to drop wasi as hoping for a 0-0 isn't a good policy, and i think Stoke are more likely to score than Leicester. So then it comes down to wisdom or pva. I think wisdom is more likely to keep a clean sheet, but PVA provides attacking possibilities. May go with wisdom as Sunderland were absolutely shocking going forward last week, plus he has the pulis factor. I'm seriously considering flipping a coin.

if defoe plays - how likely would he be to score against his old team....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Debating a hit now to get Aguero in...am afraid of what he might do and the leader in main league already has him and will probably captain him. What to do :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Keep calm and forget Aguero

ShaneU wrote: »
    Keep calm and forget Aguero until next week

FYP ;)

My starting team this week:

Heaton (krul)

Cameron Jenkinson PVA (Wisdom,wasi)

Hazard Sanchez Fabregas Downing (Boyd)

Aguero(c) Kane Costa

Feeling confident this week of a good score. This is my post wildcard team, and bar injuries, I think I'm in good shape leading up to the business end of the season. Re tomorrow, I'm captaining aguero because nobody above me in my main league have him and the potential differntial is just too high to ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Last three places on my wildcard team:

Terry Fabregas. Kane

Or

Chester. Siggy. Costa. ???

have Hazard, Silva, Sanchez, Aguero and Austin as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

Last three places on my wildcard team:

Terry Fabregas. Kane

Or

Chester. Siggy. Costa. ???

have Hazard, Silva, Sanchez, Aguero and Austin as well

Terry Fab and Kane for me

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

Forster
    Bertrand Van Aanholt Wisdom
    Sanchez Hazard Chadli Silva
    Kane Costa Ings

Heaton Chambers Shawcross Boyd

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Punting on Moreno this week before wildcarding next week (probably wildcarding anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

So very close to taking a -4 to bring Aguero in for Giroud. Main rival brought Aguero in and captained him. I'm scared.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

Lads,

Can anyone remember why Ciaran Clarke wasn't playing earlier in the season? Was he injured, or just not picked? Regardless, he seems to have a spot nailed down for now (notwithstanding his current suspension.)

I can upgrade Wasi to a 4.3 def (currently thinking Clarke as Villa are reasonably tight at the back) if I get change Guzan to Heaton (or another 4.6 keeper).

Where's that bloody magic octopus from the world cup when you need someone to tell the future!

Any advice or opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Lads,

Can anyone remember why Ciaran Clarke wasn't playing earlier in the season? Was he injured, or just not picked? Regardless, he seems to have a spot nailed down for now (notwithstanding his current suspension.)

I can upgrade Wasi to a 4.3 def (currently thinking Clarke as Villa are reasonably tight at the back) if I get change Guzan to Heaton (or another 4.6 keeper).

Where's that bloody magic octopus from the world cup when you need someone to tell the future!

Any advice or opinions?
    Only see your post now.

I don't know if Clark was injured. fiso status changes tab shows nothing so if he was, he was before the season started. He's suspended for this week game though.

Depending on your other 4 def & GKs I'd not worry about owning Wasi.

iroced wrote: »
    Only see your post now.

I don't know if Clark was injured. fiso status changes tab shows nothing so if he was, he was before the season started. He's suspended for this week game though.

Depending on your other 4 def & GKs I'd not worry about owning Wasi.

Ah, no bother - thanks anyway for the reply.

I went ahead and gave Wasi the boot in the end. Literally only got the changes made by the skin of my teeth - didn't even have the chance to swap Wisdom in for Clarke, but Wisdom is first off the bench for me if a DEF doesn't play.

Happy enough with my wildcard activity, which leaves me looking like this:

6jSyEx.png

Given fixtures and form, etc, I think Heaton and Clarke > Guzan and Wasi. Time will tell!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

You must have a low team value to only be able to afford 2 premium mids.

Maybe you've invested a bit much in defence... Though not sure downgrading Williams to e.g. PvA & keeping Wasi would have allowed a 3rd premium mid.

As for this week you rate Siggy's chances that low to put Colback ahead of him?

iroced wrote: »
    You must have a low team value to only be able to afford 2 premium mids.

As for this week you rate Siggy's chances that low to put Colback ahead of him?

Team value is 105.2

And yeah - given that Bony's away, and Siggy's form has dropped a little, I thought I'd give Colback a run out. Of course, Siggy could be pushed up with Bony missing, but even still, it's Chelsea. So yeah - Colback for me this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,046 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Team value is 105.2

And yeah - given that Bony's away, and Siggy's form has dropped a little, I thought I'd give Colback a run out. Of course, Siggy could be pushed up with Bony missing, but even still, it's Chelsea. So yeah - Colback for me this week.
    Your lack of Hazard, Silva, Di Maria, Sterling is likely to hit you hard.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »

We'll see - after the games have been played.

CSF wrote: »

Yeah..... the 1 assist that those 4 managed has absolutely killed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I dare you not to use them for the rest of the season

A gameweek where they only get an assist between them won't happen very often though. Long term, it will more than likely kill you.

Dempsey wrote: »
    I dare you not to use them for the rest of the season

I may well use them - I've done well out of Silva already.

That's not the point, though. I just think that for someone to declare I was likely to be hit hard by not having certain players was a little premature.

A gameweek where they only get an assist between them won't happen very often though. Long term, it will more than likely kill you.

Not if the other players I have in are doing as well or better! :) It's not like they're the top 4 scoring mids over the last 22 GWs.

Advertisement