Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd Antichrist?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

King Mob wrote: »
    No.
    What a silly irrelevant question...:confused:

A very, very, very relevant question. You see you're a pure total outright 100% skeptic in all and anything, that isn't absolutely certified beyond all belief and presented to you in a suitable form for your narrow logic to process.

Hence there is very little point in any further discussion.

Denying the possibility for example that there may be other lifeforms of any type in the universe established this fact. Not even a maybe, perhaps or 'who knows', just a plain absolute 'no'.

Astronomers estimate there are 100 billion habitable Earth-like planets, just in the Milky Way, '50 sextillion' in the (known) universe. The late Hawkings and all eminent scientists worth their salt therefore very likely disagree with you.

The founders of the SETI program, all planetary exploration programs and indeed all the trillions invested in dark projects/budgets is burnt cash in your view. Multiverse, quantum or any type of space-time distortion is all wasted chalk on a blackboard in your view.

As regards the 'seers' (including all the religious prophets), I simply stated that they were 'useful and interesting', but you strangely seem to take great offense to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

A very, very, very relevant question. You see you're a pure total outright 100% skeptic in all and anything, that isn't absolutely certified beyond all belief and presented to you in a suitable form for your narrow logic to process.
    You seem to have misunderstood my response.
    No, I don't dismiss entirely the idea of any life existing beyond this planet.
    As regards the 'seers' (including all the religious prophets), I simply stated that they were 'useful and interesting', but you strangely seem to take great offense to this.
    No, I'm asking you why you think they are useful and interesting.
    You seem unable to answer this question or show that you've applied even the most basic level of skepticism to the claims of these seers.

My question is very very simple:
    Please point to a prediction that Nostradamus or any seer has made that
    1) can be clearly shown to be one of theirs.
    2) has clear and specific details about a single future event and cannot be stretched or reinterpreted for any other event.
    3) was claimed to be a prediction before the event actually happened.

If you are unable to provide this, please explain so.

You seem to have misunderstood my response.
    No, I don't dismiss entirely the idea of any life existing beyond this planet.

Fair enough, so you are open to the idea of the existence of alien life, (although that can't be proved). Well that's equally as interesting.

Going by the very same levels of probability there is likely far more intelligent life than us. What most humans over millennia may consider 'god-like' entities out there. But you of course deny all religious, and god-like concepts.
    I'm asking you why you think they are useful and interesting.
    You seem unable to answer this question or show that you've applied even the most basic level of skepticism to the claims of these seers.

My question is very very simple:
    Please point to a prediction that Nostradamus or any seer has made that
    1) can be clearly shown to be one of theirs.
    2) has clear and specific details about a single future event and cannot be stretched or reinterpreted for any other event.
    3) was claimed to be a prediction before the event actually happened...

Some specific 'predictions' are indeed useful and interesting to me. Whilst some should be dismissed. Some sources are consistently better than others. One chap that posts them (every September for the following year) has aided in securing me profit from the following events:

Con Maj government in the UK x1,300% ROI, Trump x1,000% ROI, Brexit: 450% ROI, Itaexit (pending ROI) 760%.

If e.g. you were considering buying a holiday home or indeed a manufacturing/export base in either Italy or Denmark, this would not be recommended.

Barely 1/4 into 2018 and generally seems again to be on track, some are open to slight interpretation e.g. LV which of course you will nit-pick at, but overall it's a generally a decent effort, especially for major events.

VSs7I06.png

jjrdgLb.png

Going by the very same levels of probability there is likely far more intelligent life than us. What most humans over millennia may consider 'god-like' entities out there. But you of course deny all religious, and god-like concepts.
    Not really following you again. You seem to be accusing me of something, but I can't quite make sense of it.
    Yes, I don't believe any religions.
    No I don't believe any aliens are gods, nor do I believe that Gao'ould are coming for it.
    Some specific 'predictions' are indeed useful and interesting to me. Whilst some should be dismissed. Some sources are consistently better than others. One chap that posts them (every September for the following year) has aided in securing me profit from the following events:
    If these are the best examples you have, then I've a bridge you'd be really interested in buying.

But that aside, how does this anonymous person on the internet get their information? Via magic? Via Aliens?
    Why are they so non specific? Why do they not mention other major unexpected events?

Why do their predictions look exactly like they are guessing randomly?
    Why does it label things as correct which are not correct?
    Why is stuff blacked out?

• Advertisement

Not really following you again. You seem to be accusing me of something, but I can't quite make sense of it.
    Yes, I don't believe any religions.
    No I don't believe any aliens are gods, nor do I believe that Gao'ould are coming for it.

Surely as you believe in possibility of alien life forms, and the probability figures show the likelyhood that plenty of these are likely to be highly advanced compared to us mere mortals.

Thus any contact our civilisation would ever have had with these, would surely be considered as 'god-like' and would easily form a basis for some of the hundreds of various world religions.

Anyway we'll leave it as that, aliens=1, gods=0.
    If these are the best examples you have, then I've a bridge you'd be really interested in buying.

Not bad eh? Am all sorted for bridges.
    But that aside, how does this anonymous person on the internet get their information? Via magic? Via Aliens?
    Why are they so non specific? Why do they not mention other major unexpected events?

Who knows for sure, it could well be those aliens (that you now accept may well exist). It's likely that it's not sent in by fax with precise exact details anyway.

Trump is fairly specific, as are others. Most folks had a fit of laughter when they seen him on my accumulator bets, think he was actually around 25/1 in Sept 16. You should read some of the comments on the Trump for POTUS thread 25/1. Folks were even offering to donate money if he won. Another lad said he spend the day driving around bookies placing bets on Hilary, pure madness. That small matter of Brexit was fairly unlikely, again almost laughable! A conservative majority in the UK, 7.69% chance for that one, some chance!

I blocked a couple so as not to get anyone worried about future ones.

Which one(s) aren't correct?

Surely as you believe in possibility of alien life forms, and the probability figures show the likelyhood that plenty of these are likely to be highly advanced compared to us mere mortals.
    Sure, but describing them as gods doesn't follow or really mean anything. Nor does it mean such things exist or are in anywhere near us.
    Thus any contact our civilisation would ever have had with these, would surely be considered as 'god-like' and would easily form a basis for some of the hundreds of various world religions.
    There is no evidence such a thing has happened.
    Who knows for sure, it could well be those aliens (that you now accept may well exist). It's likely that it's not sent in by fax with precise exact details anyway.
    So short answer:
    You don't know. It's magic.
    Trump is fairly specific, as are others. Most folks had a fit of laughter when they seen him on my accumulator bets, Think he was actually around 25/1 in Sept 16. That small matter of Brexit was fairly unlikely, again almost laughable! A conservative majority in the UK, 7.69% chance for that one, some chance!
    Trump is specific as it's it was a 50/50 guess. Likewise with Brexit and all such elections.

Had this person come back with exact numbers and percentages, then it would have been specific.
    Why would they not be able to do so?
    Which one(s) aren't correct?
    Main ones:
    Fire in Las Vegas
    US lending Nukes to Japan

These are labeled correct, yet they are not true.

Please go back and address the rest of my questions:
    How does this anonymous person on the internet get their information? Via magic? Via Aliens?

Why is stuff blacked out?

Really pointless to continue any conversation with King Mob, he needs full explanation for anything he process such as the possibility of sky-gods.

Yet happy to hold belief in the likely-hood of Alien life existing, even though this hasn't exactly been proven, a curious predicament indeed.
    How can you hold belief in aliens, if you have no proof? Is there specific data you can present to back this up? exact percentages or numbers?

Btw Trump, ConsMaj and Brexit weren't 50/50, if they were the bookies payouts and polls would have been what is called 'even's.
    But sure, try to manipulate this clear fact, dumb it down into a AvB scenario.

The only two there open to interpretation are the 'fire' in LV an Japan, which has just bought the 133m US Aegis defense system and likely has temporary Nu-offensive capabilities now within it's territory.

Sure keep a look out for the arrival of sky-gods in the meantime.
    Whilst slating all other concepts of gods or anything that is unproven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Given that life has already originated once already, it's not that big of a leap to say it could have originated again.

Ipso wrote: »
    Given that life has already originated once already, it's not that big of a leap to say it could have originated again.

Very much agree, the level of probability is very high indeed, although not proven, it does call for a certain amount of 'faith' or expectation. Nothing solid of course to go on.

It's likely also many other lifeforms would highly developed, almost considered to be 'god like' in comparison to our basic existence. With many older star systems and even ancient red dwarfs still having planets in their orbit.

Many scientists support multiverse, wormhole and quantum theories whereby time itself isn't 'linear' as we know it. Some even suggest we could be living in a holographic universe, which complicates things somewhat further, ah who knows for sure.

• Advertisement

Really pointless to continue any conversation with King Mob, he needs full explanation for anything he process such as the possibility of sky-gods.
    Nope, just direct answers to the very simple questions I've asked would be nice. Or an honest explanation for why you are unable to answer them.
    Btw Trump, ConsMaj and Brexit weren't 50/50, if they were the bookies payouts and polls would have been what is called 'even's.
    But sure, try to manipulate this clear fact, dumb it down into a AvB scenario.
    Nope, it's a 50/50 choice to pick from.
    And given you have not even explained who this magical seer is, for all we know they're the type who throw out any and all "predictions".
    There's probably lists out there that have the opposite choice, but they're not the ones that get shared around.

Shotgunning guesses when helpful folks like yourself only count their hits.
    The only two there open to interpretation are the 'fire' in LV an Japan, which has just bought the 133m US Aegis defense system and likely has temporary Nu-offensive capabilities now within it's territory.
    And this is another perfect example

Even though the "predictions" were vague and non-specific, it seems the one detail they were specific on isn't that important either.

Japan is not renting nukes from the US. Yet you say the prediction is correct.
    There was no major or noteworthy fire in Las Vegas. Yet you say the prediction is correct.

And this is of course after you've cut out and ignored all of the predictions this random person has gotten wrong.

Please stop falling for what is a very obvious hoax. Please apply a bare level of skepticism.

Nope, it's a 50/50 choice to pick from.

That's a bit like saying there's a 50/50 chance it will snow tomorrow, in Egypt. Sure it could happen (has happened in the past) OR it may not, thus whola! 50:50. simple. :rolleyes:

If you can't even process basic probability, what's the point.

You're wasting time now. on your way (to my blocked list).
    Watch out for those sky-gods.

That's a bit like saying there's a 50/50 chance it will snow tomorrow, in Egypt. Sure it could happen (has happened in the past) OR it may not, thus whola! 50:50. simple. :rolleyes:

If you can't even process basic probability, what's the point.

You're wasting time now. on your way (to my blocked list).
    Watch out for those sky-gods.
    More like it's an up coming soccer match. You claim both teams will win.
    Then, if people like you only count the correct guess. Or twist the incorrect guess so that it still somehow counts...

But again, magic doesn't exist and people cannot see the future. You've done an excellent job of demonstrating how seers are able to con people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

I read all the holy books and I seriously think they're so ingrained into our psyche going down through the age's...

It's easy to see how the book of revelations can be manipulated to identify with current war's and political intrigue.

Most of the war's are concentrated in one area...

Book of Revelations Isaiah chapter 7 actually does describe the destruction of earth. End of days according to Isaiah will happen when Damascus in Syria is left in ruins and nobody left in the city. This has never happened in history. What we seeing in Syria could be the prophecy unfolding in our lifetimes or may never happen?

The countries that are involved in final destruction are coming together as allies Turkey, Iran and Russia.

Advertisement