Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Top Gear Special on

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,688 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Cheensbo wrote: »
    I quite enjoyed it, Really like watching these specials, out of all of them all I have to admit that the Burma special was probably my favourite.

Generally wouldn't watch a lot of the regular top gear episodes mind, I just like the specials for travel ideas, recently bought a bike and drove the length of Vietnam on it - a trip which was mostly inspired by the show!

People seem to forget that Top Gear is a motoring themed entertainment show, and not a motoring show. It's obvious that the 3 gobsh1tes cant do anything for themselves and a huge amount of background & support crew work goes into the show, but that doesn't matter, it's entertaining!

Looking forward to part 2 :)

I agree I really like the Burma special. Some of the specials have and do get a bit silly or stupid do. There has also been some really good ones. The one in Africa where Hammond has the Opel car that he named Oliver that was a really good one. Another was the one with the three old 4x4s in South America. One thing that really annoys me do is even do the cars they have might be old they are normally in very good condition when they get them but by the end of some of the shows they can be in a right state which is kinda sad. Thats Top Gear do.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The first episode is available to download if you know where to get it. ;)

Clarkson tweeted earlier that **** kicks off in episode 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I dunno bazz, the first half was **** enough ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Seem to be completely devoid of any new ideas.Driving cars around a field and up dirt tracks isn't really compelling television.
    All had sump guards fitted as well I notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Does anybody know when part 2 is on. Daughter loves the show but I can't find out when the second one is on.
    Cheers

• Advertisement

Its on BBC2 at 8 tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Does anybody know when part 2 is on. Daughter loves the show but I can't find out when the second one is on.
    Cheers

8.00 tonight after the filum

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Its on BBC2 at 8 tonight.
    8.00 tonight after the filum

Thanks a million lads. She can watch that and I'll go 4 a pint.:)
    Fair result all round:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

I enjoyed it. Alot more normal than ones of past.

Surprised by the lotus. Loved his "moment" I refuse to believe that was put on. If he did try to get it upset to show a point he didn't mean to do that.

The mustang is a laugh but from the sound of it, it wasn't running right from the start

He definitely had that story in one of his articles years and years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

That intro was a big FU to the Argentinians anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Randomly placed saddled horses :(

Poor James, that fall looked nasty.

That intro was a big FU to the Argentinians anyway.

The reg is a disgrace to be fair, his claims that he didn't notice etc and that the complaint was the first they noticed it is completely unbelievable.

Maybe British folk might think it great but as a neutral so to speak I think it's nothing short of antagonising a country for entertainment (never good).

We might yet see a big FU from the Arg' to JC :)

Second part worse than first part, which was rubbish imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,070 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

can see the big support crew that they travel with now

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Finally something interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Crazy stuff!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,070 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

3 presenters seem to abandon the crew for the dangerous part

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Gah cant believe i missed this is there a BBC2+1 on NTL ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

They deliberately antagonised people, drew it on themselves and over dramatised it I'm sure for TV.

I usually enjoy top gear for what it is but that left a bad taste in my mouth. They always play on the British bit, but that has to be incredibly insulting to Argentina and the people that died. Very poor judgement shown there. But it got them attention I suppose as they needed it with the show on a downward slide.

Much better show on immediately after it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Thought it was poor, but they did well to put together an hour of passable footage considering the complications they had, even if it was just driving and getting stuck, driving and getting stuck, repeat as necessary

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

They deliberately antagonised people, drew it on themselves and over dramatised it I'm sure for TV.

I usually enjoy top gear for what it is but that left a bad taste in my mouth. They always play on the British bit, but that has to be incredibly insulting to Argentina and the people that died. Very poor judgement shown there. But it got them attention I suppose as they needed it with the show on a downward slide.

Much better show on immediately after it anyway.

Completely agree.

Gah cant believe i missed this is there a BBC2+1 on NTL ?

I believe there are no +1s available for BBC.

Watching online is possible if the BBC think you are in the UK :)

Top gear/the bbc should have issued an apology at the end of that

3 presenters seem to abandon the crew for the dangerous part

3 lads considered more important I imagine which is a disgrace in itself, imagine a loved one working in the crew and hearing that they got rocks etc thrown at them effectively over Clarkson being a twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

My husband made me watch this, saying there was nothing else on the TV to see.

Jermey Clarkson is the most annoying man on earth.

He's way too dramatic......... If he ever got man flu he'd never survive it!

Dunno why they didn't just leave the cars at the hotel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 820 ✭✭✭BunkMoreland

I wonder how they did those aerial shots, like over the boat. Stabilized camera on a quadcopter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

God Argentina looks like a nice place. Who ever bought the car should be sacked. I wouldn't think Jeremy would find them. Poor old James looked in bits after the fall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

I wonder how they did those aerial shots, like over the boat. Stabilized camera on a quadcopter?

DJI S1000 octocopter with a Zenmuse Gimbal carrying a Panasonic GH4 Camera.
    Video downlink using a Lightbridge, with 2 x radio controls, one for the pilot and the other for the cameraman. A2 flight controller on the S1000.
    all up cost around 10K.
    Pennies for a production of that budget.....and as a last thought , the team brought two of all of the above, as redundancy.:eek:
    Second aerial rig carries a Black magic camera.

Advertisement