Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So. What is everyone doing new years eve?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,798 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Sydney Harbour bridge for me... Just heading down now!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

Taking a boat from the hostel i'm staying at to Tonsai beach in Thailand with a bunch of the other people staying here.

Should be alright except I woke up feeling sick as a dog so will be sober the whole night.

Maybe it's for the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Gonna stay in, do a bit of study, go to bed early probably about 11. Hate this forced celebration sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Gf is sick with a flu so can't inagine we'll get up to much!
    Bottle of wine and a dvd will be as exciting as it gets I reckon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭AnimalChin

5...4...3...2...Ah f*ck off!

New year's really isn't all that. I decided 4 or 5 years ago to just stay in and haven't looked back. Unless you're going to a house party - avoid new year's.

Overpriced booze, overpriced taxi's - if you manage to get one, pubs etc are absolutely rammed and takes forever to get served, the nauseating countdown and the hangover on New Year's Day.

It seems an awful lot to put with for what is essentially any other night out, but with a countdown to midnight.

I'll be happily sitting in, enjoying some nice food, a few movies and maybe a glass or two of wine. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

No one goes out on New years eve, the pubs are too packed.

If nobody goes out then how are the pubs packed? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭SteM

Will probably stay up until midnight and then do the usual 'I've been awake all year' joke and then go to bed.

I'll be stealing this joke and then going to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

Local ex-pat bar ,approx 3 km away .Live music and company.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,853 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

kfallon wrote: »
    If nobody goes out then how are the pubs packed? :confused:

That's the jo...never mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

4 hours to go and I'm playing video games. I've work in the morning so can't be arsed however even if I had no work I wouldn't be arsed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

Don't normally do anything New years, but her ma has been insistent that shes taking our 2 kids for the night so she can have all the grandkids for a party. So were going for a couple of pints locally then back to ours to sit in and watch t.v.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

Glass of wine, bath, PJ's on, bed at 11pm for a Prison Break marathon on Netflix.
    Might sneak in a bit of Crochet while I'm at it...might even go WILD and let the cats get into bed with me to see in the new year.

No wonder I'm single!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

As is customary for me every New Years. I shall eat the heart of my enemy and toast to my glorious victories in battle!

QAPLA!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

For the first time in my 5 legal drinking years Im going to a pub outside of the town so I can actually get to the bar and not gonna bother with the cattle mart of the nightclub where you have to que for 40 mins.

Sure will miss shifting all the young wans at midnight though. Youngest I will find in my bar tonight is a ripe 50 year old

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

I'm staying in, town will be mobbed.
    Ffs its not like its going to be different from the previous years :)

Although this is my first one in Ireland in 7 years. No fireworks !! Woohoo !

The dog got into such a state we had to put her in kennels in the countryside the past 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Reading boards thread on people taking the piss out of rtes new year ring in whilst listening to good music on jools hootenanny. A few bottles of budvar and nibbles.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Private party with good friends, some tunes will be played. should be a relaxed evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Dinner with friends at their house, will be relaxed, and casual, looking forward to it. Will probably watch the ringing in of the New Year on tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 CosmoCramer

Oh how I can't wait to watch pre-recorded RTE celebrations. They always seem to miss the new year talking to some z-lister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭roro1990

Was asked by a couple of friends I haven't seen in ages to head out. I just asked "what's the plan for tonight?" 5 minutes ago and was told "coppers". Think I'll stay local. Can't think of a worse way to ring in the new year than an overcrowded nightclub where it's nigh on impossible to get a drink or even move for that matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Minera

Working the night shift. .......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Nothing... I always find NYE in Ireland a massive letdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 2dizzylizzie

I was hoping to watch some NYE fireworks, but the ones in Dun Laoghaire aren't on again, which is a pity because they were great last year. Plus the new wetherspoons is open in DunL with a prime view of the pier!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Minera wrote: »
    Working the night shift. .......

Gonna be a long night, gonna be all right

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭UpCork

I feel miserable already because of New Year's Eve.

The thought of going out makes me feel ill.

I'll be at home with a glass of wine, watching telly. With any luck I'll be asleep by 12 and wake up tomorrow and the whole thing will be over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

I'm surprised at the amount of people staying in, I felt a bit boring that we are but I just couldn't be arsed going anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭DeJa VooDoo

Sitting in with the missus, a takeaway and a nice bottle of wine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

There are four episodes in a row of Game of Thrones on later. Gonna watch them, eat Indian takeaway, drink beers and kill off the rest of the Christmas ounce with my boyfriend, his brother, and maybe a couple of others. Probably start the night out all "New Year's Eve is shít, stupid countdown, blech, load of idiots going out to the PUB for it" and then end it by slurring my way through Auld Lang Syne and phoning people to shout at them that I love Game of Thrones them.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭AdFundum

.......and kill off the rest of the Christmas ounce with my boyfriend, his brother, and maybe a couple of others.

Good excercise but a bit awkward, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

AdFundum wrote: »
    Good excercise but a bit awkward, no?

He hee, the Christmas ounce, ours is almost gone too.

Advertisement