Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super XV 2015 General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Chiefs have won the "What the hell is up with the jersey" Bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

If MOC is taking over the Reds he has a big job on his hands...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Not much defence in cheetahs Waratahs game so far!!
    4 tries in first 14 mins. 14-12 to cheetahs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Cheetahs defense is absolutely non existent. Waratahs playing really loose though which has gifted the Cheetahs 2 tries, Palu's pass in particular an awful decision. Hendricks was right there.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,219 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

7 trys in the first half, tahs bonus point secure, and there's STILL only one point in this.

21 - 22 tahs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭George Hook

Just updating the score 21-34 to Tahs 52 ish mins in

and Le Roux is on for the Cheetahs

Edit:Whoa nice try from the Cheetahs

26-34 with conversion to come

Cheetah going to the bin for a trip on Izzy who scored anyway.

39-28 to Tahs

Conversion good, 41-28. 61mins gone.

51-28 to Tahs 8 or so mins left..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

I think we have our 6 finalists:

Canes, Tahs, Stormers, Chiefs, Landers, Brumbies. Last week will determine the order, only certainty is that Canes will be 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Was following the games on my phone and read this recap of the Bulls game. Havent seen it myself yet so cant judge, but seems everyone had fairly harsh words for the tmo and ref in the Bulls game.

"the Bulls were subjected to one of the poorest television match official decisions in living memory, as Burger Odendaal had a legitimate try disallowed"

John Mitchell saying: “I give up; referees should grow some ... and overpower a (wrong) TMO decision.”

Former Springbok and Stormers wing Breyton Paulse chimed in: “This is unacceptable, unprofessional ... it has spoilt my Saturday. That possibly cost the Bulls a playoffs spot.”

Returning to the testicular theme, Bok front-ranker of the 1990s Keith Andrews (@KeithKandrews) tweeted: “Refs appear to have no balls to make the calls! Who’s in charge? The lawmakers?”

http://www.supersport.com/rugby/super-rugby/news/150606/Bulls_season_ends_with_a_whimper
    http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Super15/Bulls-fiasco-Refs-lack-balls-20150606

• Advertisement

Hasnt been a single draw all season and now the Stormers vs Lions is on 19-19 with 2 minutes to go.

Stormers will win conference with a game left but need the win for a better chance at the home semi.

Ok
    At awedding and very very drunk and tryin to understand the possible results over the weekend.

Highlanders can do one of three things. Loose and be pretty much guaranteed an away game v stormers.
    Win by less than the chiefs and get an away v the chiefs. Provided we win and chiefs win with similar points

Win with bonus point and try to get home qfs against chiefs. By having bigger points difference.

??

Worst result for Highlanders is a win v blues and a bigger win of chiefs over canes.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Ok
    At awedding and very very drunk and tryin to understand the possible results over the weekend.

Highlanders can do one of three things. Loose and be pretty much guaranteed an away game v stormers.
    Win by less than the chiefs and get an away v the chiefs. Provided we win and chiefs win with similar points

Win with bonus point and try to get home qfs against chiefs. By having bigger points difference.

??

Worst result for Highlanders is a win v blues and a bigger win of chiefs over canes.

You'd think he'd take a break from the rugby on his wedding night, but sydthebeat is a dedicated soul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

God that stadium is near empty why play at Eden Park when a smaller ground would be more appropriate. Looks terrible on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Looked like he lost that ball. The amount of handling and basic errors again is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Fairly dubious TMO call

• Registered Users Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Some performance from the Highlanders here, 34 unanswered points. The Blues have been very poor any time I've seen them.

Man my head! !

So...

Does this mean the chiefs need to beat the canes by 37 points to get a home qf?

John Kirwan must be in a spot of bother after such poor season?

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Does this mean the chiefs need to beat the canes by 37 points to get a home qf?

Yes bonus point win and 37 point win at that!

• Advertisement

John Kirwan must be in a spot of bother after such poor season?

Well Piutau threw him right under the bus, I'm sure he'll be under a huge amount of pressure when the players aren't even endorsing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Well Piutau threw him right under the bus, I'm sure he'll be under a huge amount of pressure when the players aren't even endorsing him.

Missed that, what did he say?

Or was it a case of what didn't he say?

.ak wrote: »
    Missed that, what did he say?

Or was it a case of what didn't he say?

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11462318
    Veitch asked the 23-year-old if he had full confidence in the coach. Piutau replied: "Oh, I think you know...I can't really speak on that. I'm not too sure. Whatever the board and franchise decide will be the best for the team. I'll back that."

When Veitch asked if Kirwan had the goods to coach at Super Rugby level, Piutau said: "That's a tough question...I don't want to comment."

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Ouch.

The young players coming through aren't great but the amount of handling errors out there by the blues was simply shocking. Granted it was a bit wet tonight but they've been making those silly mistakes all season.

Can't see JK keeping his job.

Nadolo is something special.

Not great consistency from the ref with the slap downs.

One playoff confirmed: Highlanders v Chiefs

So either the Stormers or the Waratahs will play the Brumbies, most likely the Stormers

I think the Stormers have settled for 3rd place already after last week's draw against the Lions. Think their squad today away against the Sharks has only 3 players who played the Lions last week. Treating this week as their week off for most of their players to be ready for the play-off next week against the Brumbies.

Edit: will be interesting if the Reds beat the Tahs and then a Stormers B team has to go and win against the Sharks to get 2nd spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,193 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Have to say, Genia has been playing really, really well when I've watched him in the past month. Looks a lot more like his old self. Still only 27....good signing for SF if he settles.

Advertisement