Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan €4,000 Scrappage Deal and the Nissan Note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Casati wrote: »
    Would make the Juke very cheap too - under 16k. They seem to hold their value quite well dont they? Nissan dealers generally offer 1500 cash discount, so this deal looks good if you have trade in worth less than 1k

I don't think you will get any further discount than the 4k already offered, cash or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Beware

Metallic Paint €500 & Delivery €1,000 adds €1,500 to the bottom line

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TimHorton

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Worth trying, nissan hardly actually want a load of scrap cars.

Interesting, looks like if the car is out of tax and test less than 6 months, you'd be ok. Also doesn't say you need to be the registered owner any length of time.

According to 1 dealer this condition

"Qualifying trade-in vehicles must be registered in the Republic of Ireland for at least 6 months previous to date of trade in"

means the person trading the car in must be have been the registered ownerfor at least 6 months before the date of the trade in

Bit of Joke really for a large company to leave out such information

• Registered Users Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭daheff

Nissan\Windsor motors did something similar in summertime & I changed a07 note for a 142 sv note. With this deal it was cheaper to buy a new car than a nearly new model

The old car was a 1.4 and new car is 1.2 - dealer told me the newer model had more power than my old car...maybe so, but 1.2 engine is too small for this car. It doesn't have acceleration or power (regardless of what dealer said). I've also had a couple of issues with the electrics in it...nothing major, but just needed a reset.

One feature it has which (IMHO) is useless, is the stop\start engine. Basically the engines supposed to turn off if you are stopped in traffic etc. But it wont if you have ANY electrics running (air con, radio, lights etc)....things you'd normally have on while driving :(

Also one thing I find really annoying is that when I am turning, I can feel the mechanics turning in the floor!!!(from turning the steering wheel).

Having said that for the money (and remember you are getting 4k off the list price of a new car), the size of the car is huge! Great size for a family car(if that's what you are after). If its power & performance at least get the 1.5 diesel...but not the 1.2

As for resale value....I don't think this deal will damage the resale value. Performance & reliability will have more effect

Also as an aside...I've heard the bigger more exp pulsar has the same issues with engine sizes (1.2 petrol or 1.5 diesel).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

TimHorton wrote: »
    Beware

Metallic Paint €500 & Delivery €1,000 adds €1,500 to the bottom line

Delivery of €1000 is very high for a Nissan. Even Audis and BMWs delivery charges cost less than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

RedorDead wrote: »
    Delivery of €1000 is very high for a Nissan. Even Audis and BMWs delivery charges cost less than that.

Feck it sure I'll drive it home meself :cool:

Worth trying, nissan hardly actually want a load of scrap cars.

Interesting, looks like if the car is out of tax and test less than 6 months, you'd be ok. Also doesn't say you need to be the registered owner any length of time.

Maybe I'm a bit delusional, but would you not be better off just haggling the €4,000 off the price?

Surely you'd be doing them a favour by not giving them an old banger that they'll have to pay someone to scrap?

Or at the least, buying something like this and selling your own car privately?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Pity they're not doing it on the Leaf.

I'd take a new one of them @ €17k.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Is this not a €5000 scrappage rather than €4000?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,415 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is this not a €5000 scrappage rather than €4000?

How?

Its minimum €4000, if your car is worth more than €0 you may get more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭Casati

Its minimum €4000, if your car is worth more than €0 you may get more[/QUOTE]

Its a dealer top up. The dealer usually will offer a 1500 cash discount, as such if you arrive with a car worth 0, he will give you 1500 trade-in for it. With this promotion, he will give you 4000 for it.

If you arrive with no car to trade in, he will generally give you a 1500 cash discount

I arrived with a car the dealer said was worth 2500 trade, but the max he would give was 4000 on a trade in, os it was no benefit to me- i.e. the promotion is only worth your while if the car your trading in is worth less than 2500. For somebody with a car worth scrap, its a good deal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Surely to <insert fictitious religious icon here> it'd be worth their while to give a €4k discount to cash buyers and not have to deal with a rubbish trade in?

Casati wrote: »
    Its minimum €4000, if your car is worth more than €0 you may get more

Its a dealer top up. The dealer usually will offer a 1500 cash discount, as such if you arrive with a car worth 0, he will give you 1500 trade-in for it. With this promotion, he will give you 4000 for it.

If you arrive with no car to trade in, he will generally give you a 1500 cash discount

I arrived with a car the dealer said was worth 2500 trade, but the max he would give was 4000 on a trade in, os it was no benefit to me- i.e. the promotion is only worth your while if the car your trading in is worth less than 2500. For somebody with a car worth scrap, its a good deal[/QUOTE]

I'm saying trade value for the trade in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

I've a feeling I know the answer to this one, but I'll ask anyway . . . is there no regulation at this stage of "dealer & delivery" charges?

The EU took a while, but it eventually managed to beat Ryanair and others into shape and tell them to include their "Booking on Monday" charge, "You want a toilet on the plane?" charge, "We have to pay our staff too you know" charge, etc . . . into the headline price and not be schneaking them in at the end of the transaction. Have they tried this with the car folks and their "oh, you want it painted and with 4 wheels attached" charges yet?

I don't mind what they call their extra charges as long as it's transparent. If Nissan tell me they will sell me a Note for €16,195, is there not some sort of obligation to be able to come through on the offer without the bit about "Ah, sure it costs us a grand to get the vehicle from the docks to the garage, these things don't drive themselves you know . . ."

Just wondering, like. I am thinking of going for their offer, but I *really* don't want to spend time and effort without knowing what the car will actually cost me at the end of the day.

z

Wouldn't that be price fixing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Err, not as such. If McDonalds advertise that I can get a burger for €1 that's not price fixing, that's setting a price. Same with cars. If McDonalds and Burger King both happen to independently come to the conclusion that they will only sell burgers for €5 *that's* price fixing.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭pollocks

Just to say it is worth haggling even with the scrapage deal. I managed to get €5095 off a new Nissan micra for the mother in law, trading in a wreck of a 02 vitara not a straight panel on her

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭nerobert

What do they do with the traded in cars

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

pollocks wrote: »
    Just to say it is worth haggling even with the scrapage deal. I managed to get €5095 off a new Nissan micra for the mother in law, trading in a wreck of a 02 vitara not a straight panel on her

What was your cost to change or to buy the micra

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭pollocks

Got it with metallic for 11600, down from 16695.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Wonder will they extend this offer ? Anyone know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nightworker

anyone know if the Nissan scrappage scheme can only be availed off through finance only or could you pay balance off in full thanks ?

I'd be shocked if they didn't offer finance.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭morebarn2

anyone know if the Nissan scrappage scheme can only be availed off through finance only or could you pay balance off in full thanks ?

No you dont have to take the finance deal. You can pay off the balance in cash. Salesman told me he is mostly doing cash deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭morebarn2

RedorDead wrote: »

I was quoted E500 for metallic finish plus E695 Delivery charge,bringing total price to E17,390. With reduction of E4000, a new Note for E13,390 is still pretty good.

Has anyone asked does this apply for the leaf?
    Have heard reports (including on other threads in the main forum) of people claiming to get the 4k off a leaf in addition to the government grants.

A leaf for 16-18k really would be impossible to turn down!

Has anyone asked does this apply for the leaf?
    Have heard reports (including on other threads in the main forum) of people claiming to get the 4k off a leaf in addition to the government grants.

A leaf for 16-18k really would be impossible to turn down!

Ask Mad lad, there's very little he doesn't know about Leaves!

Edit, yeah, they've added the leaf on.
    http://www.windsor.ie/special_offer_details.aspx?so=129

I'd nearly get one myself tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,213 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

But they don't add on €4000 to the value of your trade-in, do they?

I have a €10k car to trade-in at present, they won't give me €14k off a new Leaf would they?

Its more that if you have a piece of junk worth 500, they will give you 4000 off a new car, is that right?

The orrice offered usually contains discount, so no, you wouldn't get an extra €4k.
    Sell privately though then trade in some old shoite with test?

• Advertisement

Jaysus.
    Might head to belgard on my day off this week so.
    Foook. That's a really good deal. Hard to, ahem, leaf it behind. :cool:

Advertisement