Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan €4,000 Scrappage Deal and the Nissan Note

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

So i availed of the scrappage deal back in Feb.
    This week, i see the car i traded in, driving into the car park where i work.
    Do they not have to scrap the cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭morebarn2

deise08 wrote: »

apparently not! Our trade in was bought by a guy a few blocks away from us. We see it going past our house regularly. I suppose if the car is in any kind of reasonable condition they will find a buyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Atlantis50

morebarn2 wrote: »
    apparently not! Our trade in was bought by a guy a few blocks away from us. We see it going past our house regularly. I suppose if the car is in any kind of reasonable condition they will find a buyer.

Yeah, they often sell them on to Independent Dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,667 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

There is no scrappage required, it's just a name they use to glorify selling a car to you at a discount when you trade in yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 seekaay

All cars have to hold a valid NCT, so they are still road worthy. The vast majority of these cars will be sold via car auctions with whatever they get returning some of the massive discount given on the new car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Nissan give the dealers the difference between the price they get for the car trade, and the €4000 discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Nissan give the dealers the difference between the price they get for the car trade, and the €4000 discount.
    really? Is it not just a trade in allowance plus whatever the car is worth?

Advertisement