Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 RBS Six Nations General Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭jacothelad

errlloyd wrote: »
    I don't really get into the 6n mood until zero tolerance moderation comes into affect. Now I am beginning to get a bit giddy!

Strange how your subconscious can lead you in odd directions. Scanning quickly down the various posts I read that as Zebo Tolerance moderation. It didn't seem wildly out of place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I have idiotically timed a visit to London with the gf for 6N opening weekend. Will get away with the Ireland game but I fear that's it.

The moment when your conscious is debating between the other couple of games you really want to see but you know the punishment is seeing no action off the pitch...

• Subscribers Posts: 41,037 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

England
    Parling possibly out with an injury now.

England will be dredging the barrell at this rate for locks

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

England
    If Farrell is injured, it could be a massive blessing in disguise for England. Lancaster hasn't seem to want to drop him and he is not an international 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭garbanzo

This clip from RTÉ from a couple of years ago sums up the OP. Brilliant. Love this time of year . . .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

England
    Johnnie Beattie called up after injury to Denton and Strokosch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

England
    garbanzo wrote: »
    This clip from RTÉ from a couple of years ago sums up the OP. Brilliant. Love this time of year . . .

For all the bitching that's done about RTE, they do do great Six Nations promos.

From last year.

But not this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭The Caveman

France
    HI all

Quick question, is the games on Sky, or RTE/BBC, as I can not remember from last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

England
    HI all

Quick question, is the games on Sky, or RTE/BBC, as I can not remember from last year?
    Both RTE and the BBC are broadcasting the Six Nations.

• Administrators Posts: 53,385 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I have idiotically timed a visit to London with the gf for 6N opening weekend. Will get away with the Ireland game but I fear that's it.

Worse than that i will be on a plane somewhere over the Atlantic heading to Toronto when Ireland are lining out in Wales to secure the Grand Slam. :(

Can you get RTE on planes? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

England
    HI all

Thankfully BBC/RTE still have it: http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/six-nations/2012/1011/341212-rte-retain-six-nations-rights-until-2017/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

awec wrote: »
    Worse than that i will be on a plane somewhere over the Atlantic heading to Toronto when Ireland are lining out in Wales to secure the Grand Slam. :(

Can you get RTE on planes? :D

They do wi-fi on some planes but you might not be able to stream. Never know!!

France
    I am not sure if you know, but, the Wife just asked me to book a restaurant for Saturday 14th for the Ireland France Game ( also known as Valentines)

now i need to find a nice restaurant that will show the game - Restaurant and not a Pub...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I am not sure if you know, but, the Wife just asked me to book a restaurant for Saturday 14th for the Ireland France Game ( also known as Valentines)

now i need to find a nice restaurant that will show the game - Restaurant and not a Pub...

Where abouts?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

They'll have a hard time securing the grand slam if they line out in Wales instead of Scotland...

England
    its_phil wrote: »
    They do wi-fi on some planes but you might not be able to stream. Never know!!

You're usually lucky enough to be able to pull up Google.com, never mind RTE Player! Ye might be able to scrape through with some radio coverage maybe. Virgin America have live TV onboard their flights, don't know why other airlines haven't tried that out yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

MJohnston wrote: »
    You're usually lucky enough to be able to pull up Google.com, never mind RTE Player! Ye might be able to scrape through with some radio coverage maybe. Virgin America have live TV onboard their flights, don't know why other airlines haven't tried that out yet.

My dad streamed NFL Gamepass on Aer Lingus flight and said the signal quit on him a few times but was still a decent standard. But I'm sure it can be awful too.

I might just buy the wifi and see what happens.

England
    its_phil wrote: »
    My dad streamed NFL Gamepass on Aer Lingus flight and said the signal quit on him a few times but was still a decent standard. But I'm sure it can be awful too.

On average I've found it to be generally awful, but maybe that's because your dad is up front streaming TV coverage and hogging all the bandwidth ;)

England
    I might just buy the wifi and see what happens.

The other thing is that Aer Lingus wifi is provided by some German company, so you always get served up German versions of pages etc. Would mean that RTE streaming would probably be blocked off. Other airlines are much the same I'm sure.

• Advertisement

Also the wifi on planes tends to be absolutely rubbish.

England
    Well I did mention that one already :P

France
    .ak wrote: »
    Where abouts?

Dublin, but, i think i will just set my mind that i will miss the Ireland France game live, game, and I will have a peaceful Super 15 ( go Sharks) and 6 Nations

Will watch it later that night/ next day

I can live with that...

a happy wife is a happy life...

Dublin, but, i think i will just set my mind that i will miss the Ireland France game live, game, and I will have a peaceful Super 15 ( go Sharks) and 6 Nations

Will watch it later that night/ next day

I can live with that...

a happy wife is a happy life...

That's defeatist talk and I won't have it on this forum.

What you need to do is bring her 37 Dawson St. The food there is pretty good actually and whilst the crowd can be a bit questionable if you book a table up on the mez it can be a pretty intimate little spot and quite quirky. She'll thank you for it later if you treat her to desert which is generally awesome there, plus if you get a mez seat you'll have a view of the flat screen tv in the bar below and there should be a bit of a (stereotypically D4) rugby crowd there so you joining in the cheering and swearing shouldn't be too off putting.

You can thank me later.

France
    I know the place well, been there many times...

will see if they do bookings...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

That's defeatist talk and I won't have it on this forum.

What you need to do is bring her 37 Dawson St. The food there is pretty good actually and whilst the crowd can be a bit questionable if you book a table up on the mez it can be a pretty intimate little spot and quite quirky. She'll thank you for it later if you treat her to desert which is generally awesome there, plus if you get a mez seat you'll have a view of the flat screen tv in the bar below and there should be a bit of a (stereotypically D4) rugby crowd there so you joining in the cheering and swearing shouldn't be too off putting.

You can thank me later.

I was in there once. This gif pretty much sums it up...

giphy.gif

molloyjh wrote: »
    I was in there once. This gif pretty much sums it up...

giphy.gif

Yeah, can be a bit of a pretentious crowd if I'm being honest, but I never let that put me off a good feed or drink.

37 Dawson Street is great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

England
    can be a bit of a pretentious crowd
    37 Dawson Street is great!

Well this is awkward.

• Advertisement

I'm not pretentious, I'm just a level above the likes of .ak and molloy.

Advertisement