Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So. What is everyone doing new years eve?

Options

Comments

Party, but I'm 5 hours behind GMT at the moment so might have a snooze while most of my friends are celebrating.

I genuinely hate NYE though, and would prefer a quiet night in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Going to Galway on the beer then off the drink for 6 months so I'm going to make it a wild one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

I've gone out for New Years less than a handful of times and hated it- places are packed and I hate getting stood on. So this year I'm staying in with my two best friends, my dog, a few bottles of wine and a pizza. We're gonna be in our PJs by 8, and will play stupid board games and card games until the wee hours, before the 4 of us (dog included) squish into the one bed and merrily sing ourselves to sleep.

Feckin perfect start to 2015, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

NSAman wrote: »
    Probably the most depressing time of year. Never ever celebrate it! Will be in bed at 10 and wake at 6 for a walk.. thats it.

Perhaps that is why it's depressing?

I will be right there with you ChrisB as I am making 5 of these monsters in my stone BBQ Oven in the garden for the party. Will set them on a slow cook early tomorrow. Should be done just right by dinner.

Its so much Salt I think I could single handedly salt the road against ice and snow between kilcock and maynooth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Staying in. One of my mates is having a party and we have a sitter but I can't be arsed. Too much hassle. I hate New year's. I wouldn't be great company so I'm going to bed early with the Serial podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Ive arranged sex with a girl I know.

I'm going to try and pull a hotter girl in the preceding hours.

Classy classy man.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

appreciate time a little better for about 10 minutes :L

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Come back after 12h shift late on new years eve, get s shower, go to bed, then wake up at 5:00 on New years day for more work!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭NSAman

Perhaps that is why it's depressing?

Nope, lost my Dad my best friends and many other people at this time of year, just cannot wait for it to be over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

New year is the poor man's Christmas ... period.

Not something I would celebrate but it is a day off and a bank holiday so will treat it like any other weekend night or bank holiday: Will watch the last 2 episodes of Love/Hate 5 DVD and drink some wine with Nidge and Fran. Will not be watching any countdowns or going to the pubs. Crazy night out in the town.

New year is the poor man's Christmas ... period.

Just like "period" is Intellectually poor man's argument winner :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

Ive arranged sex with a girl I know.

I'm going to try and pull a hotter girl in the preceding hours.

Classy classy man.
    Saying "Classy classy man" doesn't mitigate it I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

New Years eve is just one of those nights everyone pretends to like but actually hates. Everywhere is overcrowded, drink and entry prices are hiked up, you more than likely will lose your friends and you'll probably be too ****-faced and annoyed to care about the countdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

Heading to a pub that's not too busy, with a group of friends - some of whom I don't see often as they have small kids. Really looking forward to it. I love new year's eve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Will probably stay up until midnight and then do the usual 'I've been awake all year' joke and then go to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭worded

It seems here are a lot of dry sh1tes on boards.

I hate New Year's Eve .... Etc

Everyone back to my place for fine wine and cheese !

Seems someone needs to show you all how to have a good time :-)

Great fun at a house party one year ..... when everyone counts down 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 and snogs

Count it down again and again as many times as possible.

Multiple fun

thought i had some fish :p

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

I have no friends so i will go to bed around 11 and try to sleep through it if possible. Same as every other year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

worded wrote: »

I hate New Year's Eve .... Etc

Seems someone needs to show you all how to have a good time :-)

Great fun at a house party one year ..... when everyone counts down 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 and snogs

Count it down again and again as many times as possible.

Multiple fun

Wow sounds like too much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

worded wrote: »

This may come as a shock to you, but you don't exactly sound like Danny Dyer in Human Traffic yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Nothing, its the worst night of the year to go out, i will just be at home watch a bit of telly, take the kids to see the fireworks around 10pm then home and i hope to be in bed by 12, ill go out at the wkend instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

Planning on pulling meself like a madman once the countdown starts and hopefully I'll be able to finish by the time they say happy new year. Never had people cheering and fireworks going off at the moment of climax, want to know how it feels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

I'm staying in. Will have an Indian Tesco's Finest and watch a movie. I will be either moderately drunk or high. Preferably the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

catallus wrote: »
    I'm going to have an Under Siege marathon and also flick over to the RTE New Year Show between the breaks.
    Under Siege 2 is a very underrated film.

Assumption is the mother of all **** ups!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Just got back from visiting family and friends in the States. I already have a very, very bad feeling that Lady Jet Lag is gonna be my plus one for the forseeable future. Come midnight tomorrow, I am really, really hoping that I am sound asleep in my leaba, but I ain't holding my breath ! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Probably sleeping. My youngest turns 2 on New Years Eve so it will be a mega busy day. Best New Years eve ever was the one where she was born. Off my face with morphine!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Will go to bed early. Have 5 miler race on New years day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Not doing anything at all for the night dinner at the in laws place tomorrow evening and that's that. Awful night to go anywhere

Advertisement