Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why aren't bidets and toilet/baby wipes standard toilet accessories in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

I'd rather you were able to simply communicate.

Once again, what was so ridiculous about my post that you had to post three roll eyes emoticons as your response?

You went back and edited your post, so even you realised how odd it was.

Once again, what was so ridiculous about my post that you had to post three roll eyes emoticons as your response?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Emoticons are visual communications.

But yes the whole thread is ridiculous my dear!

The emoticons were included principally because of your questions /confusion about emoticons and as a sample of the type of emoticons used!

You didn't seem to understand that either so I then clearly added an edit which explained the use of emoticons

Maybe it's a country specific type thing but emoticon use is an generally accepted device on this forum. My apologies if you don't like them ;)

gozunda wrote: »
    But yes whole thread is ridiculous my dear!

I noticed that when I read the OP.
    The emoticons were included principally because of your questions /confusion about emoticons and as a sample of the type of emoticons used!

You mean the emoticons you used well before I asked you why you had to respond to me in emoticons?

If you go back and read through the thread, this thread is about how people are supposedly Neanderthals for not having bidets and toilets wipes. You don't get to rewrite it (apart from all the edits!) to suit yourself. It's all there in black and white and emoticons and edits.
    You didn't seem to understand that either so I then clearly added an edit which explained the use of emoticons

No, you went back and edited out all the emoticons that made your response to me look so very ridiculous after I pointed it out to you.
    Maybe it's a country specific type thing but emoticon use is an generally accepted device on this forum. My aplogies if you don't like them ;)

I have no problem with emoticons, just with people who cannot communicate without them. I've asked you several times to elucidate on topic and you keep responding with either emoticons or discussion about emoticons.

For the third time, what was so... you know what, never mind. I don't think you understand how internet discussion forums work.

Please, do continue blathering about emoticons instead of discussing the OP. It's fascinating.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Heyyy, stop calling my thread ridiculous just because yer two shmelly arses!

• Advertisement

Call my arse shmelly again and I will detail my personal hygiene regime. In great detail.

Call my arse shmelly again and I will detail my personal hygiene regime. In great detail.

Would it include pics?

No pics, this is AH!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

katemarch wrote: »
    Adding a helpful note to that most informative little movie:

If you don't wish to - or have time to - to remove all clothing below the waist, then just pull down as if to use the loo, and pant-wearers face outwards while skirt-wearers may face inwards. Try it and see.

Bidets are also dead useful for washing your feet.

I've cleaned many a manky show in one. :)

No pics, this is AH!

Fair enough,
    shmelly :p

• Advertisement

Fair enough.
    I don't even have a personal hygiene regime anyway. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭creolebelle

You all start the weirdest threads on here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Sly arse clean in the sink.

Be grand.

I'd actually love a butt hose. Our main bathroom is quite small and very much due a remodel and I'm insisting on a butt hose when we do it. And also a rain+steam shower and a small bath and a built in sound system and fancy fairy lights and a built in cupboard with lit up mirror for hair drying and straightening and and... The only things I'm confident of actually getting are the butt hose and the shower. We travelled together and know the value and pleasure of the butt hose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

What's so bad about shit, at least its organic.

I noticed that when I read the OP
    You mean the emoticons you used well before I asked you why you had to respond to me in emoticons?
    If you go back and read through the thread, this thread is about how people are supposedly Neanderthals for not having bidets and toilets wipes. You don't get to rewrite it (apart from all the edits!) to suit yourself. It's all there in black and white and emoticons and edits.No, you went back and edited out all the emoticons that made your response to me look so very ridiculous after I pointed it out to you. I have no problem with emoticons, just with people who cannot communicate without them. I've asked you several times to elucidate on topic and you keep responding with either emoticons or discussion about emoticons.For the third time, what was so... you know what, never mind. I don't think you understand how internet discussion forums work. Please, do continue blathering about emoticons instead of discussing the OP. It's fascinating.

The emoticons were put where I meant them to go. If you don't understand the use of emoticons and the explanation provided I really can't help you.

You appear to be looking for an argument from either me or the OP on any pretext :rolleyes:

No can't do its against the forum charter sorry. But yes the whole thread is hilarious and ridiculous. Get that? :);):D:confused: :mad: :pac: Bye ....

Heyyy, stop calling my thread ridiculous just because yer two shmelly arses!

Ridiculous lighthearted thread of course ;)

Butt hose types of threads are the best :D

Btw my arse is like the Rose of Sharon - perfumed and beautiful - but must be someone else's!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

So its come to this...we're talking about sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

I turn my under pants inside out every now and again. As long as you remember it's:

"Yellow to the front, brown to the back"

You'll be grand

gozunda wrote: »
    The emoticons were put where I meant them to go. If you don't understand the use of emoticons and the explanation provided I really can't help you.

You appear to be looking for an argument from either me or the OP on any pretext :rolleyes:

No can't do its against the forum charter sorry. But yes the whole thread is hilarious and ridiculous. Get that? :);):D:confused: :mad: :pac: Bye ....

It was all resolved between me and the OP with good grace already.

Do you require the loan of a wooden spoon to keep agitating the excrement in the hope you'll rise from the vapours?

• Advertisement

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    I turn my under pants inside out every now and again. As long as you remember it's:

"Yellow to the front, brown to the back"

You'll be grand

Wrong way round and inside out, you can extend the life of them by about 6 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

If you've got the scutters and are spreading your $hlt like a manure dispenser... then I can agree with the OP how useful a bidet might be. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

MadsL wrote: »
    My parents, now in their eighties installed a Japanese style toilet complete with arse sprinkler and hot air dryer, I was like WTF! They explained that having nursed elderly parents through the messy years, they had no will to inflict that on each other nor us the kids.

Smart thinking.

iDave wrote: »
    So its come to this...we're talking about sh1t

Indeed it's a sh1te thread ...

Meanwhile here's more international toilet culture ....

http://www.travelonmyface.com/2012/04/potty-talk-what-to-know-before-you-go.html?m=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Bidets and baby wipes?
    What's wrong with just using the three seashells?

The three seashells are useless for clagnuts and anything you can't fish out of your butt, leaving you with stinky swampass.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,607 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Ladies, a bidet makes for great comfort if you are...

...celebrating couplehood in all its messiness ;-)
    ...entertaining Aunty Flo
    ...pregnant and leaky
    ...just had a baby
    ...swiftly bathing baby at nappytime
    ...got a tummy bug or UTI
    ..."only when I laugh"
    ...ablutions for religious obligation
    ...suffering from any urogenital condition ;-)
    ...washing sweaty feet
    ...rinsing out or soaking a few handwash items
    ...giving a dry houseplant a good soak

And, of course, for rinsing down after using the loo. A wonderful gadget. I finally got mine when all our large family finally grew up and left home: the irony of life being such that until then we couldn't afford a bathroom upgrade.
    I'd actually recommend it to anyone.

Mind you, OP, the Neanderthals definitely didn't have these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

I'd actually love a butt hose.
    Best part of thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭DoomZ

Is using newspaper to wipe my hole make me 'classier' ?

• Advertisement

DoomZ wrote: »
    Is using newspaper to wipe my hole make me 'classier' ?

No, unless you've had expensive and eleborate bathroom improvements done to your house you're just another pleb... wait to you use wet toilet paper?

Advertisement