Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan €4,000 Scrappage Deal and the Nissan Note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

The website gives an example of HP finance, with ownership outright after 5 years and no final balloon payment,
    Doesnt seem to be anything precluding one from taking either PCP or a cash sale however.

Is PCP that thing where you drive it for 3 years and either hand it back or balloon payment it?
    That'd be the best option for the Leaf I'd say. Never have to worry about the battery then!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Soarer wrote: »
    Is PCP that thing where you drive it for 3 years and either hand it back or balloon payment it?
    That'd be the best option for the Leaf I'd say. Never have to worry about the battery then!

That's it yup.
    I reckon, leaf now for 3 years on PCP then new leaf next generation in 3 years time with extended range is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

The extended scrappage deal looks to include the qashqai aswell;

http://www.nissan.ie/offers/new-vehicles/nissan-scrappage

"Terms and Conditions (Updated 1st of Feb for extended Offer)

Available on Micra, Note Juke, Leaf, Pulsar and Qashqai Models only"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭surpy

Is this right?

So pcp, with old scrap and about 3k as deposit, we'll be in a leaf for 229 per month and hand it back when it's 3 years old?

Is that possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

The €229 is based on a deposit of €6600 so you'd have to find the 2.6k. If you reduce the deposit then you increase the monthly payment. I think 6.6 is the max, so they use that to advertise the ridiculously low monthly payment.

See here: http://www.nissan.ie/offers/new-vehicles/nissan-leaf-€229-month

• Advertisement

Thanks for that , I'm also wondering if the 4k goes against the deposit or the finance?

So it's definitely 4k + 2.6 rather than 6.6 and the finance amount is reduced

The 4 + 2.6 is the 6.6k. Thsts how it works from what I can see but ask your dealer to be sure.

Thanks again. I think we'll be taking a close look at this one!

Seriously considering the Leaf on PCP. One big issue though is this bloody delivery charge. It gives an rrp for the car, but that doesn't include delivery. Is it €100 or €1000?
    Also used their very vague calculator, and in the quote that got emailed to me, there was an email attached that's offer 3 years warranty, 3 years roadside assistance, and 3 years free servicing!
    The bloody thing is getting cheaper all the time!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Seriously considering the Leaf on PCP. One big issue though is this bloody delivery charge. It gives an rrp for the car, but that doesn't include delivery. Is it €100 or €1000?
    Also used their very vague calculator, and in the quote that got emailed to me, there was an email attached that's offer 3 years warranty, 3 years roadside assistance, and 3 years free servicing!
    The bloody thing is getting cheaper all the time!

3 years free servicing on a Leaf???

That's not much use with an electric motor!

• Advertisement

Dia1988 wrote: »
    3 years free servicing on a Leaf???

That's not much use with an electric motor!

Think I remember reading before that there's an annual "checkup" which is €150, or something like that.
    Also, that offer is on all new Nissans, not just the Leaf.

Edit: Now that I look at that email again, it says 2014 Nissan. But since they sent it, I assume you could hold them to it.

Afternoon all.

Called over to my local dealer while ago to find out what's what with the Leaf and the scrappage.
    First things first. The example on Nissan.ie is pretty much unattainable. That's based on the "old" Leaf. All the new ones come with the quick charge now, which is an extra €1000. Also, delivery charge is a nice round €1000!
    So the basic spec XE model, without metallic paint (€500) has an RRP of €21,490. Add in your delivery of €1,000, and the gross price is €22,490.
    Less the scrappage of €4,000, give you a PCP amount of €18,490.
    Financing €18,490 over 3 years @ their Leaf rate of 7.9%, gives a monthly payment of €344.12, with a final balloon payment of €9,333.35. This gives a total cost of credit of €3,231.67.
    Also got him to check what the repayments would be if I gave an extra €1,000 deposit, and the repayments drop by €31 per month. So every €1,000 you give on deposit, saves you €31 per month over 3 years.

Sharp practice by Nissan. I wonder what the financial regulator would have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Afternoon all.

Called over to my local dealer while ago to find out what's what with the Leaf and the scrappage.
    First things first. The example on Nissan.ie is pretty much unattainable. That's based on the "old" Leaf. All the new ones come with the quick charge now, which is an extra €1000. Also, delivery charge is a nice round €1000!
    So the basic spec XE model, without metallic paint (€500) has an RRP of €21,490. Add in your delivery of €1,000, and the gross price is €22,490.
    Less the scrappage of €4,000, give you a PCP amount of €18,490.
    Financing €18,490 over 3 years @ their Leaf rate of 7.9%, gives a monthly payment of €344.12, with a final balloon payment of €9,333.35. This gives a total cost of credit of €3,231.67.
    Also got him to check what the repayments would be if I gave an extra €1,000 deposit, and the repayments drop by €31 per month. So every €1,000 you give on deposit, saves you €31 per month over 3 years.

Put a complaint into the ASAI and see what they have to say. Poor form!

ASAI only cover print and broadcast media, not web. I've been here before...

EDIT. not anymore apparently...

I wouldn't mind the quick charge thing tbh, 'cause I'd probably have specified it anyway.

What gets me is the €1000 delivery charge that they don't declare. That charge basically cost you €31 per month over 3 years! F that.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

I wouldn't mind the quick charge thing tbh, 'cause I'd probably have specified it anyway.

What gets me is the €1000 delivery charge that they don't declare. That charge basically cost you €31 per month over 3 years! F that.

The delivery charge is a bit steep alright but all manufacturers give their prices 'ex works' so it is to be expected.

I assume that if you were to push it, you'd probably get something off the delivery charge aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Just saw this pop up and wanted to point out that a family member bought the leaf on scrappage last week and the quick charge was not included a and actually was not even mentioned so that's 1000 less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

Any more information on cost to change to a quasquai using this scrappage scheme

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The qashqai isn't on this scheme afaik as they can sell them on more than price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭morebarn2

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The qashqai isn't on this scheme afaik as they can sell them on more than price.

Maybe I misheard, but I am fairly certain that on the new advertisement for the offer extended to February, the Qashqai is included.

morebarn2 wrote: »
    Maybe I misheard, but I am fairly certain that on the new advertisement for the offer extended to February, the Qashqai is included.

Yup, you're right.

Have a look at the update near the bottom of this page.

morebarn2 wrote: »

You're right actually! They're doing it on vans and pickups too

Here are nissans figures January.

1. Nissan QASHQAI 807
    2 Nissan PULSAR 414
    3 Nissan NOTE 327
    4 Nissan JUKE 239
    5 Nissan MICRA 220
    6 Nissan LEAF 105
    7 Nissan X-TRAIL 90

For comparison sake:

1. Toyota COROLLA 1,025
    2 Toyota YARIS 804
    3 Toyota AURIS 739
    4 Toyota RAV 4 579
    5 Toyota AVENSIS 505
    6 Toyota AYGO 125
    7 Toyota VERSO 53
    8 Toyota PRIUS HYBRID 27
    9 Toyota VERSO-S 6
    10 Toyota GT86 2

1. Volkswagen GOLF 1,549
    2 Volkswagen POLO 544
    3 Volkswagen PASSAT SALOON 324
    4 Volkswagen TIGUAN 312
    5 Volkswagen JETTA 250
    6 Volkswagen UP 55
    7 Volkswagen PASSAT ESTATE 40
    8 Volkswagen TOURAN 39
    9 Volkswagen SCIROCCO 34
    10 Volkswagen CALIFORNIA COMFORT R 20

1 Ford FOCUS 1,237
    2 Ford FIESTA 909
    3 Ford MONDEO 482
    4 Ford C-MAX 145
    5 Ford KUGA 125
    6 Ford ECOSPORT 73
    7 Ford S-MAX 68
    8 Ford GALAXY 45
    9 Ford B-MAX 28
    10 Ford KA 12

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

colm_mcm wrote: »
    You're right actually! They're doing it on vans and pickups too

Dont see a mention of vans on the link?

Found it. Google is your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,181 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Seen a few Pulsar's on the road, and have to say I like the look of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They bring nothing new to the segment though. Nissan giving big discounts/scrapage allowances will not help resale values either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Ok guys. honest opinion.
    I'm really thinking about this.
    I've an 05 leaking oil, already after having work done on it last year.
    Should I go for this or maybe trade in and get another second hand car?
    prob a no brainer.

Renault are doing €4k off the megane at the moment too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Really want to go for the Note but my current car (05 Panda) has no NCT :(

Advertisement