Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone watching that <snip> on prime time

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Say what you want about the man. He won the argument. I dont agree with him or his ideology, but he made a few very good points.

Out witted Miriam but had nothing useful to say. Islamic Michael Graham talk loudly and quickly and never say anything rational.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

drumswan wrote: »
    Wait, are we talking about Dr Ali Selim here? Or did I miss a guest?

You're saying here that every Muslim out there gets behind what Choudary was saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

anncoates wrote: »
    Like all Irish Catholics believe the stuff the Catholic extremists come out with?

That guy isn't an extremist really though I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

What do you mean 'normal Muslims', this guy is the spokesperson for the Islamic cultural centre and a trinity professor. This is what normal Muslims believe.

I'm waiting and hoping that the moderate muslims that frequent this forum turn up any second and pick apart his theories and why he doesn't represent them. It would give a good insight to the disconnect between the moderates and the crazies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

I just can't see how Muslims like this can an exist along westerners, most countries has huge divides, only a matter of time it hits Ireland.

France, Germany, Spain, UK, all having big problems at the moment.

We're just different culturally, religiously, in most ways.

• Advertisement

iDave wrote: »
    Out witted Miriam .

He just ranted at her

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

The most popular name 4 years running in Antwerp was Muhammad.

It's reckoned that in 25 years Sweden will be 51% Muslim as will some other European countries in 50 years..

6 million Muslims in France, Every single Muslim on earth is hot wired to convert the plant to Islam...

Run People, run away and don't come back..

• Registered Users Posts: 34,066 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

not yet wrote: »

It's reckoned that in 25 years Sweden will be 51% Muslim as will some other European countries in 50 years..

6 million Muslims in France, Every single Muslim on earth is hot wired to convert the plant to Islam...

Did not realise it was that bad in Sweden.

Yikes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Nope it was a general point.

You're saying here that every Muslim out there gets behind what Choudary was saying?

Sorry I thought you were talking about Ali Selim, not Choudary

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Care to elaborate?

Really?

The whole reason that pictures cause 'offense' is because it's a taboo in Islam to depict the prophet

It's bullshit because he wants society as a whole to be subject to such taboos

edit: I think you might be talking about the other guy? In which case disregard!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,651 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Wait, are we talking about Dr Ali Selim here? Or did I miss a guest?

You missed a guest!!! A right nutjob in London… Name escapes me, but I know he is on the Met police radar.

Sorry I thought you were talking about Ali Selim, not Choudary

No sorry, Choudary. I actually missed most of the other interview.

Choudary was the one I meant was ranting.

emmetlego wrote: »
    Name escapes me.

Choudary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

If every muslim on earth is hot wired to convert the planet, why are the majority of French and German muslims non-practicing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

What are you scared of exactly?
    Human being breed and die.
    In the wider scheme of things its pretty irrelevant what retarded belief system is in place is any particular geographic location.

Nodin wrote: »
    If every muslim on earth is hot wired to convert the planet, why are the majority of French and German muslims non-practicing?

Source please?

And what is "the majority"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

What do you mean 'normal Muslims', this guy is the spokesperson for the Islamic cultural centre and a trinity professor. This is what normal Muslims believe.

If the Pope doesn't speak for all Irish Catholics, then it's probably safe to say he doesn't speak for all Irish Muslims. So I don't know what qualifies you to state that he does. Carry out a nationwide survey by any chance?

Zamboni wrote: »
    What are you scared of exactly?
    Human being breed and die.
    In the wider scheme of things its pretty irrelevant what retarded belief system is in place is any particular geographic location.

Silly statement of the half hour. Belief systems hugely influence the progression and quality of life of the societies who live with them.

Vandango wrote: »
    If the Pope doesn't speak for all Irish Catholics, then it's probably safe to say he doesn't speak for all Irish Muslims. So I don't know what qualifies you to state that he does. Carry out a nationwide survey by any chance?

The pope would speak for most (70 +%) PRACTICING Irish Catholics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Silly statement of the half hour. Belief systems hugely influence the progression and quality of life of the societies who live with them.

Be a good lad and open your mind a little.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

"Freedom of speech is like water, you need it to live but if you drink too much of it you'll end up in hospital"

He couldn't have made that sound more menacing if he tried :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Was a little bit tabloid to wheel on such a hateful, hateful person like him at such volatile time.

Normal Muslims all over the country must have been rocking back and forth with their heads in their hands.

D'ya reckon? This sham isn't some tool on a street corner with a megaphone, he's part of the biggest mosque in the country so his views can't be that upsetting to the nice normal members of the muslim community in Ireland. I'd imagine the salafist community in Ireland will be four square behind this goon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,252 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

A quick search tells me Sweden has a population of 10 million. Amount of Muslims is 130,000. How will that get to 51% in just 25 years?
    And as for france, any source I could find has half of what you said.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

If people start posting these cartoons on Boards, will moderators start actively removing them as this puts them in a bad legal place with this blasphemy law?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

I'm so happy these people are in Europe. We have blown ourselves up since forever, then we are finally all friends and these people from a religion of peace come over.

Thanks guys, but you can all head home now. Cheerio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Bambi wrote: »
    D'ya reckon? This sham isn't some tool on a street corner with a megaphone, he's part of the biggest mosque in the country so his views can't be that upsetting to the nice normal members of the muslim community in Ireland. I'd imagine the salafist community in Ireland will be four square behind this goon.

The other prominent Muslin is the guy who's family went to Egypt to support the Muslim Brotherhood and his son is still in jail. Quite worrying representation for the moderate muslim community. I'm sure they be replaced by the end of the week for their extremist views.

Zamboni wrote: »
    Be a good lad and open your mind a little.

Ok chief, belief systems have no relevance to quality of life, literacy levels, health, birth rates, scientific progression or life expectancy. Oh wait they do and have been shown to directly influence all of these throughout history.

Dunce cap for you, go and stand in the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,066 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Cienciano wrote: »
    A quick search tells me Sweden has a population of 10 million. Amount of Muslims is 130,000. How will that get to 51% in just 25 years?

At present its meant to be more then that.

If UK keeps going the way it is it will be same by 2045. UK seem be doing something about it though soon enough.

So too will Germany if the latest marches in major cities ate anything to go by(although media describe them like Nazi marches)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Sometimes I feel like the elves in The Lord of the rings, where at some point in the trilogy the elvish lord Hugo weaving was saying to gandalf I believe, that 'we are leaving these shores for sunnier pastures' kind of a way, yes I've written that terribly, but what I'm trying to say is that, the **** was hitting the fan in middle earth and the elves were fed up with how the orcs and Sauran were behaving and the only way to rid themselves of these problems was to leave.
    Maybe the rest of humanity should embark on a journey that would leave these extremists and fundamentalists to their own devices.
    Let's build spaceships....or just get me one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Cienciano wrote: »

I'd imagine he's using two periods which show a rapid increase of Muslims in Norway and presuming that their population will grow at that rate exponentially. Which is, of course, ridiculous, as logic dictates that it'll level out in proportion with the general population. Otherwise, in 25 years after that, the Muslim population in Norway will reach over 200M.

Advertisement