Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why aren't bidets and toilet/baby wipes standard toilet accessories in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Unless you're receiving rimjobs twice a day I really don't see the need-it's your arse; it's a dirty, smelly place no matter what way you clean it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

DaDerv wrote: »
    The last thing you want are foxy dangle berries though??

Clinkers we call them down here. When they start to clink its time to act.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

Definitely something I plan on having in my house once I become a homeowner(If finances allow), many times after a night out or a burrito, I've had to jump in the shower to keep my bum hygiene in check, and the refreshing feeling from a bidet is incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭DaDerv

Definitely something I plan on having in my house once I become a homeowner(If finances allow), many times after a night out or a burrito, I've had to jump in the shower to keep my bum hygiene in check, and the refreshing feeling from a bidet is incredible.

I'd never considered this! It's genius! All the times the only thing distracting me from my hangover was the burning sensation left from last nights kebab! The relief would be orgasmic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Disgusting thread is disgusting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

A quick scrub in the kitchen sink with the dish brush and you're good as new.

Just remember to rinse out the brush after you're done before scrubbing other dishes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Duggy747 wrote: »
    A quick scrub in the kitchen sink with the dish brush and you're good as new.

Just remember to rinse out the brush after you're done before scrubbing other dishes :(

Toothbrush does the job no need to leave the bathroom to get to kitchen....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Stheno wrote: »
    I was in a Muslim based restaurant Christmas Day

How do they taste?

My parents, now in their eighties installed a Japanese style toilet complete with arse sprinkler and hot air dryer, I was like WTF! They explained that having nursed elderly parents through the messy years, they had no will to inflict that on each other nor us the kids.

Smart thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Your parents are awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I pity anyone who has to put up with the company of neanderthals that don't have bidets and toilet wipes...

The bizarre thing about non western style toilets in many North African and middle eastern counties is that they are effectively a hole in the floor. Directional usage is difficult at best if at all by most users. Ime they are universally rank even with the availability of a complimentary hosepipe for washing your a/hole. The design of these 'sanitary units' involves actually standing / squatting in the sh1te tray albeit on a slightly raised area - it still means that your footwear will come out covered in whatever is on the floor. And I can tell you this much there are few bleddin bidets or baby wipes available for use either. You are lucky if there is a sink and towel of any description to properly wash your hands after. Oh yeah and you have to bring your own loo roll. Did I mention the general stench ? Clean me ^rse!

squat-toilet-middle-east.jpg

Instructions here

http://m.wikihow.com/Use-a-Squat-Toilet

And yet it gets you in the proper physical position to completely empty yourself.

But if course, the western sit down toilets with toilet paper to smear the poo around and perhaps clog the sewers up with your unflushable wet/baby wipes and sanitary products (they disappear around the U-bend so of course they're flushable!) must be the vastly superior system, simply because it's what we're used to and we know better, eh? Nevermind the warnings on the sanitary products that they should be wrapped and disposed of carefully, and that baby wipes should never be flushed, and from the water board spending money on digging out fatbergs of used oil and tampons. THEY DISAPPEAR ROUND THE U BEND AND THEREFORE THEY DON'T EXIST ANY MORE BECAUSE MAGIC,

From the point of view of many on this forum it's actually amazing that the human race continues at all without modern western hygiene standards, given that the vast majority of this planet's population doesn't shower daily, a hefty percentage of them don't possess enough clothes to change daily and about a third don't have any toilets at all. You'd think that if it was so vital then humans would be extinct in certain areas.

By the way, this:
    I pity anyone who has to put up with the company of neanderthals that don't have bidets and toilet wipes.

never deserved a response in the first place and should have been locked.

And yet it gets you in the proper physical position to completely empty yourself.

That's very debatable - have you read the instructions for men + funnel needed by women to properly use these things?? Seriously ? Btw most westerners ime do not use BABY WIPES to clean their a/holes and flush down the toilet.

But hey whatever you are into man - the thread needed some different views on toilet types :rolleyes: but yes give me a western style toilet & toilet roll any day thanks.

gozunda wrote: »
    That's very debatable - have you read the instructions for men + funnel needed by women to properly use these things??

Yes.
    Seriously ?

Yes. Seriously. I'm a woman. Who has used these things.
    Btw most westerners ime do not use BABY WIPES to clean their a/holes and flush down the toilet :rolleyes:

Hold off on the rolleyes there, sunshine, and re-read the OP.
    But hey whatever your into man - the thread needed some different views on toilet types :rolleyes:

You don't have the first idea of what I'm into or what my own hygiene practices are, do you? Go on, tell me why you're rolling your eyes again there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

But if course, the western sit down toilets with toilet paper to smear the poo around and perhaps clog the sewers up with your unflushable wet/baby wipes and sanitary products (they disappear around the U-bend so of course they're flushable!) must be the vastly superior system, simply because it's what we're used to and we know better, eh? Nevermind the warnings on the sanitary products that they should be wrapped and disposed of carefully, and that baby wipes should never be flushed, and from the water board spending money on digging out fatbergs of used oil and tampons. THEY DISAPPEAR ROUND THE U BEND AND THEREFORE THEY DON'T EXIST ANY MORE BECAUSE MAGIC,

From the point of view of many on this forum it's actually amazing that the human race continues at all without modern western hygiene standards, given that the vast majority of this planet's population doesn't shower daily, a hefty percentage of them don't possess enough clothes to change daily and about a third don't have any toilets at all. You'd think that if it was so vital then humans would be extinct in certain areas.

By the way, this:

never deserved a response in the first place and should have been locked.

Why so?

You don't have the first idea of what I'm into or what my own hygiene practices are, do you? Go on, tell me why you're rolling your eyes again there.

Lol I really don't want to know thanks - that's just way too much information even for this thread ... :rolleyes: ;)

Because
    I pity anyone who has to put up with the company of neanderthals that don't have bidets and toilet wipes.

Given that those are highly luxurious inventions that even most first world westerners don't even indulge in, you're trolling.

gozunda wrote: »
    Lol I really don't want to know thanks - that's just way too much information even for this thread ... :rolleyes: ;)

You could just admit that you have no idea what my own personal hygiene practices are and were being reactionary and that way you might be able to save some face.

Again I will ask, why were you rolling your eyes so many times? Did I shock you? Appal you? Did you not see the sarcasm?

Because

Given that those are highly luxurious inventions that even most first world westerners don't even indulge in, you're trolling.

How luxurious does this look to you?

bidet-wannabe.jpeg?w=705

You do realise that that is neither the bidet or toilet wipes you were bemoaning the lack of in your OP, don't you? It's a butthose and I am intimately familiar with it since they're common in hot countries.

Not so common in Ireland, though... one would almost consider it a luxury to go out of your way to have one fitted in a bathroom reinstall. Do you see a lot of butthoses in Irish houses? Perhaps you move in different circles than I do.

• Advertisement

You could just admit that you have no idea what my own personal hygiene practices are and were being reactionary and that way you might be able to save some face.

Again I will ask, why were you rolling your eyes so many times? Did I shock you? Appal you? Did you not see the sarcasm?

Hey chill. You replied to my post not the other way round! But trust me I really really do not want to know 'your' personal hygiene practices! Btw 'saving face' ain't a big issue here. And emoticons - smiley face, rolleyes etc are a very common device on boards - They are used all the time - like this :D;) :rolleyes: ...

Edit: The purpose of emoticon?
    Answer: The purpose of the emoticon, is to show an emotion using symbols.

Source: http://www.answers.com/Q/The_purpose_of_emoticon

Hey, chill. And answer the question put to you. What inspired you to use so many rolleyes emoticons in response to my post?

You do realise that that is neither the bidet or toilet wipes you were bemoaning the lack of in your OP, don't you? It's a butthose and I am intimately familiar with it since they're common in hot countries.

Not so common in Ireland, though... one would almost consider it a luxury to go out of your way to have one fitted in a bathroom reinstall. Do you see a lot of butthoses in Irish houses? Perhaps you move in different circles than I do.

It still does the exact same thing. You seem so personally offended to get this defensive from what's so far been a lighthearted thread lol

Edit: lmao, you're actually mad that he used smilies in a post addressing you

Hahaha, you think this thread was lighthearted given your OP?

Anyone know that feel when you use someone else's bathroom and instantly lose respect when you see they don't even have toilet wipes, let alone a bidet? It confirms your suspicions of why they sometimes smell bad.

Oh so light hearted and gay and merry. You must be a real blast at parties.

Tell us another one.

Hahaha, you think this thread was lighthearted given your OP?

Oh so light hearted and gay and merry. You must be a real blast at parties.

Tell us another one.

:rolleyes:

Edit: lmao, you're actually mad that he used smilies in a post addressing you

Not mad, more highly amused at people who cannot communicate effectively on a discussion forum via text and have to resort to pulling virtual faces instead of formulating a coherent response.

Anyway, never mind that off topic emoticon nonsense, Do you really know so many people with bidets fitted or do you just think that everyone else is Neanderthals in comparison to yourself?

Anyway, never mind that off topic emoticon nonsense, Do you really know so many people with bidets fitted or do you just think that everyone else is Neanderthals in comparison to yourself?

>Opens Door and checks this is actually AH<

Check - yup definitely AH!

cleaningthetoilet.gif

Are posters really arguing about butt hoses? Jaysus I though I was bad.

Enough internet for today.

No, we can't even argue about butt hoses. Some people have lost the power of speech and can only communicate in emoticons because "this is AH".

• Advertisement

No, we can't even argue about butt hoses. Some people have lost the power of speech and can only communicate in emoticons because "this is AH".

Well if you don't like the use of emoticons -may I suggest this thread for a little light reading?

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056078766 :D

Advertisement