Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeling Old

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Trebor176 wrote: »
    It's probably stupid to say about feeling "old," but I'm just thinking about those I was in school with, or who I hung around with that are of similar age, who are married with kids and are home owners. I guess I just feel like I need to get my arse in gear, find myself a girl and settle down. It won't be long until I'm in my 30s, but hopefully by then, one or two or maybe all of the above will have been achieved.

I got married and bought a house at 22, last year. Trust me, 99% of people think I'm completely mental!! Enjoy yourself, you'll miss these days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

I got married and bought a house at 22, last year. Trust me, 99% of people think I'm completely mental!! Enjoy yourself, you'll miss these days!

I won't be able to afford my house til I'm at least 30, never mind get married as well. :eek: Is the hubby rich? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

Well I remember having to plug the phone out to use the internet. Young people today have no idea have good they have it, rabble, rabble,

I remember when my parents had no phone.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭LowOdour

My ma text me today asking if I still had my leaving cert notes and if I knew where they were. Told her no as it was 15 years since I done my LC...to get the following reply "Are you that old?". The cheek

I won't be able to afford my house til I'm at least 30, never mind get married as well. :eek: Is the hubby rich? :pac:

Well he's in his 30's so had been saving for a while and we both came into some money at the right time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭Sarn

I was almost 10 years out of school when I created my Boards account.

Well he's in his 30's so had been saving for a while and we both came into some money at the right time!

I need to pick myself up one of those!

My bf is the same age as me and fcuking skint, as am I. :(

EDIT: Well he's 2 and half years older....more or less the same age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I'm just shy of 35 I don't feel old 12 years out of college. I don't think I'll feel old till I'm 60

I need to pick myself up one of those!

My bf is the same age as me and fcuking skint, as am I. :(

But you love him deep down, right? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Why is it always young people who talk about being old ?

Because being young, they still labour under the touching delusion that everybody else cares.

• Advertisement

But you love him deep down, right? :P

I don't know, I think I'd love him more if he was loaded and about 15 years older. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,493 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Putin wrote: »
    I remember when my parents had no phone.:(

What's a phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

My only daughter is 19 today. Fcuk off with your "old".

And I don't have a mortgage yet, I'm just not ready for that much responsibility...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Pwindedd wrote: »
    My only daughter is 19 today. Fcuk off with your "old".

And I don't have a mortgage yet, I'm just not ready for that much responsibility...!

19 you say?

19 you say?

Back away. And I say this entirely for your own good, she's a fecking head-melt!

Back away. And I say this entirely for your own good, she's a fecking head-melt!

Ah mothers and daughters. Warms the heart :P

This just keeps getting better and better. Ask her if she likes pigs! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭rozeboosje

Your daughter is 19 you say? I've been in Ireland longer than your daughter. Yet she gets to vote and I don't. I shall now proceed to sulk. Loudly.

I'm 25 and looking at 19-21 year olds makes me feel ancient. :(
    I didn't enjoy life properly when I was that age and am now filled with envy at those who are enjoying it, which in turn (among other things) prevents me from enjoying life right now....

Fúck life, being a human is too difficult. So coming back as a cat in the next life.

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Sure you're only a nipper :pac:

Oh you, schtap it! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Don't wait till you get to 45 dude, do everything now and enjoy it all. It's all a descent down-slope from there on ;)

Best wishes, Just have to get my simmer frame, ahh that's better.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

I became a dad for the first time last march and this June I will be 42.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I am 53, so enjoy these

An elderly couple were enjoying the evening by swinging on the front porch and looking at the beautiful sunset. After a few minutes the ol' lady reaches over and knocks the hell out of the ol' man who goes flying off the porch and into the bushes. The ol' man slowly gets up and makes his way back to his seat next to his wife on the swing. He sits there for a few minutes and then asks, "What was that for Ma?" She replies: "That's for having such a small dick!" A few more minutes go by and the ol' man reaches over and knocks the hell out of his wife, who also goes flying off the porch and into the bushes. She slowly gets up and makes her way back to her seat next to Pa. She sits here a few minutes and then asks, "What was that for Pa?" He replies, that's for known there was more then one size.

people frequently ask retired people what they do to make their days interesting.

Well, for example, the other day, Bev my wife and I went into town and visited a shop.

When we came out, there was a cop writing out a parking ticket.

We went up to him and I said, 'Come on, man, how about giving a senior citizen a break?'
    He ignored us and continued writing the ticket.
    I called him an ?a--hole? . He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having worn-out tires.

So Bev called him a ?s--t head?. He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first.
    Then he started writing more tickets. This went on for about 20 minutes. The more we abused him, the more tickets he wrote..

Just then our bus arrived, and we got on it and went home.

We try to have a little fun each day now that we're retired. It's important at our age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭wilhelm roentgen

I want to live my next life backwards :

You start out dead and get that out of the way.

Then you wake up in an old age home feeling better every day.

Then you get kicked out for being too healthy. Enjoy your retirement and collect your pension.

Then when you start work, you get a gold watch on your first day.

You work 40 years until you're too young to work.

You get ready for High School : drink alcohol, party, and you're generally promiscuous.

Then you go to primary school, you become a kid, you play, and you have no responsibilities.

Then you become a baby, and then...

You spend your last 9 months floating peacefully in luxury, in Spa-like conditions - central heating, room service on tap, and then...

You finish off as an orgasm.

I rest my case :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Trebor176 wrote: »
    Today, I was added to a Facebook group by a school friend of mine to mark 10 years since our graduation from secondary school. Yeah, it's made me feel kind of old. I'm also a year in my current job today, so time certainly does fly.

Graduation? Nah you just finished.

rozeboosje wrote: »
    Your daughter is 19 you say? I've been in Ireland longer than your daughter. Yet she gets to vote and I don't. I shall now proceed to sulk. Loudly.

She can't vote in a referendum though, neither can I - we're both British.

We'd love to vote on SSM but can't :-(

This just keeps getting better and better. Ask her if she likes pigs! :)

Judging by the state of the current boyfriend I would say yes she does.

Kidding, he's ok actually, but I suspect he's a little touched in the head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

The wilful blindness to the futility of fighting one's senescence is a sad indication of our baleful and craven bowing to our ultimate state of perdition!

For shame!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Well I remember having to plug the phone out to use the internet. Young people today have no idea have good they have it, rabble, rabble,

Was that when they had to use those big boxy things called computers to get on the internet instead of using their phone while on the can?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Enjoy the reunion grandad. :pac:

Advertisement