Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super XV 2015 General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Only getting to turn this on now.
    Sounds like our defense is impressing?

Waisake!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,380 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Naholo !!!

Burns heem even giving him 10 meters. Some player

It's been a good game syd. The Highlanders are very organised, and the Chiefs, while good, are missing their stars I reckon (Retallick, SBW, Lowe)

Highlanders harassing defense has been excellent. Chiefs getting no time on the ball at all.

Give me a S.T.A.T.E.M.E.N.T!

That is a 4 try BP victory...in style.

You're in the playoffs syd!

Edit: beat the canes next week and you can still top the table!

• Advertisement

That's a huge huge victory.

I know the chiefs were without their big names, but we showed today that we can play stodgy choking defensive rugby while still being a threat off every attack.

Totally satisfying to be qualified with two to go.

No body will want to play us in the play offs

Based on season form final should be canes v landers. But with the silly table system landers and Chiefs will likely meet in the round of 6 and canes & landers (or Chiefs) in the semis. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭franglan

Commentators in Perth think the Cooper move to Toulon is a "will he, won't he?" Thought that was confirmed at this point. Also saying Matt O'Connor could be the next Reds coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Aussie commentators saying MOC very fancied for the Reds job next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Force being ridden bareback by the referee here. Last call was a stinker. Ref calls maul, goes to ground, defender doesn't move and gets penalised for not rolling away. Referee then gives final warning to Force!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Fantastic pass from Cooper, even if it was forward

Bit of QC magic there to make the try with a behind the back pass to Turner. All stemming from the incorrect penalty, though.

Great response from WF just before the break.

Yeah this ref is a bit muck.

Like him or hate him, when Cooper is in form He's a class act.

That maul then penalty for roll away is the worst call I've ever seen. The try off it definitely forward too. He's been harsh on Greg Holmes though, any time it's come down he's pinged him though Pek Cowan is scrummaging at a massive angle.

Crazy Reds try, coast to coast then back to the other coast all for the sake of 2 metres in the one phase.

Quade Cooper is what I imagine people saw in Mark Ella back in the 80s....if he touches the ball twice in the same phase there's going to be a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Very odd that 4th placed team is already assured of their playoffs spot but 2nd and 3rd arent sure yet.

Jacovs wrote: »
    Very odd that 4th placed team is already assured of their playoffs spot but 2nd and 3rd arent sure yet.

??

2nd and third will be the aussie and SA conference winners, regardless of league points

without the conference system the table would look like this

1. Hurricanes 57
    2. Highlanders 48
    3. Chiefs 44
    4. Brumbies 42
    5. Waratahs 41
    6. Stormers 38

??

2nd and third will be the aussie and SA conference winners, regardless of league points

1. Hurricanes 57
    2. Highlanders 48
    3. Chiefs 44
    4. Brumbies 42
    5. Waratahs 41
    6. Stormers 38
    Yeah but at the moment neither brumbies or stormers are assured of their play off spots yet, they could yet be overtaken and drop out of the top 6 completely.

I just meant at this moment in time the Highlanders in 4th are assured of playoff spot, but the current 2nd and 3rd team arent assured of it yet. I know all of us know how the log works, just from an outsider's perspective it must be confusing.

• Advertisement

Jacovs wrote: »
    Yeah but at the moment neither brumbies or stormers are assured of their play off spots yet, they could yet be overtaken and drop out of the top 6 completely.

I just meant at this moment in time the Highlanders in 4th are assured of playoff spot, but the current 2nd and 3rd team arent assured of it yet. I know all of us know how the log works, just from an outsider's perspective it must be confusing.

ah i get you now... yeah, its great i think that both aussie and SA conferences are going to go down to the wire

ah i get you now... yeah, its great i think that both aussie and SA conferences are going to go down to the wire

Just the next 2 games alone could shake up the log completely.
    Stormers lose, Lions win, thats stormers down to 7th. Or waratahs win and go 2nd and brumbies down to 6th.

Even though its confusing it does keep things interesting.

??

1. Hurricanes 57
    2. Highlanders 48
    3. Chiefs 44
    4. Brumbies 42
    5. Waratahs 41
    6. Stormers 38

I think it also means a team can have more points than another but not make the playoffs. Not thinking of my crusaders of course...

stormers destroying cheetahs 37 - 7 after 70 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭George Hook

stormers destroying cheetahs 37 - 7 after 70 mins

Was an entertaining match 42-12 FT.

Cheetahs season one big car crash. Something must be rotten in the organisation, Le Roux and Hendricks are the only decent players they can hold on to. Scrum has been minced all season long.

Finally watch the canes v Saders. Has there ever been a more inept line out display from 2 sides. Must have been about 20% success rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭George Hook

matthew8 wrote: »
    Cheetahs season one big car crash. Something must be rotten in the organisation, Le Roux and Hendricks are the only decent players they can hold on to. Scrum has been minced all season long.

Le Roux has signed for the sharks apparently this morning.

interesting how a half decent argentinian super xviii team next year will fare against the like of the cheetahs or the kings next season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

interesting how a half decent argentinian super xviii team next year will fare against the like of the cheetahs or the kings next season.

They'll beat them. The argies are getting a good side together with a string of European signing coming back. I presume Creevy will captain them, he was immense, abeit at a much lower level, for Worcester against Bristol last week. Sanchez will spearhead the team from 10 although he'll have to bring up his kicking averages. Montero looked sharp last year while Tuculet did a fine job in a poor team in Cardiff. I'm sure they'll sign a few more European players in the coming weeks.

Advertisement