Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭davemc180

ok boards I get it, don't seek advice, **** it fight it out, I should have thrown chairs and hooked the manager

oooooohh you were in his space, empty poxy mcdonalds the lads were in our faces for no reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

davemc180 wrote: »
    when I asked for the manager the security walked off and stood in the corner silent, his mate left at the same time out the front door gone, its funny when I talk on here bout things it puts it in perspective, 2 Nigerians ruin me night, same reply I get of the manager.. your drunk go home, ha

How do know they were Nigerian:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Is it possible they were pi55ed with you guys because

A. You asked for chips with your burger

Or

B. You asked why they don't do Snack Boxes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Don't you think it's stressful enough for these people to have to work in McDonald's on O'Connell St at 4AM without making extra hassle for them? If you go into a restaurant, no matter which one, you don't put your feet over the seats like that. As for emailing the manager then posting about it here, you're just acting like a petulant entitled prick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

ok boards I get it, don't seek advice, **** it fight it out, I should have thrown chairs and hooked the manager

oooooohh you were in his space, empty poxy mcdonalds the lads were in our faces for no reason

No, you both you should've bought your meal, sat down and eaten it without showing disrespect for the restaurant.

You want to lounge while you eat, get a takeaway and eat it at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Or rather than fighting and being a drunken tit actually get your friend to do as he was told?

Judging by that tempermental swing I'm not suprised you were asked to leave.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

No you should have taken your feet down, eaten your meal in a civilised manner then fcuked off home like any decent/normal person.
    Enjoy your hangover!

I heard felt tip pens give you massive pains in the feelings...

sabat wrote: »
    Don't you think it's stressful enough for these people to have to work in McDonald's on O'Connell St at 4AM without making extra hassle for them? If you go into a restaurant, no matter which one, you don't put your feet over the seats like that. As for emailing the manager then posting about it here, you're just acting like a petulant entitled prick.[/QUOTE

I made no hassle, and im nay prick cheers for that.

I done no harm, my mate did no harm.. were not 2 scumbags sitting there in trackies..

this prick make the machines that keep your ill loved ones alive, id rather not have the piss taken out of me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

sabat wrote: »
    Don't you think it's stressful enough for these people to have to work in McDonald's on O'Connell St at 4AM without making extra hassle for them? If you go into a restaurant, no matter which one, you don't put your feet over the seats like that. As for emailing the manager then posting about it here, you're just acting like a petulant entitled prick.

I made no hassle, and im nay prick cheers for that.

You occupied 2 security guards (including a "scary" one).
    demanded a manager to defends your mates right to lounge about with no respect for establishment.
    I'd say you stood out more than most customers hassle wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I done no harm, my mate did no harm.. were not 2 scumbags sitting there in trackies..

It doesn't matter what you were wearing or where you work or whether you are a manager or not. Your friend refused to follow direction from someone employed to enforce the rules.

You must be tired. Go to bed.

ElleEm wrote: »
    It doesn't matter what you were wearing ir where you work or whether you are a manager or not. Your friend refused to follow direction from someone employed to enforce the rules.

You must be tired. Go to bed.

if could send you a picture I would, he was arse down, sitting normal but one leg left calf across the chair

not flaked spread out

not feet on the table

not legs spread over the table

not foot on the chair

were were the only people in that part of mcds

• Registered Users Posts: 4,311 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

2 Nigerians ruin me night, same reply I get of the manager..

And there we have the op's real issue...

And there we have the op's real issue...

nope that's not it, I am far from racist I work with the mater hospital and have a lot of non irish friends I can asure you

point I was making was I was not trying to intimidate a poor security guard and I felt these guys had a different social tolerance to me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

You should storm in there this morning and tell them you are goi g to sue the lot of them and that you did not give your consent to have a felt tip pen waved in your face ( see the Freeman megamerge thread for good legal advice on this )

Or you could just admit that you are trolling and this never happened.

Having a dig at Nigerians and lads in tracksuits. And thinking you are better than them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

You ever worked in customer service, op?

Your friend was being disrespectful of the space. Maybe in his eyes it was 'only' a 'poxy McDonalds'. That speaks volumes about how you view the world. It doesn't matter whether you are in McDonalds or Chapter One, you are out in public and should sit with your feet on the ground. It's basic manners.

As someone who has worked in a takeaway before, drunk people are the worst kind of customers. I like a drink, I've been drunk countless times in my life but having to stand there sober and deal with a person who is acting unreasonably when you are just trying to do your job, you start to view that person as a c$$$.

You can look down your nose at McDonalds and their staff all you want but you aren't going to get any support here because in general, most people were taught dining etiquette by their parents at a young age.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭marketty

Probably not but he is a manager in a medical device factory so that's the same...somehow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Any reason why you and your friend didn't do as you were asked?

The security guard made a reasonable request and you started a row, now want to sue?

Grow up.

Your friend was being disrespectful of the space. Maybe in his eyes it was 'only' a 'poxy McDonalds'. That speaks volumes about how you view the world. It doesn't matter whether you are in McDonalds or Chapter One, you are out in public and should sit with your feet on the ground. It's basic manners.

As someone who has worked in a takeaway before, drunk people are the worst kind of customers. I like a drink, I've been drunk countless times in my life but having to stand there sober and deal with a person who is acting unreasonably when you are just trying to do your job, you start to view that person as a c$$$.

You can look down your nose at McDonalds and their staff all you want but you aren't going to get any support here because in general, most people were taught dining etiquette by their parents at a young age.

I see your point and I do agree. but like iv already posted and explained we were just sitting there.

we were not been c$$$s and we did not do anything to provoke this confrontation. we were very polite to staff, and like I said if I could post a pic I would

my friend did not have his feet on the furniture nor did we mouth off in a way to provoke staff before we were intimidated

I understand what you are saying

• Advertisement

Any reason why you and your friend didn't do as you were asked?

The security guard made a reasonable request and you started a row, now want to sue?

Grow up.

when we were confronted we had words, then agreed it was not worth getting kicked out over as I was hungry

but the security did not leave til I asked for the manager and when I did he turned sour and his friend legged it

I see your point and I do agree. but like iv already posted and explained we were just sitting there.

we were not been c$$$s and we did not do anything to provoke this confrontation. we were very polite to staff, and like I said if I could post a pic I would

my friend did not have his feet on the furniture nor did we mouth off in a way to provoke staff before we were intimidated

I understand what you are saying

Except, by refusing to do as you were asked, ye WERE being cnuts, ye WERE provoking the security guards and ye were NOT polite.

Your mate could have just said 'oh sorry mate' and sat like a normal adult.

marketty wrote: »
    Probably not but he is a manager in a medical device factory so that's the same...somehow

yes I am a manager of 14 staff for medical device company but how that is sarcastic or funny you got me mate

Except, by refusing to do as you were asked, ye WERE being cnuts, ye WERE provoking the security guards and ye were NOT polite.

your a geebag obviously

Mod: Take a few days off to cool down.

**** off back to your chipper then ya sweat bag

I think you've just proven my point. Well done.

keyboard warrior

instead of thinking oh he could be right, eeeeeeh no il argue the **** out of things

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

your a geebag obviously

Jesus. If you had the same attitude in McDonald's as you 're showing here you are lucky you did not get a dig last night.

Or even worse a felt tip pen used in anger against you.

I think you've just proven my point. Well done.

ya have done nothing but argue with me

• Advertisement

Tzardine wrote: »
    Jesus. If you had the same attitude in McDonald's as you 're showing here you are lucky you did not get a dig last night.

Or even worse a felt tip pen used in anger against you.

sense of humor I can get, argue every point I cant

Advertisement