Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread too point uh

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,021 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

awec wrote: »
    Chick flick?

Sort of.

Main female character turns out to be a sociopathic manipulative cow.

Boring, turgid, completely unbelievable, more plot holes than the cheeses in swiwis fridge. ......

• Administrators Posts: 53,372 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Sort of.

Main female character turns out to be a sociopathic manipulative cow.

Boring, turgid, completely unbelievable, more plot holes than the cheeses in swiwis fridge. ......

Sounds like my girlfriend would love it.

Sounds like my girlfriend would love it.

..... don't know what that says about her, or you ;)

..... don't know what that says about her, or you ;)

Her taste in movies and TV is disgraceful!

And i suppose "fury" is more up your alley

Excellent movie :)

• Advertisement

And i suppose "fury" is more up your alley

Excellent movie :)

I like movies with a good story.

If things blow up its a big bonus.

Have to say i completely loved birdman, great story, very unusual and original cinematography, and the acting is completely top notch.

Only thing it did feel slightly "**** for oscars"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Have to say i completely loved birdman, great story, very unusual and original cinematography, and the acting is completely top notch.

Only thing it did feel slightly "**** for oscars"

Just home from watching "Birdman"

What a mad but great movie. Just bonkers in places. Her idea for a "cheap" night out was the cinema.

Babysitter €50
    Sweets for kids and babysitter €16
    Cinema Tickets €18 (ifi - seriously cheap)
    Parking €7
    Coffee and Sweets at cinema €9

Total cost for a "cheap" night out - €100

InxEZXN.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

"gone girl" is the biggest load of putrid drivel ive seen on a big screen in a long long time.

Ahhh I loved it! Wouldn't call it any way romantic or "chic flick". Without spoiling I just thought that the hero "good person" character was a very flawed person, but totally innocent, and the "bad person" character was genuinely evil. The best part about the movie is for ages I didn't know which was which!

Fincher (director) did The Social Network, Se7en, Zodiac, Fight Clup and the Girl with the Dragon tattoo. Which are 4 of my favourite films (and the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo).

On the other topics, my OHs annoying obsessions are Made in Chelsea and Keeping up with the Kardashians. Nightmare!

18 quid for the cinema is ok. Me and the gf went to see the Hobbit in Limerick two weeks ago.

Two tickets, a medium coke and a bag of minstrels: 34 euro. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

34 quid to see the Hobbit...

18 quid for the cinema is ok. Me and the gf went to see the Hobbit in Limerick two weeks ago.

Two tickets, a medium coke and a bag of minstrels: 34 euro. :eek:

Feckin worse when you bring kids and they spy the pick and mix!! I swear to jesus that the cinema pick and mix is more expensive per pound than gold!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

Dance Moms :(
    Psycho hippo dance instructor shouts and mentally abuses kids, parents do the same.
    For some reason this programme is popular?

mfceiling wrote: »
    Babysitter €50

Seriously? ???

That's just mad money unless your gone over 6/7 hours! !

Seriously? ???

That's just mad money unless your gone over 6/7 hours! !

I know that, you know that...my missus doesn't have the required level of brain power to understand that 50 quid for 4 hrs is too much.

Not sure how I feel about everyone on here starting to say "pull the other one" at the end of a rebuttal or snarky response. Where does that even come from? I'd never heard it up till a week ago

Not sure how I feel about everyone on here starting to say "pull the other one" at the end of a rebuttal or snarky response. Where does that even come from? I'd never heard it up till a week ago

I assume it comes from the phrase "to pull your leg" and its a reference to someone sarcastically saying that 'sure you must be joking with that opinion'. ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

I assume it comes from the phrase "to pull your leg" and its a reference to someone sarcastically saying that 'sure you must be joking with that opinion'. ...

It does indeed

It's certainly not new, been around a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I know that, you know that...my missus doesn't have the required level of brain power to understand that 50 quid for 4 hrs is too much.

12.50 an hour to sit in your house watching tv or spending the entire time on their phone texting their mates. Jesus :rolleyes:

Monday - Thursday it's got to be the point village odeon. Newest cinema in Dublin, great screen, vip seating and 3d only costs 6e.

Weekends whack out the student card and go to omniplex rathmines. Log into the website the student rate is 5:30 (all day any day). Most comfortable Dublin cinema. Imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Is the iMax on Parnell much better than the iSense in the Odeon, does anyone know?

Is the iMax on Parnell much better than the iSense in the Odeon, does anyone know?

Both pale to the hfr screenings in the point in my opinion.

We travel up from laois to go to it.

It is better, it is not much better. Neither is really that close to the level of true imax.

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    12.50 an hour to sit in your house watching tv or spending the entire time on their phone texting their mates. Jesus :rolleyes:

Eating my sweets, and changing my ass groove on my sofa and gets paid...sad state of affairs. To be honest she is our childminder and doesn't get that much during the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Eating my sweets, and changing my ass groove on my sofa and gets paid...sad state of affairs. To be honest she is our childminder and doesn't get that much during the week.

So this is the price of having kids. My ass groove is very important to me. I'm never having kids now. Thanks, mcfceilling. You really are the insight to family life that I needed :)

When travelling to Canada or the US do you need a passport with a chip?

Also, does it need to have at least 6 months before expiry left?

Anyone know?

Anyone know?

You need one with "fries" not a chip!!

Seriously I don't think you do...the wife is over 2 or 3 times a year and her passport is a few years old now. I wouldn't risk not having 6 months on the passport...yanks can be sticklers for sh*tty rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

molloyjh wrote: »
    Not lately thankfully, but she did watch it for a while a year or two back. I wish I could say it was the worst thing she watched though. If I have to see or hear any of the Khardashian clan ever again I think I might need psychiatric help!

Mine is Downton Abbey. I actually quite like it myself, definitely better than what you have to endure.

I sometimes wonder what the womenfolk post on their off-topic forums. Giving out about their men watching such crap TV as True Detective etc...

Mine's not so keen about my being on this forum at all TBH...makes ye olde smartphone quite handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,007 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Anyone know?

The 6 month thing is a myth afaik.

You need to do your ESTA, and as long as you have a valid passport you should be grand. They scan it the same way they do in every other country going from what I've seen in the past. They also have an electronic device that takes your fingerprints, you have to give them to get through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

You'll be fine as long as your passport doesn't expire while you're over there

http://dublin.usembassy.gov/consular/validity-of-irish/eu-passports.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement