Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ass pinching in nightclubs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Jesus, people are being trolled to within an inch of their lives here.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭JapaneseLove

Nope. A man who is twice the size of a woman (which is accurate enough as you say you're 6'7 and 18 stone) pinching her ass, is scummy.

Here's an idea - don't touch women inappropriately.

Like i said its only inappropriate if she dosent like it. Redden her arse.:):):mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Saipanne wrote: »

It's hard to tell the difference sometimes between trolls and people who are actually like this, considering there's enough people actually like this in real life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Use to work in a nightclub collecting glasses when I was around 15. You couldn't move in the place some nights. Talk about kid in a candy shop. Having to squeeze through a couple of girls who knows where a wandering hand would brush up against, all just to grab that one empty glass. It was tough work but someone had to do it. The funny thing was that even if a girl was annoyed, when they turned and seen this kid staring back all innocent they would just ended up breaking up laughing.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Wel to be honest if there ever is a boyfriend that can beat me up then i will shake his hand.

PS: im 6f 7in and weigh 18stone. Good look with that i say.
    Maybe he'll just glass you from behind then

• Advertisement

Shame on you all. The most obvious wind up ever, and you're all flapping around the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

It's happened to me a couple of times, from women. Not in a long time. But they're not doing it in a sexual way; I'm rather quiet and a bit reserved and they do it in a really mocking way. When I turn around, they start laughing with their friends like they're saying "as if". It's very demeaning in a different way to when men do it: in my experience, when men do it, they're treating you like a piece of meat, but when women do it they're treating you like a piece of shít.

+1

I definitely think its an age thing though rather than looks IMO, I look very different to when i was younger (so much so my ID is sometimes not believed) but from what I've been told and my interactions with people I definitely don't look worse.

What I never got about it myself is that the women who do it were never actually at all attractive themselves, I wonder if the same holds true for the men or is it a bit more mixed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

+1

I definitely think its an age thing though rather than looks IMO, I look very different to when i was younger (so much so my ID is sometimes not believed) but from what I've been told and my interactions with people I definitely don't look worse.

What I never got about it myself is that the women who do it were never actually at all attractive themselves, I wonder if the same holds true for the men or is it a bit more mixed

Their personalities make them ugly anyway so

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Their personalities make them ugly anyway so

I remember there was a thread on this before and that was the same answer, its true of course but not really what I mean simply talking about the physical attractiveness (obviously if somebody is a dick its going to make them unappealing but it doesn't really change how good looking they are)

I've had women pinch my arse in a "hey there" fashion. Alas, they are never hotties. In fact, I can remember one who was pretty much trying to molest me on the dance floor!

That said, there is definitely a double standard there. Women can pinch all they want, and its just a bit of fun. Strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

It's happened to me a couple of times, from women. Not in a long time. But they're not doing it in a sexual way; I'm rather quiet and a bit reserved and they do it in a really mocking way. When I turn around, they start laughing with their friends like they're saying "as if". It's very demeaning in a different way to when men do it: in my experience, when men do it, they're treating you like a piece of meat, but when women do it they're treating you like a piece of shít.

Ya, I had this myself when I worked in bars in the past. Horrendous double standard.

Ya, I had this myself when I worked in bars in the past. Horrendous double standard.

I suppose the difference is the perceived threat, like its definitely a double standard in terms of respectable behavior but as a guy I've never felt physically intimidated by a women* or been told all my life I have to watch out for "dangerous" women.

* I do know a few girls that would be stronger than me and I'm fairly certain many women that had done a bit of martial arts/boxing could probably kick the head of me but its about how you perceive it.

I suppose the difference is the perceived threat, like its definitely a double standard in terms of respectable behavior but as a guy I've never felt physically intimidated by a women* or been told all my life I have to watch out for "dangerous" women.

* I do know a few girls that would be stronger than me and I'm fairly certain many women that had done a bit of martial arts/boxing could probably kick the head of me but its about how you perceive it.

Girls who could beat up the average male, without seriously injuring themselves in the process, are in a very small minority. Women who are that strong, and go around with the intention of attacking males are an even smaller, in fact almost non existent minority. Thats why theres a double standard, 99% of women aren't a 'threat' to men.
    Whereas the vast majority of men could over power the average woman, and you have a lot more men around looking to attack women than the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

fryup wrote: »
    one of these days you're going to be confronted by an angry boyfriend
    Wel to be honest if there ever is a boyfriend that can beat me up then i will shake his hand.

in yours dreams

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

I know what you mean and I should've addressed that in my post, but, women can be just as dangerous as lads with a few pints. Closest I got to injury while bar tending is when a girl threw an empty pint glass at my head when I was turned around to the till. Barely saw it in the mirror and got out of the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

I don't think it's ok or just a bit of fun for anyone to pinch/grab a stranger's ass. What do people think of the below post? I don't think it's ok just because he was 15.
    Use to work in a nightclub collecting glasses when I was around 15. You couldn't move in the place some nights. Talk about kid in a candy shop. Having to squeeze through a couple of girls who knows where a wandering hand would brush up against, all just to grab that one empty glass. It was tough work but someone had to do it. The funny thing was that even if a girl was annoyed, when they turned and seen this kid staring back all innocent they would just ended up breaking up laughing.
    Of course it can be the case that men who aren't that attractive pinch women's bums and cat-call at them. I don't understand why this is of concern though? It doesn't matter how they look. Being good-looking doesn't make it "better" or give them more of a "licence" or whatever.

Saipanne wrote: »

No here is a person who knows what they r talkin about.

Jade182 wrote: »
    So you are 6f 7in and you think it's ok to grab women's backsides because you know their boyfriend's wont be able to fight you? I hope you're trolling right now because you sound like a frightening person to come across in real life.

Strange, u sound like alot of people i have met!! Have u been talkin to them???

I'm more talking about how threat is perceived, as you say say a woman can injure a guy pretty easily but as men/boys we don't have the idea built up that we have to be afraid of women.
    Of course it can be the case that men who aren't that attractive pinch women's bums and cat-call at them. I don't understand why this is of concern though? It doesn't matter how they look. Being good-looking doesn't make it "better" or give them more of a "licence" or whatever.

I'm not saying its any better but its just from my experience and anecdotally the woman that do it would not be physically attractive at all where as from what I see/hear the lads who get up to that craic are a much more mixed bag including sporty people and so on.
    Like its all basically a form of bullying but I'm wondering if its just me seeing that phenomenon or is it a real difference?

• Advertisement

I don't think it's ok or just a bit of fun for anyone to pinch/grab a stranger's ass. What do people think of the below post? I don't think it's ok just because he was 15.

Well no it shouldn't, but in reality it does. I think a woman would take a lot more kindly to it if a handsome guy did it rather than an ugly creep. And lads probably wouldn't care what she looked like either way.

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Well no it shouldn't, but in reality it does. I think a woman would take a lot more kindly to it if a handsome guy did it rather than an ugly creep. And lads probably wouldn't care what she looked like either way.
    What I meant though was the way RDM was saying he noticed women who pinch guys' asses don't tend to be good-looking, I was simply wondering what relevance that has to anything.
    Yes, women could be more receptive to a guy they fancy pinching their asses.
    Saying guys wouldn't care either way... seriously, come on. Of course they could be more receptive to a good-looking woman doing it.
    Bit of gender war-stirring and making up stuff to support a particular bias starting to creep in methinks. ;)

Bit of gender war-stirring and making up stuff to support a particular bias starting to creep in methinks. ;)

But its been ages since we've had a good long gender war thread :(
    What I meant though was the the way RDM was saying he noticed women who pinch guys' asses don't tend to be good-looking, I was simply wondering what relevance that has to anything.
    Yes, women could be more receptive to a guy they fancy pinching their asses.
    Saying guys wouldn't care either way... seriously, come on. Of course they could be more receptive to a good-looking woman doing it.

Its not particularly relevant but it might have something to do with the motivation behind it, to be honest as a method of pulling I'm sure it leaves a lot to be desired its possible to be cocky and confident without being an absolute ass to people

RDM, you're saying you've only noticed women who do it as being unattractive, and men who do it tend to be a mixture in the looks department - tbh that seems like confirmation bias on your part.
    I have seen good-looking women pinch and grab and cat-call men.
    I have seen non good-looking men doing the same towards women.

A gobshyte is a gobshyte is a gobshyte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Happened to me, didn't really give a sh1t tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

It's not a problem I've had to deal with, thankfully. What with being a body double for Joseph Merrick and all.

The glutes are the safest place to pinch and even stab. In turkish prisons it was common for inmates to stab each other in the ass as the punishment would be less severe as won'the realistically kill anyone.

:eek:

"Have you ever been to a turkish prison"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Oeb8nhNJOU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Not sure there's a law against fat lads getting beaten up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Redmen Rafalution

This happened to my wife last year. A guy 'mistakenly' rubbed his hand against her breast in a club. Within 5 minutes, he returned and grabbed her ass as he walked by. I punched him and broke his nose. Good enough for the dickhead imo, that was sexual assault in my eyes and he deserved what he got.

It will be interesting to see how many men reply to this saying that it was an overreaction, because in my experience since then, men react with more distaste to this anecdote than women.

• Advertisement

This happened to my wife last year. A guy 'mistakenly' rubbed his hand against her breast in a club. Within 5 minutes, he returned and grabbed her ass as he walked by. I punched him and broke his nose. Good enough for the dickhead imo, that was sexual assault in my eyes and he deserved what he got.

It will be interesting to see how many men reply to this saying that it was an overreaction, because in my experience since then, men react with more distaste to this anecdote than women.

It was an overreaction.

Advertisement