Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice please

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭marketty

davemc180 wrote: »
    look I can on here to make a point and seek advise on what I feel was bad form

piss has been taking and I know AH is all lols so..

im off thanks all

I'm glad we could help you gain a fresh perspective on things

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

**** off back to your chipper then ya sweat bag
    your a geebag obviously

This is why you being "polite" to security sounds like bull****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

if could send you a picture I would, he was arse down, sitting normal but one leg left calf across the chair

not flaked spread out

not feet on the table

not legs spread over the table

not foot on the chair

were were the only people in that part of mcds

Don't know how you were brought up, but that's not the normal sitting position for eating a meal - even in a fast food restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭petrolcan

I think I would have spat on both your meals and kicked you out without a refund.

There's nothing worse than a customer that thinks they're right when they are in the wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

ok I see I posted in the wrong place where the piss will just be taken, im sobering up now and im sure your taking a dig at my grammar.

I work in medical device production. but fact is fact no need for how I was treated
    this prick make the machines that keep your ill loved ones alive, id rather not have the piss taken out of me

That's funny, 2 months ago you were an electrician who worked in sales.
    I know times are tough but that means more competition for jobs, not less. It'd be a miracle for a 25 year old electrician with no degree or experience in the medical device industry and a previous driving ban to land a managers job in medical device production.

Might be time to lay off the drugs. You be trippin'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭marketty

I know times are tough but that means more competition for jobs, not less. It'd be a miracle for a 25 year old electrician with no degree or experience in the medical device industry and a previous driving ban to land a managers job in medical device production.

http://www.stjames.ie/Departments/WardsA-Z/B/BurnsUnit/

• Registered Users Posts: 42 simpson80

davemc180 wrote:
    his friend was very big, im 6"2 100kg he dwarfed me. very very imidating over my meal all over my mate having his calf on the chair

Well he shouldn't be bringing aninmals in. No wonder they had a problem!!! I'd say it looked strange alright

Haha he also posted how he went to halloween as a member of the KKK....yet now claims "Nigerian security" isn't the issue. His old posts are fascinating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Op. The securty guy probably gets a little scared and bored so has a mate with him, also telling him he might him a job. Then you actually treaten his job by asking for a manager. Nobodys to blame really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Field east

Very interesting thread and have read all. So what lessons can we learn from the issue.
    So my take. Individuals sound to be normal people out for the night , had a few drinks taken -so not very sober or very drunk-and called into a chipper on way home. Somebody deems an act/position to be inappropriate and requests that things be put right . An exception is taken to the request and the rest is history!!!
    We are all prone to get a bit sloppy at times no matter how 'mannerly' we think we are.
    My key observations/points :-
    (1)Given the situation as described by OP and me above I could imagine how an individual might sit on one chair and sling the knee area of one leg over the chair beside him with shoe dangling over edge of chair. How was the staff to know that the leg might end up on the chair later so policy is to head off this possibility at the outset.
    (2) if one is walking by two eating places , which one would you go into first . The one where all customers are sitting down correctly or the one where the general customer is slouched on their chairs with legs on seats, etc. ?. I'll leave that one with you.

(3) I expect all businesses to be very conscious of the public /corporate image presented by their shop fronts/'shop floor'

(4)that time of the morning is an extremely unnerving time and if security sees something that may lead to something unpleasant happening , the business may have a policy of ' nipping things in the bud'

(5) it's amazing how many people put their feet, complete with shoes most times, on the seat opposite them in trains whether the carriage is near empty or not. It's very bad manners at any time . If one has to do it then stick paper under them. Would you like to sit on that seat after it being 'showed' if the shoe had dog**** on its heal? My mother had a phrase 'manners make the the man'

(6) as a private citizen I think that it would be within my rights to request the ' shoe on the seat individual' if she/he could see her/his way to kindly remove the feet to the floor.

(7) I might only act on (5) above if I was backed up by a burly looking strongman beside me as I would have no way of knowing the reaction I might get. Some people have been killed for making normal requests re correct behaviour.

(8) if I was a security individual I would muster all resources available, first and foremost, - and if that includes a burly Nigerian who happens to stop by for a chat then all the better- before I would act. The' pen trick 'seemed to have been effective even though security may not have included it as part of his strategy. All security following this thread will now be buying pens by the box!

In summary,
    Individuals are trying to do their work properly otherwise they might lose their jobs. It is our opinion if they under or over react- but it's only an opinion. In principal, if somebody -especially staff- asks you to do something on their property/public place, one should normally respond positively but state ,if you want, that the aggressive approach ,etc,was not necessary. It might be prudent /strategic to apologise for the wrongdoing and as a result ye might have been allowed to finish your meal. Very few of us 'like being told ' but deep down we know that the 'teller' is quiet often right. We might have done the same thing but in a different way -as we are all different. So , I suggest you learn from it , move on and put your energy onto something else. If you want to 'do something about it' consider writing a letter to the manager, giving context , etc, apologise for causing a 'scene' and don't be surprised if he sends you a Mc D voucher or call in to see him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

'I'm a social drinker' not judging by that post you aren't :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

I have a concern that the OP, once sober, will cringe so much from this thread that it may cause a singularity and consume us all!

Or in Dublin terms; bleedin' scarleh for yer ma.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

my argument is the fake security guard who when confronted said nothing, and the real security guard did not dispute

and the fact the guy left before the manager came and when I asked the manger he threw my cash back no complaints???

and said he did not see this bloke??

That probably was the Ronald McDonald statue :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Gas thread , and then the OP gets wiped out in the last few posts, lol

realies wrote: »
    Gas thread , and then the OP gets wiped out in the last few posts, lol

While he has been flamboyant with his "colourful" past employment and life skills I actually believe this incident is genuine. He did get lairy he did shoot his mouth off and he did get thrown out.

Advertisement