Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Eh, anybody else having trouble changing the size you see app icons at?

I can't even remove an app icon from my screen. The app icons are huge,

Change the dpi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Ok, I got the icons sorted,

Another query, the app cabbage ultimate, has anybody got a link to that?

Also regarding swiping through the screens, is there an option for a continous swipe as opposed to the way it comes to an end?

Not sure if I've made myself clear there to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Mundane

Gold seems to have appeared on the options for 32gb flat @ Three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭surpy

Yep, it sure is. I used a family members eircom bill to avail of it.

Cool, their site says it's not included so was wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Ok, I got the icons sorted,

Another query, the app cabbage ultimate, has anybody got a link to that?

Also regarding swiping through the screens, is there an option for a continous swipe as opposed to the way it comes to an end?

Not sure if I've made myself clear there to be honest.

Not sure if standard Touchwiz allows you to do it but Nova Launcher will allow to do the continuous scroll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

So, just picked up the flat s6 from emobile. €300 up front 24 month contract. €24 first six months, €39 for the next 18. *unlimited*
    Just out of the box, they had no cases. So afraid to drop it. Anyone recommend any cases? Im thinking a flip one, just for the added protection on the screen.
    So what are the rest of ye doing with yours? I havnt had a smartphone in nearly a year, so am retrieving all my old apps. Great fun. 😊

Good enough deal.
    but how you get discount for first six months plus 4g?
    emobile shows 39e per month on 3g only for eircom customers.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Esox Lucias

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Good enough deal.
    but how you get discount for first six months plus 4g?
    emobile shows 39e per month on 3g only for eircom customers.
    Cheers

Its a deal in store for eircom customers. If you have a family member or close friend who can loan you a bill if you are not an eircom customer you could go in and see what they say.

My phone is saying 4g so i assume it is. Im gonna do a speedtest now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Isn't the data 5GB on that Eircom deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Anyone seen any decent sim free prices for the galaxy 6 edge? Thanks

Its a deal in store for eircom customers. If you have a family member or close friend who can loan you a bill if you are not an eircom customer you could go in and see what they say.

My phone is saying 4g so i assume it is. Im gonna do a speedtest now.

That's fair good deal.
    Equates to €20 month for unlimited calls/texts plus 5GB if you consider phone value at €680 on CPW.
    Can this deal be beaten?

• Advertisement

Pacifico wrote: »
    Isn't the data 5GB on that Eircom deal?

Yep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Change the dpi

How do you change the dpi?

yeah it is. sorry, was not trying to mislead. the *unlimited* was meant to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Just downloaded showbox and then downloaded some episodes of house of cards at home, already making sure i dont waste data i dont have to.

Dont really know how much data i use per month. Have it tracking on the phone, will see in a months time what im like.

Best deal i could find overall for the 24months. think it equates to €1145
    overall. 3 was €189 + (55*24) = €1589 and i think vodafone were roughly the same.

Its just the 300 up front thats a C**t.

dorgasm wrote: »
    Not sure if standard Touchwiz allows you to do it but Nova Launcher will allow to do the continuous scroll.

It does on note 3.

I'll keep checking,

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Facebook app won't load, it opens the initial blue screen, then grey screen and then exits back to desktop

Have cleared cache, force stopped and uninstalled and reinstalled

Any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Where can I buy one of these brand new, sim free in a shop? Any version 32 or 64gb I don't mind.

If I'm buying it off contract I don't want it locked to a network, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Facebook app won't load, it opens the initial blue screen, then grey screen and then exits back to desktop

Have cleared cache, force stopped and uninstalled and reinstalled

Any ideas ?

Not having any issues with fb here. I did have a problem searching for apps earlier, that seems to be sorted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Not having any issues with fb here. I did have a problem searching for apps earlier, that seems to be sorted now.

I forgot I was a beta Facebook tester. Reverted to the normal app and all good now

lads, am i missing something simple, or in the CONTACTS is there now no more option to click a little box which would only show you contacts that had phone numbers, as opposed to the million and one email addresses in google?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 james139

Anybody notice when you load a theme ( i loaded avengers theme ) you get a bit of lag on contacts and settings if you stay stock with nova plus . all animation in developers options set to .5 the phone flys along

• Advertisement

james139 wrote: »
    It was the Samsung rep in swords pavilion. i told him i would try the three shop tomorrow and if i got one i wanted my 50 euro deposit back .he said that they would have it before three but couldn't say when . I'll keep my eye on this thread . I hoping its just a big mistake

I got the edge today on bill pay swords went in a 6 o clock they ony had 2 in stock and i was the first carphone warehouse were saying Tuesday i missed out on the wireless charger but rather have it charge fast

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

I got the edge today on bill pay swords went in a 6 o clock they ony had 2 in stock and i was the first carphone warehouse were saying Tuesday i missed out on the wireless charger but rather have it charge fast

Is your edge screen perfect, any scratches on it when you hold it up to the light like reported on xda forums last week by some t-mobile customers ?

Flaccus wrote: »
    Is your edge screen perfect, any scratches on it when you hold it up to the light like reported on xda forums last week by some t-mobile customers ?

No there's no scratches of any kind it was one of the first things i checked for

Store
    Edit i bought it in three store

Store
    Edit i bought it in three store[/quote

Its branded with three software locked to three network normally not on first batch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

No there's no scratches of any kind it was one of the first things i checked for

Cool. Seems to only have been on American models I bet.
    Check this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3tCUdY5as0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I'm on a sim only plan and want the new S6, I headed into Meteor on Grafton street around 2pm yesterday, place was dead. I asked for an S6 on prepay they said they won't sell it on Pre Pay for at least 2 weeks. I asked how many have they sold so far, one S6 all day. I said I have €690 here and you won't sell me the phone. I know the whole idea is they want to sign people up to two year contracts but it's ridiculous turning me away and they can't even shift any of the stock they have. Tells me their pricing is all wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Davexirl wrote: »
    I'm on a sim only plan and want the new S6, I headed into Meteor on Grafton street around 2pm yesterday, place was dead. I asked for an S6 on prepay they said they won't sell it on Pre Pay for at least 2 weeks. I asked how many have they sold so far, one S6 all day. I said I have €690 here and you won't sell me the phone. I know the whole idea is they want to sign people up to two year contracts but it's ridiculous turning me away and they can't even shift any of the stock they have. Tells me their pricing is all wrong.

Used to work in cpw before. Selling an expensive phone like that was frowned upon big time. It's worth nothing to cpw or any other network store to sell on prepay. Unless you take out insurance with it, it's a waste of the sales persons time as it won't earn them any commission or meaningfully contribute to their targets. I know nobody here will like to hear that, but it's the reality.

Lads how do I get rid of the bloody voicemail icon on the top left? There is no clear button and no amount of swiping is shifting it.

• Advertisement

Lads how do I get rid of the bloody voicemail icon on the top left? There is no clear button and no amount of swiping is shifting it.

It just disappeared. It was there a good half hour after I'd listened to it. Then went. Hmmmmm

Advertisement