Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prince Andrew in jep?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

It's a mad stretch to say he was feeling her ar5e. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

• Registered Users Posts: 32,292 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I don't disagree with what you are saying entirely, but the person you are talking about was called Jussie Smollett...the claim was investigated, he was arrested fined and jailed. It always looked incredibly dodgy.

Very different to the claims against Prince Andrew....plenty of "smoke" put it that way, and evidence hence why he had to get his mum among others to lend him 12 million.

He should disappear again from "public life" after this funeral hopefully to never be seen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,837 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

There is a time and a place for shouting abuse, a funeral is not one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

They probably should have left the alleged child rapist at home to be on the safe side

• Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭Be right back

Spoken like a lad who was told he was always right and could do what he wanted when he wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,358 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'd say it's a stretch to claim there was any kind of groping or anything untoward in his movement there. Yes, definitely poor arm/hand movement on his way down to be on his hunkers (though while his hand ran down, it's not like he actually grabbed or clenched his hand on her arse) , but the idea that he intentionally did it, given all the accusations against him, in public with hundreds of people watching, numerous cameras, to his daughter.... It's pretty absurd.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely believe all the other accusations against him and hope after this funeral he's never seen in public again which is only a fraction of what he deserves, but even I can't see him purposefully copping a feel of his daughter while publicly looking at flowers for his dead mother.

I recently watched a US documentary in which a man described how his parents sold him when he was a teenager to a rich auld fella because they were that poor. This was in impoverished West Virginia - one of the most deprived areas in America. He spent a few years living with that man, whom he described as his lover. He insisted that the man was like the father he never had, treated him superbly, brought him on many holidays around the world, and taught him a lot of life lessons. He was almost defensive describing the experience - getting angry at the suggestion that he was pimped out. "I ain't no whore" - stuff like that. He isn't interested in men but somehow he claimed to be ok with regular sex as a teen with a much much older man who is now serving a life sentence for serial child abuse. The guy being interviewed said it was just one homosexual experience he had (and this is unfair, as it conflates abuse of a minor with homosexuality - but the guy was clearly clinging to anything that helped convince him he wasn't abused).

The home he had come from was an abusive one too - incest was just part of life. So he didn't know anything else, god help him. He was a total nervous wreck when talking about it, and seemed utterly haunted. You'd weep for the boy he was, and your heart would hurt.

There are people like him, who (to use someone else's word) "benefit" from such a hideous arrangement - the riches, the lovely big, plush house. And the holidays abroad. And the fact it was so much nicer than the home he came from. This is *grooming*. It is manipulation. It is gas-lighting. Of an already vulnerable person with a distorted view of sex and intimacy. It's all part of the rich tapestry of abuse. He even convinced himself that he benefitted. But his body was used and abused for years by a predator. Sure, he got to leave his squalid family home... but at a huge price. Extremely upsetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,091 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Nice try but it doesn’t change my view. We’ll have to agree to disagree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,286 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Try to read the posts you respond to. It wasn't about whether whether they are believed it was about why it would be important to the victim to be believed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Nothing wrong with my comprehension of what you wrote and I stand by my reply.

A person claiming that they were abused should be listened to sympathetically, taken seriously and then have their claims thoroughly investigated.

• Randy Andy trying to make a case that the public still like him

Delusion at its grandest. Even the comment sections on the Daily Mail cannot abide him.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

He's always had delusions of grandeur, arrogance and especially the idea that as a prince, that he could literally do what he wanted.

The Queen was well liked by the British, Charles & Camilla much less so. If the family have any cop on they need to publicly phase him out. It's a wonder that he's not gone abroad but then maybe it's a case of keeping him where they can keep a close eye on him. Or maybe once the will starts getting doled out he'll be off. Good timing for him that his cut of the inheritance from a personal wealth of £350m comes after he settled for only 12m

I thought Charles might do the sensible thing and keep Andrew out of public site as much as possible....but it seems not.

Big misstep I would think.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I agree Gmisk. Every time he's wheeled out in the guise of a family event for both his father and now his mother's memorial events, it's a temperature check to see if the public are willing to let them ease him back into public life again. And they do it because they think that the occasion is too sombre for a crowd to shout at him - and many people think this. The lad I think, is to be commended for shouting out.

He can still be part of the family mourning for his mother, and he can I'm sure, discreetly slip in a side door of any church to be there, few would begrudge him that but the procession for the head of state is for the people to see. And there he is front and centre in the middle of his family and they are showing that they are standing by him.

That's not a good look for Charles's fledgling reign.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Just when you think you’ve heard it all. What an absolutely ridiculous stupid decision. They are truly without shame.

Oh if you saw the Indo's Facebook yesterday - article about Andrew looking after the Corgis, and the inevitable grooming jokes... well the amount of people (all women 🙄) rushing to his defence, and resorting to "he who is without the first stone" inanity. And one absolute weapon saying "how many of those sneering at him did the same, but just never got caught". Yeah, shur haven't nearly all of us paid a trafficking organiser for sex with minors. Deranged. Thanks, "sisters". 😡

I think many of them are brainwashed, indoctrinated English people, but the psychosis has crossed the Irish Sea and touched a small number.

Difficult to do otherwise, as Andy's eighth in llne but a few above him are not yet 21. Hopefully, he will disappear after this. But I don't think he has the cop on to do so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,286 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

he could have easily not included him. He was ok to do it with Anne that has no scandal attached to her and is probably the most competent of the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Andrew being wheeled out instead of the king will likely lead to uproar. It actually looks like Charles is trying to destroy the while thing. I wonder was it the queen's dying wish and Andrew will never actually be called on?

Virginia will be able to give interviews soon, that should be enough to have him hidden away again.

Absolutely mind-boggling that this was even considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,358 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It really is a bizarre decision. On one hand, it's unlikely he'll be able to have any effect as William will likely just be making any required decisions/appearances and I think Charles and William both want to keep Andrew out of the way. But considering the next 4 in the line of succession over the age of 21 are William, Harry, Andrew and Beatrice, and Harry is out of Royal Duty life for the most part, if both Charles & Camilla, and William & Kate are all out of the country, then it's Andrew as the most senior councillor of state.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Who of us hasn’t stayed best mates with a billionaire convicted child sex offender?

👀

Quite. Fair few Aunt Lydias and Serena Joys out there. Most of the unwarranted attacks on Meghan are by women too.

Yay for internalised misogyny.

Anne isn't eligible, she's not high up in the line of succession, she's now sixteenth in line

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭gipi

According to comments on Twitter, this is a legal/constitutional thing, Charles has no say in who gets named as Counsellor of State. Andrew was a Counsellor of State to the Queen as well. It would require an Act of Parliament to change.

Possibly, I see he hasn't been given permission to wear his big boy military regalia during funeral (Harry is same despite being the only royal that's let's be honest saw any real action).

Andrew was allowed to during vigil as a "special mark of respect" to the Queen...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,886 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Andrew was a Helicopter pilot in the Falklands / Malvinas conflict.

His flew the Sea King type, in its Rescue, Anti-ship and Exocet Missile decoy role.

He flew various Helicopter types for the next 12 years and became an air detachment commander and later commanding officer of a royal navy warship.

He became an instructor and a standards inspector in the fleet air arm and held staff officer roles at the Naval College and various Headquarters, right through the Gulf War. He retired after 22 hears continuous service.

So lets be clear, whatever vile behaviour he carried out later in life, as a Military officer, he saw more action, held a longer commission and achieved more seniority that was not honorary, than any Royal who served in the military in the previous two centuries, except Mountbatten, who was a fringe Royal at best in any case.

It must have been an interesting conversation this week.

Advertisement