Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feckin weather!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭coillcam

Got lucky and only had the wind to deal with today. Some of the other lads out later got caught in a bad hail shower. The greens were covered in hailstones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Down here in the west, GI have taken the polar opposite view and have basically given a 'blanket extension ' on non qualifying golf until the end of April. Even randomly checking on the Golf Ireland app I've noticed that most of the courses here in Connacht still have their markers off except for the links courses and a few 9 hole clubs.

Looking out the window now and there is sleet falling now.

The country is fcuked.☔⛄💨

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭BlueSkyDreams

bizzare how different it can be. Bright sunshine in Dublin pretty much all day, with a light shower for 20 mins maybe 2 hours ago.

People out drinking & eating with sunglasses on in the city centre as i drove home about 10 mins ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

Teed off at 10 am today in lucan. Got 2 absolute haymakers, one circa 11am and one maybe an hour later. I mean lashing rain and hail as well as a 10dg temperature drop. Otherwise, a whipping wind notwithstanding, wasnt a bad day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Was nice in Kildare, bar the obvious wind and a few heavy showers. Loads of rain coming tonight and tomorrow though, and likely courses will be closed tomorrow and probably Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭S_D

another nice day out there for golfing. :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bobster453

Last 10 days of April and into May the farmers will be happy with the weather.

Might even see 18 holes open in most courses hopefully.

Another day, another day the course is closed 😑

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Sleet falling here in Boyle.😞😞😞

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭Glebee

Moved my clubs from the shed to the boot of the car over the weekend saying to myself I need top get off my arse and get back out onto the course. This weather is just the pits at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I'm looking to get out for my first round of the year and phoning a few clubs, answers were pretty much universal, wet conditions etc but still charging full Summer rate, I'll pass

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭JVince

Jet stream has finally moved a little north and this means far less rain for most of the country from now til autumn.

Northern counties will still experience wetter than normal conditions for a few days yet, but for the rest of us, it will now be much drier, but it will take a couple of weeks for courses to dry out properly and decent grass growth to refresh everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

This is the most beautiful post I've read in a long time. 🥲

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

And we're closed again 😑

• Registered Users Posts: 34 soverybored1878

This is actually killing me. It genuinely seems like the rain will never end and we'll all be resigned to muddy golf and plugged lies forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,529 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Im supposed to be out in Knightsbrook on Saturday

What you reckon will it even be open

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

We are open today after 2 days.

It was biblical here Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Knightsbrook, from what I remember, is a pretty soft course in normal times, so I'd say pretty slim chances

Dying to get out Saturday, Have proper day out planned around it, all i can do is pray

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Used to play it a few years ago fairly regularly in the winter because it was one of the driest as long as you weren’t super wayward

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Knightsbrook was constructed from scratch so holds up well to rain, they still have dry stone drainage "streams" across a couple of the holes which virtually never carry water and should be backfilled as look so artificial

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭blue note

Has the ground dried at all? Is it worth playing a parkland?

Knightsbrook was decent on Saturday as long as you where on the fairways , A bit windy on some holes but other than that it held up well ,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Drying fast at the moment I would say, Bray is bouncing back quick, but it's never the wettest, having some heathland characteristics and an always strong breeze.

Not sure how some of the wetter ones are faring. I imagine the water level is dropping rapidly as the temperatures increase (although it's pretty cold again today)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭zocklie

My course is normally pretty heavily affected by rain, played Sunday and was amazed how much it had come on in two weeks, very few spots you would call "wet" but still some soft spots. Few holes got some roll off the driver!!

Another 2 weeks of semi dry weather and I'd say we'll be back to normal

Curragh is doing well, given how much rain has fallen. Few soft spots off the fairways, but that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Played Grange Castle in Clondalkin on Saturday and was pleasantly surprised by how dry the fairways were. Greens were excellent too. Hadn't played it for around 7 years. Some good holes there, especially back 9.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,372 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I played there recently too. I really liked it, really wide fairways, very forgiving off the tee.

Advertisement