Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BDO 2015 World Championship

Options

Comments

yes, the difference between "Mr. BDO" and "Mr. PDC"

Great to see such a level of sportsmanship and genuine friendship and banter between two excellent players.

Crowd just might be slightly better in BDO darts but due to the professionalism it goes without saying that the PDC is a higher standard. Although i watch both tbh and thoroughly enjoy both

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Great to see such a level of sportsmanship and genuine friendship and banter between two excellent players.

Crowd just might be slightly better in BDO darts but due to the professionalism it goes without saying that the PDC is a higher standard. Although i watch both tbh and thoroughly enjoy both

The only thing I would disagree on is the crowd in PDC are so noisy and annoying but hey thats what brings the dosh to SKY.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭munster87

Better trophy too in BDO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

I grew up with lakeside the home of Darts just like the crucible is the home for snooker I would love to see the PDC players at lakeside again.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Delighted that Adams lost, the fact though that Scott Mitchell is their World Champion says a lot about the standard of the BDO.

I really enjoyed the tournament though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

I grew up with lakeside the home of Darts just like the crucible is the home for snooker I would love to see the PDC players at lakeside again.

And I'd love to see the Power with is dogey tash again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Really enjoyed that.
    Lakeside has that something special that sky will never have. Proper working mans darts.. i don't miss a crowd full of legless onesies roaring either..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Better than against Sunderland ??

em ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

delighted scott won it
    but also a bit of a joke that he can call himself world champion along with the likes of bristow / taylor / barny / lowe etc

would love to see the pdc championship played there
    something special about lake side even if the standard isnt what it used to be

The only thing I would disagree on is the crowd in PDC are so noisy and annoying but hey thats what brings the dosh to SKY.

Crowd are animals in the PDC. Personally i dont watch it for twats in batman suits, but for the likes of Phil Taylor, MVG, Barney, etc who are genuinely classy throwers

• Advertisement

sc86 wrote: »
    delighted scott won it
    but also a bit of a joke that he can call himself world champion along with the likes of bristow / taylor / barny / lowe etc

would love to see the pdc championship played there
    something special about lake side even if the standard isnt what it used to be

Is it a case of 'amateur world champion v professional world champion at the end of the day though? Its a shame there is two boards to be honest as it leaves that bit of ambiguity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

Is it a case of 'amateur world champion v professional world champion at the end of the day though? Its a shame there is two boards to be honest as it leaves that bit of ambiguity.

yes but its still called world proffesional darts championship

i saw barry hearn on twitter joking that

https://twitter.com/BarryHearn/status/551381662916153344

Hearn has undoubtedly made pdc darts what it is today, but to me he is arrogant obnoxious pr1ck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Hearn has undoubtedly made pdc darts what it is today, but to me he is arrogant obnoxious pr1ck.

He's the Louis Walsh of darts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

Lakeside is special. That was special. Delighted for Scotty. Wolfie a true gentleman in defeat. Everything that's good about the BDO and Lakeside was demonstrated in spades.

We've had some memorable shots this week, Ross Montgomery's bull finish, Jeff Smith's 160, Duzza's 124 last night, but Scotty's 158 was astonishing and the key moment in a match full of them. The drama was just unrelenting.

Magnificent stuff.

Lakeside is special. That was special. Delighted for Scotty. Wolfie a true gentleman in defeat. Everything that's good about the BDO and Lakeside was demonstrated in spades.

We've had some memorable shots this week, Ross Montgomery's bull finish, Jeff Smith's 160, Duzza's 124 last night, but Scotty's 158 was astonishing and the key moment in a match full of them. The drama was just unrelenting.

Magnificent stuff.

MMMMMMMM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

MMMMMMMM
    ...arvellous.

As Richie Benaud would say.

Calling that a joke could also be a bit of a misrepresentation.

Lame line might be more accurate!

gramar wrote: »
    He's the Louis Walsh of darts.

And Snooker, And Boxing, and Leyton Orient.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

The only players in the bdo who could realistically consistently get to the last 8 of pdc tournaments on a regular basis are adams and robbie green

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Nordicgael

And Snooker, And Boxing, and Leyton Orient.....

He sold leyton orient last year to an italian guy .... orient havent been the same since

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭tanko

Does anyone know how the averages of the four players in their finals compared this year?

tanko wrote: »
    Does anyone know how the averages of the four players in their finals compared this year?

BDO
    Scott Mitchell 92.61
    Martin Adams 92.55

PDC
    Gary Anderson 97.68
    Phil Taylor 100.69

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

BDO
    Scott Mitchell 92.61
    Martin Adams 92.55

PDC
    Gary Anderson 97.68
    Phil Taylor 100.69

Kinda points an end to any discussion that :D

Great final though, enjoyed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Magnificent stuff.

You might as well reveal who you really are now. My guess is Ollie Croft! :D

Seriously though, I thought it was a very enjoyable tournament. Not as good as the PDC but still watched anything I could and there was some top quality performances, particularly when most of these guys have day jobs too.

Devastator wrote: »
    Kinda points an end to any discussion that :D

Great final though, enjoyed that.

But who really wants a discussion with anyone who just bangs on about averages as if they were the beginning, middle and end of darts? It was tense and entertaining, and as you say a great final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

BDO
    Scott Mitchell 92.61
    Martin Adams 92.55

PDC
    Gary Anderson 97.68
    Phil Taylor 100.69

He must have really improved after the switch, because he wasn't anything special when he was in the BDO. I'm guessing he must have always had the talent but just needed more motivation.

Ya agreed it's either sh1t or bust in the PDC.
    Take Ted Hankey who has ability but doesn't work on it enough, who made the switch 3 years ago. He has done nowt and has since gone back to BDO.
    Now look at Stephen Bunting who like Hankey has ability but has worked hard. He now is with the elite in the Premier League and fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭N20

Magnificent stuff.

Agree with you in terms of Wolfies grace in defeat - Phil Taylor could learn a thing or two from him.

Entertaining Final

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Paul Guevara

Pug160 wrote: »
    He must have really improved after the switch, because he wasn't anything special when he was in the BDO. I'm guessing he must have always had the talent but just needed more motivation.

Anderson was a very special player in the BDO but never did it at the Lakeside (or on tv, brilliant on the floor).He beat Taylor in 2007 World Darts Trophy as a BDO player in a cracking match. At that time he was the best player in the world. I think he was at his peak back then, in my opinion.

Advertisement