Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BDO 2015 World Championship

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Yet you haven't been able to point out anything I've said where I was "talking out my hoop".

everything n anything:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

The standard of darts commentary across the board has gone down since the days of Green (before his health problems), Waddell, Gwynne and Lanning etc, but that's not a problem unique to the BDO.

Croft and Part are probably the best at the moment (and they cut their teeth on BBC) but I'd certainly take Vassos Alexander, Jim Proudfoot and John Rawlings over most of Sky's commentators.

Ted Hankey on BT is probably the best analyst currently around.

I'd take Proudfoot and Rawling... but not Vassos, unfortunately.

Despite this being his fifth year commentating on the BDO WC, he's still a rabbit in headlights. And, I'm afraid to say, he certainly proved that tonight. :o:o:o

I can't stress enough, meanwhile, that it's time for Greeny to retire... :o:o:o

Crofty and Part are definitely the best at the mo, though. Of course, $ky had to come calling... :mad: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Stunning darts match and the greatest win of Wolfie's career. The PDC fans can say what they want but Lakeside has always been and remains a magnificent tournament, and I agree with Ted Hankey that that was the best match ever on that stage, and I've been watching since 1989. It had everything.

It backs up what I said earlier about the standard at this year's Lakeside being the best for a number of years, after that I'd say it's the best I've seen and if the final is anything like that there will be no doubt of that.

Is this Olly Croft?

Excellent match tonight though, top class stuff from both players.

Durrant will be kicking himself he let it slip but Adams showed some bottle under pressure.

Think he will crush that annoying Mitchell in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Two canines in the final Scotty dog and Wolfie. It would be lovely to see Scott Mitchell do it but you'd wonder will he crack when the pressure hits. Wolfie has been there and done it and this is uncharted waters for Mitchell, apart from the first round against O'Shea he hasn't had a real close scrap this year.

Two canines in the final Scotty dog and Wolfie.

Presume Wolfie is lupine, not canine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Presume Wolfie is lupine, not canine!

He's a gray wolf crossed with a German Shepherd I believe so still classified as canine. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Colin Murray saying "Woolfie" could well be the most irritating sound known to man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

Devastator wrote: »
    everything n anything:D

Again though, you're not able to actually back up anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

Stunning darts match and the greatest win of Wolfie's career. The PDC fans can say what they want but Lakeside has always been and remains a magnificent tournament, and I agree with Ted Hankey that that was the best match ever on that stage, and I've been watching since 1989. It had everything.

It backs up what I said earlier about the standard at this year's Lakeside being the best for a number of years, after that I'd say it's the best I've seen and if the final is anything like that there will be no doubt of that.

are you secretly wofie?
    you have posted some dung in this thread:D

how would it be the greatest win of his career? he has only won a semi and im sure he would say any of his 3 final victorys were more important

great game, 1st of this years championships to really be proper standard that it should be if they want to continue calling it professional world championships, considering a full time farmer is in the final

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Aubrey loves Joe

Colin Murray could well be the most irritating sound known to man.
    He is an annoying cont

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭leoch

which one is the farmer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

leoch wrote: »
    which one is the farmer

Mitchell

Colin Murray saying "Woolfie" could well be the most irritating sound known to man.

haha the pure Belfast coming outta him in that :D

As tonights the final, if anyone is missing Colin for €0.49 a minute I will call you and only say "WOOOOOOOOOLFIE" down the phone.....heavy breathing can be arranged for a small additional charge :D

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Poor aul Ray Stubbs should be home in the bed with a hot water bottle and a gallon of lemsip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

youd think this final would be very 1 sided
    mitchell has had a very easy route compared to adams
    but you never know, love to see mitchell win

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭buster180

Had a good laugh at this :D

5wjrm0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

The Asset is a bit of a twit himself

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭buster180

The Asset is a bit of a twit himself

A BIT!!!! Anybody who takes wrestling seriously and keeps banging on about it in interviews as if its real should have a good look at themselves…

Scott looks nervous but Wolfie looks calm and relaxed, great walk on music for the wolf too.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

What's the deal with Scott's walk on music, Thunderbirds mixed with Who Let the Dogs Out :(

Hope he beats Wolfie, I can't stand the bloke.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

buster180 wrote: »
    A BIT!!!! Anybody who takes wrestling seriously and keeps banging on about it in interviews as if its real should have a good look at themselves…

You take that back! ;)

• Advertisement

I wasn't a fan of Adams, but I don't mind him now. I see his new woman there, jeepers he really has traded down getting rid of Sharon.

I wasn't a fan of Adams, but I don't mind him now. I see his new woman there, jeepers he really has traded down getting rid of Sharon.

I was wondering who she was!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭wilddarts

Adams throws 60 to start the leg. Tony Greene says "Martin now, well with the advantage".

wilddarts wrote: »
    Adams throws 60 to start the leg. Tony Greene says "Martin now, well with the advantage".

"And the audience.. they're not going away either..." :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭dvae

come on Mitchell

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

I was wondering who she was!

I'm still wondering. Which one???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

YES YES YES!!! after Adams won the 5th set! fecking hell!

Tony wouldn't be biased would he, YES YES YES he has won the 5th set has Martin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭Brian017

I think Tony Green is up for Adams somehow :P

• Advertisement

This final has been a damp squib compared to the PDC final thus far.

Advertisement