Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Managed to sideload peel smart remote

No idea why it isn't available for the s6 on Google play

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Got my S6 yesterday, loving it so far.

Has anyone bothered to get a charging pad for one yet?

I should probably consider a cover for it also...

byte wrote: »
    Got my S6 yesterday, loving it so far.

Has anyone bothered to get a charging pad for one yet?

I should probably consider a cover for it also...

I have a pad for my moto 360 it's handy to have for your desk or beside the bed

• Registered Users Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I got the charging pad free with the phone.
    It's very handy. Instead of popping the phone on the coffee table while I'm busy not on the phone I pop it on the pad.

For super fast charging I use the Samsung charger that came in the box.

loving the phone.

There is an interesting way to share photos, videos, songs etc. You can now share to contacts.

Buy a cheap one from amazon if you need one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

My better half bought one yesterday so I've been playing with it a lot.

Battery life seems good. My main impression has been the super fast speed of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Anyone finding scrolling not smooth? Particularly on boards...?

Also RAM usage is highish (85%)?

Edit: This is just in chrome...in built browser is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭MonsterMob

Anyone able to turn off the haptic feedback when you type?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

Hey folks, what's the best deal I can get for this phone at the moment, including 4g? Am I right in thinking vodafone have the cheapest bill-pay option?

I can't say I know all the prices but I thought three was a lot cheaper than Vodafone. Three have the best 4G so far (personally I'm not pushed on 4G )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Colibri wrote: »
    Hey folks, what's the best deal I can get for this phone at the moment, including 4g? Am I right in thinking vodafone have the cheapest bill-pay option?

Afaik Vodafone is the dearest. Some people have said they got a good deal with eMobile. I'm with three myself. S6 flat €279 €40.66 for 24 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭midger

Testament1 wrote:
    Its a grand phone and all but I don't think it's the big game changer folks make it out to be. If I was to pick any Samsung phone right now it'd probably be the Note 4. Though to be honest I'm looking to upgrade from my M7 and none of the current crop of smartphones are really all that appealing to me. I'll wait to see the G4 and Xperia Z4 before making any decision.

Anymore news/info out there as to when is the release date for the Xperia Z4?...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

midger wrote: »
    Anymore news/info out there as to when is the release date for the Xperia Z4?...

Only rumours/speculation at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Do Samsung allow emojis after contact names? Had this on my HTC One but it's disappeared now...

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭ADO

Hey folks.

Jumped from iphone5 to samsung s6 goday and i have to say i love it so far, i was nervous about thr switch but im happy i made the choice. Just a quick question tho, I was told I'd have Spotify with my current plan, I signed up to Spotify and it keeps asking me to upgrade to premium. Can anyone help me as this is all double Dutch to me for the mean time

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭HoldStady

Hi

Are people finding the 32gb is enough space. Do you get full 32gb storage?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭HoldStady

Hi

Are people finding the 32gb is enough space. Do you get full 32gb storage?
    Also is there a slot for normal chargers or is it all wireless.

You're get a slot for the usual charger and you also get the usual charger. It charges very fast this way.

I go the wireless charger free because I preordered. Much as I love it I'm sure most can live without the wireless charging.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

ADO wrote: »
    Hey folks.

Jumped from iphone5 to samsung s6 goday and i have to say i love it so far, i was nervous about thr switch but im happy i made the choice. Just a quick question tho, I was told I'd have Spotify with my current plan, I signed up to Spotify and it keeps asking me to upgrade to premium. Can anyone help me as this is all double Dutch to me for the mean time

I also opted for the RED Essentials with the added Spotify Premium. I bought my phone on Saturday but could only avail of my Spotify addon today. Seems to take time before you can authorise it.

Also, you need to log into Vodafone website, then go to Add-ons and click, IIRC, manage add-ons, where you'll be brought to a 2-step process where you enter your mobile number, then enter a code sent to your phone via SMS. After that, you're to choose between Spotify Premium and Sky Sports Mobile, and with Spotify, I had to allow Vodafone to access Spotify or some such, and now it works! :)

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

How is the touchwiz experience. Is there much lag say compared with the S5 or even the Note 4 ?

Also, the thread on people getting edges with scratches on the screen has blown up. Seems you can only see the scratches under very bright light.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s6-edge/general/bad-experience-s6-edge-t3070278

One theory is the oled is made from a bendable plastic substrate and when they wrap the gorilla glass around it, it scuffs everything up. Another theory is over zealous polishing in the factory.

Anyone with the edge given there's a thorough check ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭ADO

Any good websites for getting decent cases? Have to get a good case and also a screen protecter and a spare charger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Dwalsh58

Afaik Vodafone is the dearest. Some people have said they got a good deal with eMobile. I'm with three myself. S6 flat €279 €40.66 for 24 months.

That's €1254, way too much, got myself a 64gb OnePlus One Unlocked for €320 +€20 a month on Meteor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭surpy

Dwalsh58 wrote: »
    That's €1254, way too much, got myself a 64gb OnePlus One Unlocked for €320 +€20 a month on Meteor.

This thread is about the s6...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Dwalsh58

surpy wrote: »
    This thread is about the s6...

So no other phones to be mentioned in comparison, get a life.

ADO wrote: »
    Any good websites for getting decent cases? Have to get a good case and also a screen protecter and a spare charger.

Otterbox are one of the best for cases

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Otterbox are one of the best for cases

Mobilefun have a good selection. An otter box will ruin the look of the s6. Awful yokes.

Flaccus wrote: »
    Mobilefun have a good selection. An otter box will ruin the look of the s6. Awful yokes.

They are making one for the 6 edge. That will look awful no doubt. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭surpy

The comparison was pointless, That a year old second tier brand phone on payg is cheaper than a market leaders just launched flagship phone is not really anything to shout about.

One plus and iPhone owners wandering around not really adding anything is just getting old that's all.

An actual comparison of a one plus vs an s6 would be interesting if you think they are actually comparable devices rather than just stating it's cheaper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Tone it down. Seriously, getting upset about a phone then telling someone else to get a life; there's irony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭SmithySeller

Has anyone seen a Gold iteration at all? If so any feedback? I'd like to see one before making any decision. I've read it has more of a silvery colour than gold.

Advertisement