Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice please

Options
  • 29-12-2014 6:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

heres a copy of an email I just sent to mcdonalds

hi my name is david

I was in mcdonalds on oconnell street tonight at 4.20am, my friend had his legs stretched across the seats but his feet were not on the chair and to make a point the restaurant was empty. the security guard came over and told him to take his feet down. when I asked why his feet are not on the chair I can understand if it was rush hour at 4pm he had a felt tip pen in his hand and pointed it in my direction. he had a very large man standing beside him and when me and my friend asked was he also security they stayed silent. this was very imtimedating. I then asked for the manager. while waiting for the manager the security guard start shouting and proceeded to spit on my food while talking. the manager came and the securitys large friend left. when I asked the manager who he was as I was intimidated he said he didn't know what I was talking about. I told the manager im also a manager and he said I don't care. he refunded me for the meal but when I asked again he said I don't care if your a manager the gardai are on the way. this has caused me and my friend a lot of distress and if you check cctv you will see this burley man I am talking about. I am going to seek legal advice over this as I feel as if I was backed into a corner by a man who was not staff but your security and manager of all people denied knowing. I left before gardai arrived as I know it would be the staff vs the drunk guy. check cctv you will see the situation.

I could not even finish my meal and was told to leave
    family restaurant????

I am seriously thinking about seeking legal advice

what would yous do??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭sblythe

Em,

Why couldn't your friend just take his feet down?
    If your friend isn't prepared to obey the rules of their establishment then he shouldn't be there. Regardless of what time it was or how many people were there, if they want him to take his feet down, he has to take his feet down.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭davemc180

sblythe wrote: »
    Em,

Why could your friend just take his feet down?
    If your friend isn't prepared to obey the rules of their establishment then he shouldn't be there. Regardless of what time it was or how many people were there, if they want him to take his feet down, he has to take his feet down.

thanks for that reply super

as I said his feet were not on the chair he was sitting across the seat eating his meal, he was taking up 2 spaces but he did not has his feet on the seat, infact his calf was hanging of the edge of the seat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Just go to bed and delete your post when you get up.

thanks lads as good as that manager clearly

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I think I speak for everyone on boards here...where are you a manager at?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

What would your legal arguement be exactly? Put it down to a bad restaurant experience and move on. Forget it ever happened.

mfceiling wrote: »
    I think I speak for everyone on boards here...where are you a manager at?

ok I see I posted in the wrong place where the piss will just be taken, im sobering up now and im sure your taking a dig at my grammar.

I work in medical device production. but fact is fact no need for how I was treated

crazygeryy wrote: »
    What would your legal arguement be exactly? Put it down to a bad restaurant experience and move on. Forget it ever happened.

my argument is the fake security guard who when confronted said nothing, and the real security guard did not dispute

and the fact the guy left before the manager came and when I asked the manger he threw my cash back no complaints???

and said he did not see this bloke??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

You'll probably see things a little differently once you sober up.

im not locked I was sobering up when trying to eat my mcdonalds im not a drinker I had a few social pints.

im only asking for honest opinions not smart comments please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,481 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

OP clearly, as with most security, (jumped up civilians with uniforms) they over stepped the mark. Fact is a lot of them are deluded cocks regardless of where they work whether bars or restaurants.

I'd say what happened to you happens every night all over Dublin.

My advice - ignore them and move on. They are stuck in sh!t jobs so let them be.

OP clearly, as with most security, (jumped up civilians with uniforms) they over stepped the mark. Fact is a lot of them are deluded cocks regardless of where they work whether bars or restaurants.

I'd say what happened to you happens every night all over Dublin.

My advice - ignore them and move on. They are stuck in sh!t jobs so let them be.

thanks for the 1st serious reply. I understand that but what im concerned about is the security gaurds friend who legged it when I asked for the manager? that's why I sent the email yano? it seemed very dodgey and the fact the bloke was huge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

davemc180 wrote: »

im only asking for honest opinions not smart comments please

Your definitely pissed if you came to AH for honest opinions and no smart comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,727 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Re the legal advice.

I don't think you'll have a chair to stand on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

So the "fake security guard" said nothing yet you are thinking of seeking legal advice?

It sounds like you were arguing for the sake of it.

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Your definitely pissed if you came to AH for honest opinions and no smart comments.

ha I can have the banter but I know ah but just trying to weed out the honest replies:cool:

just wasn right man

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

how drunk were you

how drunk was your friend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Advice?

Fast food is over-processed rubbish. You shouldn't eat it more often than very occasionally.

You can lounge across seats when you are at home, when you are in a restaurant, even a McDs, you should show dome manners and put your feet where they belong - on the floor.

As for the rest - forget about it. Don't go near a solicitor, it will cost you and you will lose. You weren't falsely imprisoned or detained - you chose to wait for the manager. If you were intimidated by people in the vicinity that's not McDs fault.

ElleEm wrote: »
    So the "fake security guard" said nothing yet you are thinking of seeking legal advice?

It sounds like you were arguing for the sake of it.

he stood beside the security guard staring over us while the security guard was mouthing off pointing a felt tip at us

his friend was very big, im 6"2 100kg he dwarfed me. very very imidating over my meal all over my mate having his calf on the chair

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Security throws weight around. Drunkards dont obey.
    Scandal ensues
    Ring Joe Duffy.
    Sort ya out.

• Advertisement

braddun wrote: »
    how drunk were you

how drunk was your friend

got to town at 12, had 6 pints max, went for food headed home. no shots or mad nights I would not post the situation otherwise

he stood beside the security guard staring over us while the security guard was mouthing off pointing a felt tip at us

his friend was very big, im 6"2 100kg he dwarfed me. very very imidating over my meal all over my mate having his calf on the chair

So somebody stared at you in a fast food restaurant in Dublin late at night!!

Did he have uniform on or say anything to suggest he was a security guard or working on behalf of McD's?

Did you ask him or his buddy if he was a guard or ask either of them to step back?

Jawgap wrote: »
    Advice?

Fast food is over-processed rubbish. You shouldn't eat it more often than very occasionally.

You can lounge across seats when you are at home, when you are in a restaurant, even a McDs, you should show dome manners and put your feet where they belong - on the floor.

As for the rest - forget about it. Don't go near a solicitor, it will cost you and you will lose. You weren't falsely imprisoned or detained - you chose to wait for the manager. If you were intimidated by people in the vicinity that's not McDs fault.

but the person who imtimidated my was viewed as staff??? when asked was he staff he said nothing, but either did the actual security so im not mystic meg?? he looked like staff, acted like staff, but legged it when the manager came? but the mcds staff denied any knowledge is my point???

So somebody stared at you in a fast food restaurant in Dublin late at night!!

Did he have uniform on or say anything to suggest he was a security guard or working on behalf of McD's?

Did you ask him or his buddy if he was a guard or ask either of them to step back?

the mcd security was standing over me, this bloke was on his shoulder backing him up they were mates, this is my point

but the person who imtimidated my was viewed as staff??? when asked was he staff he said nothing, but either did the actual security so im not mystic meg?? he looked like staff, acted like staff, but legged it when the manager came? but the mcds staff denied any knowledge is my point???

Legged it as in ran or just walked away when the manager arrived?

Just because you thing it was something, doesn't make it so.

Your best bet is yo forget about it. Nothing happened on which you can base any kind of action. Plus you got half a meal for free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

A felt tip pen? They are the most dangerous kind of pen! Get onto the Gardaí immediately!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Your best bet is yo forget about it. Nothing happened on which you can base any kind of action. Plus you got half a meal for free!
    No dont forget this thread was a funny way to wake up ha.
    "Big Scary Guy Looks at me, want to sue/get legal advice"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

So a guy who's bigger than you stood behind a security guard rying to get your friend to respect the space and you want to get legal advice? For what? For a big guy standing beside a security man asking your friend not to be a dick? Sweet Jesus. Your friend was being disrecpectful. You were drunk. You (plural!) were asked not to be such a dick. You kicked up a racket, because a big guy stood near you. There was a felt tip. I missing something here? Feel so sorry for security guard and manager to have to put up with absolute shyte like that. They deserve a medal for what they have to deal with night in, night out.

when I asked for the manager the security walked off and stood in the corner silent, his mate left at the same time out the front door gone, its funny when I talk on here bout things it puts it in perspective, 2 Nigerians ruin me night, same reply I get of the manager.. your drunk go home, ha

• Advertisement

ElleEm wrote: »
    A felt tip pen? They are the most dangerous kind of pen! Get onto the Gardaí immediately!

Especially in the vicinity of drunk people - how times must fake moustaches be drawn on sleeping drunk people before these writing instruments are banned????!!!!

Advertisement