Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold snap Jan 10th onwards: Wintry Showers, Snow Accumulations for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭Mech1

Tbh its gone to a very wet snow but its going from wet snow to dry snow to graupel, the constant stream of showers will cause temps to decrease and dew points to increase.

Don't really care now as long as I seen some snow. Now hopefully the snow on Tuesday actually lies, getting a bit flipped off now.

Location?

• Site Banned Posts: 51 ✭✭snowinwinter

FWVT wrote: »

So there are no photos of all these places that got low-level snow today? I only saw one from Donegal.

No one took any pictures because it was only snow falling. A boy on net weather has a picture on the ireland regional.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭Mech1

No one took any pictures because it was only snow falling. A boy on net weather has a picture on the ireland regional.

Still no LOCATION.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Any chance of snow in Carlow? :pac:

Any chance of snow in Carlow? :pac:

Tuesday. You aren't missing anything lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭FWVT

Hmmm...I suppose all their iPhone chargers were broken too. :cool:

Why are you even arguing about it, its only falling snow.

This isn't the tropics. It shows how pathetic it has been though that I am getting excited over snow showers. LOL

Why are you even arguing about it, its only falling snow.

This isn't the tropics. It shows how pathetic it has been though that I am getting excited over snow showers. LOL

Are you in Loughmacrory? It's at 160-170 m amsl.

Naw I'm not on that forum, I just read it. The boy with the pics is called Pomeroysnow. It always snows at his house though so its no big deal lol.

Naw I'm not on that forum, I just read it. The boy with the pics is called Pomeroysnow. It always snows at his house though so its no big deal lol.

That's Pomeroy...at 656 ft (200 m) amsl? I rest my case.

post-10430-0-20753300-1420911067_thumb.jpg

We still don't know where you are.

• Advertisement

Yes thats him. Thats what i'm saying if you are at 200m it nearly always snows at your house, even when its raining everywhere else.

Did you not read my post earlier? I live in nw ni

Yes thats him. Thats what i'm saying if you are at 200m it nearly always snows at your house, even when its raining everywhere else.

Exactly what I've been saying all day.
    Did you not read my post earlier? I live in nw ni

Doesn't really narrow it down.

Um well exactly but it is snowing to sea level or it was earlier anyway i'm not sure if it is right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Um well exactly but it is snowing to sea level or it was earlier anyway i'm not sure if it is right now.

You in Coleraine yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Is someone sending their mother up the mountain ?

You in Coleraine yes?

Naw

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

snaps wrote: »
    The Atlantic is mad strong. Since the 24th Dec the temp here in Southern Poland hasn't been above 0. on Wednesday it was -21c here, 30cm of snow lying up until last night. Today its gone from -1 to +15c in 12 hours. Massive thaw on here.

St. Stephens Day 2010, similar (though temps only got to around 6c max)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Leather down snow at knock now

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Northern Chaser

Snowing very heavy in Maghera again and starting to lay. 100 meters above sea level. Not over yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Sleet in Naas 2c

• Advertisement

Snowing very heavy in Maghera again and starting to lay. 100 meters above sea level. Not over yet

Seen that shower on the radar it keeps intensifying. It missed me by a few miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Heavy snow shower and a roll of thunder, snow starting to stick now. 0.4C. dp -1.8C.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Bit of graupel here in terenure.

Belfast is gonna get hit by that shower now. Gonna snow like hell, thats the kind of thing you need to drop the temps to get snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

Snowing here, south laois 150M ASL

Don't be listening to the posters talking about lying snow on the net weather forum, the posters on that forum may have a cm of snow at their houses but sweet nothing here or anywhere else at low ground. Most of them are 150m+

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Recent snow here, dewpoint 0.5c, air 1.8c.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

60% rain 40% snow falling here in Carlow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Heavy sleet shower in Galway city, temp 3.8C, DP 2.5C

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

owenc is permanently banned from the weather forum so it's neither fair nor appropriate to discuss him seeing as he can't respond

If you suspect a rereg then report it - please don't speculate on-thread

Thanks guys

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement