Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 22 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

Im thinking of getting Aguero in for Costa, can get the later back in a couple of weeks with the wild-card. This way I can also take a 2 week punt on Baines for Zab.

Surely tomorrow is not the day Costa goes crazy??

Did Costa score one, two or THREE against Swansea earlier in season?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

iroced wrote: »
    Replace Downing with Silva and we have the same front 8.

I'm thinking alike about benching Siggy. Have I dreamt it or there was talk of him being injured (his foot?) during the week? Thought it was going to be (again) an easy decision to pick my front 7 out of my "super 8" before I revert to my normal 7 + bench fodder :confused:...

Siggy playing with a foot injury but has been for a while.

Likewise I though I knew what I was doing with my "super 8" but now I can't make head nor tail of it (what's that au francais!? :)).

Sanchez, Hazard, Downing, Silva, Sterling
    Costa, Aguero, Kane

What the hell do I do with that lot.

Technically I'm probably right with Sterling on the bench, the only other candidate to drop would be 'Arry. And you can't bench the clear leader in most captain polls, right???

But I fancy Sunderland to give Spurs a tough game and fear Sterling could respond well to his break.

I am never going for a strong front 8 again. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Did Ings to Aguero and Silva to Puncheon for a -4 . 0.5m in the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭garra

Which of these to bench for this gameweek:
    Silva Sterling Chadli Sanchez Hazard Ings Kane Austin

I'm currently thinking Silva, any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

FHFC wrote: »
    Likewise I though I knew what I was doing with my "super 8" but now I can't make head nor tail of it (what's that au francais!? :)).

I would bench Silva, but my Arsenal bias may have been why I went Sterling over him (I hope not at least :o). Benching Kane would be a bit too risky for my taste with him leading polls (I'm captaining him :pac:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

I feel your pain, I'm in a similar quandry this week. Some weeks it's easy and others it's very tough. This week is a bitch. Can't drop Kane, Aguero, Austin ADM, Hazard, Sanchez, Silva or Downing. But one of them has to be benched.

With ADM and Aguero both rusty and likely to miss out on game time, I think it's between the pair of them for the axe. Can't drop Aguero though, can't drop ADM either. FUUUUUUCK.

The flip side is it's great for when someone doesn't feature. You know your bench is rock solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

garra wrote: »
    Which of these to bench for this gameweek:
    Silva Sterling Chadli Sanchez Hazard Ings Kane Austin

I'm currently thinking Silva, any thoughts?

Yeah, that would be who I would bench if I had to pick one. Awful predicament to have though.

Costa, Aguero, Kane

Technically I'm probably right with Sterling on the bench, the only other candidate to drop would be 'Arry. And you can't bench the clear leader in most captain polls, right???

But I fancy Sunderland to give Spurs a tough game and fear Sterling could respond well to his break.

I reckon Sterling will benefit from his break and produce versus Villa, leaving me with whittled down choice of Chadli or Silva for the bench, going for Silva and crossing my fingers.

Plus my Cup opponent does not have Silva, and I can match or better his other players on paper...

I would bench Silva, but my Arsenal bias may have been why I went Sterling over him (I hope not at least :o). Benching Kane would be a bit too risky for my taste with him leading polls (I'm captaining him :pac:)
    Paully D wrote: »
    Yeah, that would be who I would bench if I had to pick one. Awful predicament to have though.

Silva has crossed my mind too, but it just seems so wrong!

City Arsenal could be high scoring, wasn't this fixture 6-3 last year with Silva on the scoresheet?!

And Villa held Liverpool scoreless at Anfield this season already, I think I was still a Coutinho owner then too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Krul in for Hart, I was planning on playing heaton instead of hart and as I didn't need my transfer elsewhere I figured I'd ditch hart before his price drop, I wouldn't have been keeping him after I use my January wildcard anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Costa, Aguero, Kane

This is why I have Boyd!!

On another note, who would you play in defence....Duff (CPL) (let's assume for now he'll play) or Dummet (SOT).

There's a catch which I'll come back to.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

On another note, who would you play in defence....Duff (CPL) (let's assume for now he'll play) or Dummet (SOT).

There's a catch which I'll come back to.....

There's always a chance Duff will come on for 10 minutes at the end which is why I am starting Wasilewski ahead of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

my only dilemma this week (apart from whether to give up after
    last week ) is whether to start Wasi at home to Stoke or PVA away to spurs
    I'm currently starting PVA as starting wasi feels a little like I'm chasing his 7 pts from last week. this is probably the only week he is even under consideration !

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

km79 wrote: »
    my only dilemma this week (apart from whether to give up after
    last week ) is whether to start Wasi at home to Stoke or PVA away to spurs
    I'm currently starting PVA as starting wasi feels a little like I'm chasing his 7 pts from last week. this is probably the only week he is even under consideration !

I'm having the same dilemma with Wisdom v Hutton. Sunderland have 4 clean sheets in their last 5 away games but it would probably be safer to go with the home defender.

I'm having the same dilemma with Wisdom v Hutton. Sunderland have 4 clean sheets in their last 5 away games but it would probably be safer to go with the home defender.

Wisdom is a West Brom defender managed by Tony Pulis, always the chance of a clean sheet home or away

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Costa, Aguero, Kane

Have somewhat similar dilemma, currently have sterling starting, with Giroud on bench, but very tempted to swap them round, or else bench Austin.

With the idea of goals in the Arsneal/City game - good reason to play Giroud, but if i play him should i be benching Zabaleta and play Hutton/Baird.

The idea of the strong 8 isn't that bad, as long as your prepared to end up with 10+ points on the bench - be like getting the captain choice wrong - go with all the knowledge you have before the games, make your choice and pray the guy on the bench does nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

garra wrote: »
    Wisdom is a West Brom defender managed by Tony Pulis, always the chance of a clean sheet home or away

I forgot to mention that I also have Foster as my only playing gk...not sure doubling up is a good idea but can't see Villa keeping a clean sheet either.

I forgot to mention that I also have Foster as my only playing gk...not sure doubling up is a good idea but can't see Villa keeping a clean sheet either.

Yeah they drew 0:0 at Anfield but will be a different game tomorrow with Villa expected to do more attacking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Feel bad chopping Austy but had to be done to get in Aguero. Took a 2 week punt on Shawcross for Zab.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Austin or Costa for Aguero? One of them has to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Very reluctant to get rid of Austin as well. Was either him or Kane. Didn't even consider Costa.

Just did Toure to Mata and Austin to Aguero for a -4 :(

The Mata transfer is a 2 week punt until WC. Hopefully it'll pay off.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

it worked out quite well for you last week;)

it worked out quite well for you last week;)

Boyd subbing in with two. I'd be only 5 points worse off. Could live with that, dreading this game week as I know whoever I bench is gonna be this week's Sanchez!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Boyd subbing in with two. I'd be only 5 points worse off. Could live with that, dreading this game week as I know whoever I bench is gonna be this week's Sanchez!!

let me know so i won't bench him (i have 5 of your 8, got austin/Giroud and fab)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I wouldnt get too worked up about points being left on the bench. All you can do is pick your best options and hope for the best. Id only be concerned about a strong front 8 if it is eating up money and weakening your team elsewhere which with aguero available again now it would. It was a good strategy for the xmas period based on previous xmas rotation however there was little or no rotation this xmas so ended up being pretty useless. I went back to marney with my wildcard and sure you can do something similar when you wildcard to restore the balance of your team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Which 3 defenders should I start out of these 5:
    Jenkinson. Wasilewski. Cameron. PVA. Wisdom

I think jenkinson is a no brained but I don't know which other 2 to start.
    Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭larchielads

Anyone tempted to get Defoe in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Likewise I though I knew what I was doing with my "super 8" but now I can't make head nor tail of it (what's that au en francais!? :)).

Costa, Aguero, Kane

Is it not "can't make head or tail of it"?

Anyway, here's my weekly French lesson :cool: :P... "Ça n'a ni queue ni tête". Almost a litteral translation here ;).

And since I have the same dilemma than you (just my Siggy to your Downing) je suis d'accord ça n'a ni queue ni tète sacrebleu :p!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    Which 3 defenders should I start out of these 5:
    Jenkinson. Wasilewski. Cameron. PVA. Wisdom

I think jenkinson is a no brained but I don't know which other 2 to start.
    Any advice?

Jenk - wasi - Cam

Those 3 definitely have the most favourable fixtures. I'm benching wisdom myself and while PVA might give you some attacking potential, I'd back spurs to put at least a couple past Sunderland

Advertisement