Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 RBS Six Nations General Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,037 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

England
    I think Ford would have gotten the 10 shirt anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

mfceiling wrote: »
    Just a slight tangent on this thread -

Which players on other teams do you look forward to seeing in the 6N?

For me it's "big" Jim Hamilton (an old school nasty assed bast*rd). If there's a bit of niggle or handbags you can bet he'll be stuck in the middle of it.

Looking forward to see how Ford gets on personally. There's a real shortage of truly quality 10s in Europe lately. A lot has been made of this guy so I want to see if he can live up to the billing.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

matthew8 wrote: »
    You could say the same about Madigan.

Apart from the wasps game, not really. He's still 90% in the league.

I'm not being smart but is fords kicking not been off the previous few games? I honestly don't know but I've seen him miss a few easy kicks over the tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

England
    .ak wrote: »
    Apart from the wasps game, not really. He's still 90% in the league.

I'm not being smart but is fords kicking not been off the previous few games? I honestly don't know but I've seen him miss a few easy kicks over the tournament.

Ford's 80% in the league. Leicester wasn't a great game for him but he did well against Wasps and Toulouse. Didn't see the Glasgow game, sounds like he missed 2 kicks but I wouldn't be massively concerned about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

Ford is ridiculously over-rated.Whenever I've seen him he has been average at best and his place kicking isn't near the level of Farrell's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

England
    funtime93 wrote: »
    Ford is ridiculously over-rated.Whenever I've seen him he has been average at best and his place kicking isn't near the level of Farrell's.

I don't know about his kicking, but as a 10 I'm a big fan of his. The future at the position as far as I'm concerned if he continues his development.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭b.gud

England
    Live stream of the launch

They've made a new trophy apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭b.gud

Looks nice, but can it take a battering on grand slam night?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

England
    Do we get the old one in perpetuity? Hope this new one can handle alcohol.

• Advertisement

The little brass bits look like they won't handle a night on the sesh if I'm being honest.

England
    Does the old trophy go to the holders or the team who won it the most times?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

England
    this is only the second Trophy since 1883 to be created so i guess trophy will go to RFU museum in Twickenham...
    first trophy to represent expansion to 6Ns......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

England
    Its funny, the 6 nations hasn't got bonus points, but it reality, it doesn't need them. Bonus points are meant to incentive teams to push on when they're winning, or fight back when they've lost.

When have you ever seen a team not try? The 6 nations is class because teams always fight, because there is so much pride on the line. And that is why I think it's one of the greatest competitions on earth.

Because of the size of the pool and because it's only 5 rounds it's knock out rugby straight away, that's what makes it so good. I love the Tri/Quad Nations too, but it doesn't have that immediate feeling knock out rugby as you can afford a slip up on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

B8bfei9CAAAiCe5.jpg:large

Look at this cringefest.

I can just imagine Paul there: "No, I'm not doing any of that **** thanks.".

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Injury problems are mounting for England: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-union/31016895

Injury problems are mounting for England: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-union/31016895

Never really like to see a squad decimated before the 6N, takes away from it a bit.

Teferi wrote: »

Look at this cringefest.

I dunno....

10940559_1035576889789490_4315524761628394359_n.jpg?oh=ca3990817e75fa3c15b687dc7a775348&oe=5557DBAC&__gda__=1432331157_3ab9bce4826b6fddd1fefc0050a993e6

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

England
    I dunno....

10940559_1035576889789490_4315524761628394359_n.jpg?oh=ca3990817e75fa3c15b687dc7a775348&oe=5557DBAC&__gda__=1432331157_3ab9bce4826b6fddd1fefc0050a993e6

POC: "That's my trophy. Any of ye motherf*ckers touch it and I'll execute every motherf*cking last one of you put the fear of God into ye"

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

France
    My primary concern for Ireland's 6 nations campaign is the fitness of Sexton, this cannot be overstated. He's been out for 12 weeks now, he'll be nowhere near match fit and the chances of him being taken off if he ships any kind of blow to the head in contact are very high.

Sexton is light years ahead of either Madigan or Keatley in just about every aspect of the game. You also have to consider whether mentally Sexton will be avoiding tackles / collisions for fear of damage. So its the lack of fitness and the fear factor for Sexton which for me have the potential to contribute to a subpar Sexton . and by extension the ability to hurt our chances of a second six nations title in a row.

I hope I'm wrong.

• Administrators Posts: 53,384 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I dunno....

What is that photo even about?

Aliens.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

France
    awec wrote: »
    What is that photo even about?

all reaching for the goal i guess but rugby players may not be the best actors :)

England
    Paulie is going with both hands. Typical Munster commitment. All them other countries lack ambition.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

England
    POC needs to watch Zoolander to work the camera better... Robshaw has clearly studied the documentary many times.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

England
    Teferi wrote: »

Look at this cringefest.

Sam Warburton still on the phone with French clubs? :D

• Administrators Posts: 53,384 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

nerd69 wrote: »
    all reaching for the goal i guess but rugby players may not be the best actors :)

They look like they're dancing the drunk uncle wedding dance.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

England
    heybaby wrote: »
    My primary concern for Ireland's 6 nations campaign is the fitness of Sexton, this cannot be overstated. He's been out for 12 weeks now, he'll be nowhere near match fit and the chances of him being taken off if he ships any kind of blow to the head in contact are very high.

Sexton is light years ahead of either Madigan or Keatley in just about every aspect of the game. You also have to consider whether mentally Sexton will be avoiding tackles / collisions for fear of damage. So its the lack of fitness and the fear factor for Sexton which for me have the potential to contribute to a subpar Sexton . and by extension the ability to hurt our chances of a second six nations title in a row.

I hope I'm wrong.

I doubt very much the Sexton will 'hold back' in any way when he comes back into the team. I believe that it is not in is DNA. But I agree that his lack of match fitness is a big worry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Nim wrote: »
    Sam Warburton still on the phone with French clubs? :D

Looks more like he's recording a charity single with that Feed The World pose...

Advertisement