Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice please

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

davemc180 wrote: »
    keyboard warrior

instead of thinking oh he could be right, eeeeeeh no il argue the **** out of things

Why would I think you're right?

You refused to do as a security guard asked, and want to sue because you were turfed out as a result. How could you possibly be in the right?

I'm not a keyboard warrior. I just spent long enough working in a Supermac's at night time that i completely understand what kind of customer you were.

ya have done nothing but argue with me

I'm not arguing. I'm disagreeing with you. I'm sorry you can't handle that.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭davemc180

Why would I think you're right?

You refused to do as a security guard asked, and want to sue because you were turfed out as a result. How could you possibly be in the right?

I'm not a keyboard warrior. I just spent long enough working in a Supermac's at night time that i completely understand what kind of customer you were.

but if I was in the wrong in super macs?? would you refund me?

I'm not arguing. I'm disagreeing with you. I'm sorry you can't handle that.

sorry for the bad language

but if I was in the wrong in super macs?? would you refund me?

Yep. It's ALWAYS easier to refund a difficult customer, in order to get rid of them.

Did it fairly frequently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

How much compo to get you over the stress, cos that would fix it, yeah?

Yep. It's ALWAYS easier to refund a difficult customer, in order to get rid of them.

still work there?

look I done no wrong

still work there?

look I done no wrong

Christ no, I have a half decent job now.

and just now ya said that????

so if security wanted someone out who was loud which I was not? you would refund people WHO security wanted out???????

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

**** off back to your chipper then ya sweat bag
    Go to bed before you get banned, if it's not already too late.

• Advertisement

so if security wanted someone out who was loud which I was not? you would refund people WHO security wanted out???????

Yes, because it's up to the security guards to decide who leaves, they're the ones on the floor, watching things.

You might not have been loud, but like I said, you refused to comply with what you were asked to do, and had an argument instead.

osarusan wrote: »
    Go to bed before you get banned, if it's not already too late.

im sorry for my language but when your done over and a guy who says he worked in a fast food place says I was wrong he worked in a similar fast food place, even tho if he read the original post hed see the MANAGER refunded me. then his posts make no sense thats what annoyed me

sorry again for my language

Yes, because it's up to the security guards to decide who leaves, they're the ones on the floor, watching things.

You might not have been loud, but like I said, you refused to comply with what you were asked to do, and had an argument instead.

but when I asked who his friend was and asked for the manager his mate legged it, he backed off to the far door, manager refunded me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

Listen, you've obviously never worked in a customer facing role with the general public. So I have some sympathy for you. Maybe you don't understand what it's like.

When you work in a shop or a takeaway, it's always just easier to refund the customer than have them escalate the situation into a fight or verbal abuse of your staff.

You wouldn't believe some of the stuff that people working in these kinds of jobs have to put up with. You mentioned you work in mater, I'm sure if you wandered down to the A&E and had a word with one of the nurses, they could tell you a story or two.

People with drink in them lose some of their normal sense of decency. Unfortunately, some people are paid minimum wage to deal with that.
    If you think that you didn't do anything wrong then that's okay. But from what you have described, my sympathies lie with the manager of McDonalds. Your friend's feet were not on the floor where they should have been according to societal norms of mannerly behaviour in public restaurants and then you challenged (asked) the security guard when he tried to enforce these norms.

im sorry for my language but when your done over and a guy who says he worked in a fast food place says I was wrong he worked in a similar fast food place, even tho if he read the original post hed see the MANAGER refunded me. then his posts make no sense thats what annoyed me

sorry again for my language

Firstly, I'm not a guy.

Secondly, my posts make perfect sense. Of course it was the manager who refunded you. The security guards hardly work on the tills.

The security asked you to leave, the manager refunded you. Simple concept for me to grasp, it's standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

What toy did you get with your happy meal?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

keyboard warrior

instead of thinking oh he could be right, eeeeeeh no il argue the **** out of things

Shame you couldn't have taken that approach with security eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Not loving it. :(

Firstly, I'm not a guy.

Secondly, my posts make perfect sense. Of course it was the manager who refunded you. The security guards hardly work on the tills.

The security asked you to leave, the manager refunded you. Simple concept for me to grasp, it's standard.

sorry

but why if I was been asked to leave for like you said been disrespectful youd deal with my kind all the time with refunds then the security would not launch me. he backed off because he knew he was red hot. manager knows also

its called consumer rights

sorry

but why if I was been asked to leave for like you said been disrespectful youd deal with my kind all the time with refunds then the security would not launch me. he backed off because he knew he was red hot. manager knows also

its called consumer rights

You don't actually know anything about consumer rights, do you? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭d.pop

I think you should immediately retain legal counsel.
    Based on the information provided you would appear to have a water tight case and McD's should be be taken to task on this.
    This could be a landmark case if handled correctly and I can see this being tried in the highest court in the land possibly even refered on to EU courts if the Irish judicial system needs assistance.
    Would the company you work for be able to help at all with legal advice? Maybe speak to senior management at work as well?
    Good luck with it all, will be watching for updates on AH and in the legal journals.
    About time somebody made a stand..

You don't actually know anything about consumer rights, do you? :pac:

try me??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Keep your feet down off seats, where ever you are. Somebody else has to use them after you and its disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭marketty

yes I am a manager of 14 staff for medical device company but how that is sarcastic or funny you got me mate

'I told the manager I'm a manager too but he said I don't care'

You tried to identify with the manager of the restaurant as if you had something in common with him as a fellow manager, how many drunken arseholes have you to deal with at 4am in a medical device factory?

try me??

Where, in your consumer rights legislation does it say you cannot be asked to leave a private property?

Where does it say you're entitled to stick your legs on seats?

Where does it say that you have the right to a refund?

d.pop wrote: »
    I think you should immediately retain legal counsel.
    Based on the information provided you would appear to have a water tight case and McD's should be be taken to task on this.
    This could be a landmark case if handled correctly and I can see this being tried in the highest court in the land possibly even refered on to EU courts if the Irish judicial system needs assistance.
    Would the company you work for be able to help at all with legal advice? Maybe speak to senior management at work as well?
    Good luck with it all, will be watching for updates on AH and in the legal journals.
    About time somebody made a stand..

Oh god. I nearly wet myself :pac:

look I can on here to make a point and seek advise on what I feel was bad form

piss has been taking and I know AH is all lols so..

im off thanks all

You saud 'try me,' I try you and you run away. :( my feelings are hurt :(

ebbsy wrote: »
    Keep your feet down off seats, where ever you are. Somebody else has to use them after you and its disgusting.

feet were not on the seats like posted if you can read:cool:

• Advertisement

You saud 'try me,' I try you and you run away. :( my feelings are hurt :(

sorry again for my bad language I just got worked up I am sorry.

Advertisement