Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edision Optimuss OS 3 Plus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 el madrigal

I got around my remote issue by flashing back to an update from February then had to reinstall everything extra. bit of a pain as i'll be getting a new box on wednesday when i bring this faulty one back and i'll need to do it all again.

can anyone tell me how i can back up everything i have set up now so i can just update the new box on wednesday without having to do a reinstall like today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭THE ALM

I got around my remote issue by flashing back to an update from February then had to reinstall everything extra. bit of a pain as i'll be getting a new box on wednesday when i bring this faulty one back and i'll need to do it all again.

can anyone tell me how i can back up everything i have set up now so i can just update the new box on wednesday without having to do a reinstall like today.

Not at box now but if you hit the blue button and select software update is there an option there to do a backup. You can do this to the HDD or USB. This should output a file called update which you can then use for the new box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Well I copied over a few videos onto the box this morning. All copied over ok as I could see them there in the menus. Fast forward a few hours and now the box can't see them anymore and it appears the hard drive is no longer mounted as I can't press pause. Any ideas on how to get them back. Tried going in to the menu and choosing set as hdd again. Still not working after a reboot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 el madrigal

THE ALM wrote: »
    Not at box now but if you hit the blue button and select software update is there an option there to do a backup. You can do this to the HDD or USB. This should output a file called update which you can then use for the new box

Will do this before bringing the box back so I can just reload the set up once I've the new one.

Unless fluent in German, you will have to use google translate or the like but this may provide some useful info - http://book.mynonpublic.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

Has anyone found a link to an English user manual for the Optimuss OS3? I bought one a few weeks and am trying to sort favourite channels, etc. but haven't been able to do so yet.
    I've also had a few crashes on the box. I was recording a programme at the time and it froze on one channel. Left it until the morning to see if recording would complete, but it didn't.
    No mods to the box. Not a good out of the box experience so far :_(

a_ominous wrote: »
    Has anyone found a link to an English user manual for the Optimuss OS3? I bought one a few weeks and am trying to sort favourite channels, etc. but haven't been able to do so yet.
    I've also had a few crashes on the box. I was recording a programme at the time and it froze on one channel. Left it until the morning to see if recording would complete, but it didn't.
    No mods to the box. Not a good out of the box experience so far :_(

This is a manual for the openvix image which would share a lot of similarities with the openatv image which I assume you are running, they are both enigma2 - http://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/Guides%20and%20Tutorials/VIX%20Manual%20Vs%201.1.pdf

Not sure what would be causing the recording problems as I have never had a recording fail. I have a wd blue internal hard drive formatted to ext4 and both recording and timeshift have never given issues.

I have had crashes which is more to do with me playing around with settings and plugins and the two plugins which appear to give most problems are cooltvguide and kodidirect.

The easiest way to sort channels is using webif, the plugin is generally installed by default on the box. To use this your os3+ will need to be connected to your network. If you hit the menu button on the remote, select information, select network you will see an IP address for the box. Open up a browser on your pc/laptop and type in this IP address which should start up webif on the pc/laptop.

You will see a menu on the left of the screen with an option, towards the bottom, for bouquet edit. If you select this you will have a list of all the bouquets in the top right panel and favourites should be listed, if not you can create one. If you select favourites it will list all the channels in the bottom right panel. In the left hand panels you can select providers and you can add/delete these anyway you want into your favourites bouquet. I have mine sorted so that terrestrial channels are at the top of the favourites bouquet followed by the bbc's etc.

I hope this makes sense as trying to picture this from memory, not in front of os3+ at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭thegreek

I have never used boards so much since I bought an Amiko Alien. Well folks I am moving threads.
    I just bought an Edison. Hopefully with this purchase I will not be hounding CampionC so much.

thegreek wrote: »
    I have never used boards so much since I bought an Amiko Alien. Well folks I am moving threads.
    I just bought an Edison. Hopefully with this purchase I will not be hounding CampionC so much.

You're the first post in over a week so hopefully a sign that everybody has the os3+ running ok, touch wood.

I actually decided to load an openatv image and leave it alone, very unlike me, and it has been running great since. I got rid of all the plugins that I had downloaded and didn't really use which seems to have helped.

I will probably wait until there have been a few updates to the image before I do a fresh install again as all the messing around with the box does not help.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭thegreek

Got it ok after a bit of messing around to get it right. Mainly because I was trying to replicate how I did things on the Amiko which I think is a mistake.
    Have it running nice now having undone a lot of stuff I did initially.

But first view is this thing is blindingly fast compared to the Amiko.

Love it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Is there an open Pli image available for this seems fairly limited to open atv?

glic83 wrote: »
    Is there an open Pli image available for this seems fairly limited to open atv?

Not that I have seen.

The alternatives that I have found are openvix, opendroid and hdfreaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,646 ✭✭✭54and56

My Sky Satellite contract runs out in a couple of months. I currently have 2 X Sky+ HD boxes with series recording etc which I'm interested in switching to some sort of combo box that will blend the UK FTA/FreeSat channels with the Irish Saorview channels and from browsing through some threads here it seems the Edision Optimuss OS 3 Plus might be the best value option available.

The main question I have is whether these boxes are updated to new models (like mobile phones or Android TV/Media boxes) on a regular basis and if so is the Edision Optimuss OS 3 Plus due an upgrade soon or are there any other boxes due out which do the same or better job for similar money?

My Sky Satellite contract runs out in a couple of months. I currently have 2 X Sky+ HD boxes with series recording etc which I'm interested in switching to some sort of combo box that will blend the UK FTA/FreeSat channels with the Irish Saorview channels and from browsing through some threads here it seems the Edision Optimuss OS 3 Plus might be the best value option available.

The main question I have is whether these boxes are updated to new models (like mobile phones or Android TV/Media boxes) on a regular basis and if so is the Edision Optimuss OS 3 Plus due an upgrade soon or are there any other boxes due out which do the same or better job for similar money?

The OS3 would be a fairly recent model and well spec'd although, like all technology, there will be something new coming along no doubt. There are some quad tuners like the Mutant and Xtrend models with more ram and stuff but you are looking at €450/500 for those and I don't know that they would be worth the difference in price.

Not that I have seen.

The alternatives that I have found are openvix, opendroid and hdfreaks.

Have you a link for the open vix? and did you try it yourself?
    This box is the same as the tm nano 3 , but would have different bootloaders and drivers I presume. So open vix for the tm nano 3 should be ok as long as it has the correct bootloader.

Have you a link for the open vix? and did you try it yourself?
    This box is the same as the tm nano 3 , but would have different bootloaders and drivers I presume. So open vix for the tm nano 3 should be ok as long as it has the correct bootloader.

Here is a link to the latest openvix for the os3+, just unzip the file and update as normal. I did try it and found no problems with it, think I just preferred the look of openatv, maybe because it is what I am used to and no doubt I could have set up the openvix to be similar.

Here is a link to the latest openvix for the os3+, just unzip the file and update as normal. I did try it and found no problems with it, think I just preferred the look of openatv, maybe because it is what I am used to and no doubt I could have set up the openvix to be similar.

Cheers for that so far I have tried the free.tv (open atv 4.2) image, the stock open atv 5.0 image and the open vix apollo image.
    Pitty there isn't more of a choice with the images, hardware wise its spot on just needs more development on the software/images.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Just randomly sharing that I'm on a clean install of openatv 5.0 for a few weeks now and it's rock solid

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Just randomly sharing that I'm on a clean install of openatv 5.0 for a few weeks now and it's rock solid

Agreed. Decided I would install it and leave it alone for a while and not continually change things, think I will limit any updates to about once a month.

I'm on the hdfreaks image so far so good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Irreverent

alias no.9 wrote: »

What skin are you using with openatv 5.0. Just got my box today so looking forward to playing around. If you had a link to that image I would be grateful. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Irreverent wrote: »
    What skin are you using with openatv 5.0. Just got my box today so looking forward to playing around. If you had a link to that image I would be grateful. Cheers.

I'm running the <default> skin which somewhat counterintuitively is not the skin that loads by default which is MetrixHD. The daily openatv images are here I can't say exactly which one I loaded without firing up the laptop but i think maybe april 15th ish but I've run all of the updates earlier today without issue so I guess may 6th is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Irreverent

Good stuff. Thanks a lot. This is my first attempt with the Optimuss although I have had an Amiko in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Does anyone know what the green flashing icon is for on the info bar? Just trying out the latest hdf image and its appeared after I was messing around with all the menus.:D

1RLVLav.jpg

This is a good one.

I lost over half my channels . I even tried the Amiko A2.

2 different dishes, 3 different cables and 3 different quad LNB's and one single LNB and I just can't scan more than 439 channels ? WTF ???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

did you try a manual scan of the missing TPs?

Or load a known working channel list with dreambox edit

Tried all in the last 2 posts.

It gets weirder.

Swapping the cables scanned 9xx odd channels.

So now I can receive the missing channels but loose the ones I had. In other words, now it scans all the channels but no pic on the channels I had before I swapped the cables and have the channels I did not have before swapping the cables. This is mental stuff. Being driving me mad for ages !

Have to admit now I don't know what's coming from the single LNB or the Quad.

What Image? what are your tunner configurations set to?

• Advertisement

What Image? what are your tunner configurations set to?

Open ATV 4.2

Settings = simple, single sat,

Advertisement