Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super XV 2015 General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

What a shambles. Why did Crusaders leave it so late to start playing? :(

• Subscribers Posts: 41,379 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Haven't seen pryor play at 8 before, hopefully he can fill the huge gap manu leaves. With Evans and Hardie that's a very mobile back row.

Such a sloppy start from the Highlanders

Force playing very good effective simple rugby

Jesus Christ what rugby!

Force have knocked on 3 Times now on the white wash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Lions 23-3 Cheetahs at half time.

This is Naka Drotske's last game in charge. Was supposed to stay till end of the season but they released him early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Swiwi. wrote: »

i love this passage
    This is the strangest rugby team ever assembled, playing the weirdest brand of footy since the Southland Boys' High School Old Boys, aka the Satanic Verses, invented the "Braveheart" kick-off. There's Lima Sopoaga with banana kicks for territory from the halfway line. There's Patrick Osborne putting up high balls for Marty Banks to chase and regather, both seemingly unaware of the fact that they are intentionally messing with the natural order of things.

the highlanders have been a joy to watch this season (and last season, mostly, to be fair)

for a team that have no all blacks in their forwards, they have the best stats on forward set pieces.

edit:
    and love this in the comments section as well
    Love it Scotty, Don't forget Lima Sopoanaga who kick passes more than he pass passes

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/may/25/waratahs-pair-suspended-for-illegal-tackle
    Hooker Latu and lock Skelton were suspended for four and two weeks respectively after each were found guilty of an illegal lifting tackle on Crusaders and All Blacks lock Sam Whitelock in last Saturday’s Super Rugby game in Sydney.

i think the ref and TMO bottled this one, skelton did as much as he could that game to get carded,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Agreed, it was a running joke with the commentators. He'd at least 3 potential yellow card moments outside of the lift tackle and got none.

• Advertisement

Carter back at 10 tomorrow for the crusaders. ... possibly under some pressure to perform after a lack lustre season between injuries and playing at 12.

Freuen back at 13 but i didn't think himself and haivili well be able for Smith / nonu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Crusaders on top so far 16-3.

Please tell me Nemani Nadolo will play for Fiji in the World Cup? Anytime I've watched him this season he's been immense, he made the crusaders try.

Carter converted four from four.

Try hurricanes 16 - 8. Carter miss kick led to the try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Try hurricanes 16 - 8. Carter miss kick led to the try.

Fantastic try from the Canes to start the second half. Length of the field try started by a lovely weighted grubber through by Nonu just outside his 22

Ah bloody hell. Saders finally find some form...a week too late. If the tahs had been down to 14 or 13 would have certainly won last week too. Ah well

Ah bloody hell. Saders finally find some form...a week too late. If the tahs had been down to 14 or 13 would have certainly won. Ah well

your game away to the brumbies in the last round could become very interesting ;)

sydthebeat wrote: »
    your game away to the brumbies in the last round could become very interesting ;)

I think this result means Chiefs and Highlanders can still currently finish in 1st place.

Can the Crusaders make the wildcards? Looking at the table it will take some favourable results but it looks like there's still a chance?

SuprSi wrote: »
    Can the Crusaders make the wildcards? Looking at the table it will take some favourable results but it looks like there's still a chance?

if the bulls beat the brumbies in the next game, it could get very very interesting

sydthebeat wrote: »
    if the bulls beat the brumbies in the next game, it could get very very interesting

Not a Bulls fan...but go the Bulls!

Edit: actually F that. Go the draw! (I think...)

• Advertisement

Not a Bulls fan...but go the Bulls!

Edit: actually F that. Go the draw! (I think...)

yeah the low score draw would be better, brumbies would end up on 39 and bulls on 36, youre on 36 currently

Hmm, not looking like any salvation for the Crusaders in this match!

Come on the Bulls! Converted try, 22 - 16 now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

That was a pretty awful game. Speight was excellent though, and with not many Australians putting their hand up for the wing spots, he has to have a great chance at starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

This game even worse, but Higginbotham impressing massively with 2 nice tries. Rebels red killed it a bit, to be fair to the lad (Weeks) he can land a punch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Surely it has to be samurais....? Seems a shame if it's anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭George Hook

Hagz wrote: »
    Surely it has to be samurais....? Seems a shame if it's anything else.

I'd give a list of significant clans or shoguns but as much as I'd love it to have the weight and gravitas the historical context would provide they'd want something internationally recognizable. I.e. dumbed down.

How about Ninjas? Or Dragon Warriors?

*insert prefecture that they play out of* Green dragons/White Tigers
    (both of which are significant Buddhist figures)

Good game, nice Landers try. I tell you syd, dark horses these men from the south.

• Advertisement

Only getting to turn this on now.
    Sounds like our defense is impressing?

Advertisement