Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Top Gear Special on

Options
  • 27-12-2014 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,684 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

Tonight at 8.30pm on BBC2. They are in Patagonia. This is the one where there was a whole lot of contravesy over the number plates on the car Clarkson was driving. Will be interesting to see is it any good been a while since there has been any Top Gear on.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

cant wait:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

Tonight will be like a regular top gear.

It'll be tomorrow night when things heat up and rocks are thrown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Let's hope it's a good one. Are they making a new series coming

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

Found this site to watch . 5 min watching, no probs, just time to to time ads pop up. Can't find descent proxy. Could somebody advice better place where to watch?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I don't believe for one second that reg is a coincidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Yeah that's abit much. You can see why they caused all the hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Mar4ix wrote: »
    Found this site to watch . 5 min watching, no probs, just time to to time ads pop up. Can't find descent proxy. Could somebody advice better place where to watch?

Thanks

Do you think it will be re run on filmon? Missed the start, and wont be able to catch live tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭dmc17

It was never likely to be a coincedence considering who's involved

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Well for one, it certainly made a lot of people want to watch it more now & any excuse to wind up the 'Argies' & only added to Jeremy's profile & the Beeb were never going to get rid of him, just a slap on the hand that's all.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 820 ✭✭✭BunkMoreland

This is pretty boring...not much happening other than driving in fields.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Bit meh tbh. Savage camera work and scenery though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,070 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

The Lotus was pretty impressive on the rough roads, didn't seem to suffer much compared to the other two

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

WORST. EPISODE. EVER.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Those Top Gear "specials" are gone too far for my liking. Watched the Burma one there the other night and really they have reached new levels of stupidity and incredulity. Building a bridge across some river? Ridiculous how the 3 of them pretend to do things like this at this stage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

road_high wrote: »
    Those Top Gear "specials" are gone too far for my liking. Watched the Burma one there the other night and really they have reached new levels of stupidity and incredulity. Building a bridge across some river? Ridiculous how the 3 of them pretend to do things like this at this stage...

I think that might be the joke..luckily, the one "they" finished tonight was dead level...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Ah balls! I missed it. Sky plus for tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭cml387

It would seem to me that this first part (second to follow) needed to be padded out a bit because the second part ended in them being thrown out of the country before they'd completed the program.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I enjoyed that. That mustang is a shed of a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Maybe they're building everything up for tomorrow night's episode as I thought tonight's was a bit boring. Apart from the stunning scenery not much else happened.

Loved James's Esprit, still a stunning looking car today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

The Lotus surprised me. My dream car when I was a kid. It certainly earned its corn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

yawn

I predict they will achieve whatever their goal was with mere seconds to spare, whilst all looking like their lives are in real and imminent danger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

The 3 stooges are getting old, May made a half arsed attempt to get rid of his mullet Hammond is aging well though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

The 3 stooges are getting old, May made a half arsed attempt to get rid of his mullet Hammond is aging well though.

So is Rachel Welch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

It is what it is. A decent way to spend an hour even if we know it's very scripted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

I quite enjoyed it, Really like watching these specials, out of all of them all I have to admit that the Burma special was probably my favourite.

Generally wouldn't watch a lot of the regular top gear episodes mind, I just like the specials for travel ideas, recently bought a bike and drove the length of Vietnam on it - a trip which was mostly inspired by the show!

People seem to forget that Top Gear is a motoring themed entertainment show, and not a motoring show. It's obvious that the 3 gobsh1tes cant do anything for themselves and a huge amount of background & support crew work goes into the show, but that doesn't matter, it's entertaining!

Looking forward to part 2 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

So is Rachel Welch.
    She's a stooge :eek: I thought there were only 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

BUgGeR! Missed it, anyone know if its being repeated?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

Missed it but just watched it on the Beeb's iplayer.

I'm with Cheensbo. I really enjoy these specials. They have a bit of "cars" and a bit of everything else. If it was purely a car show I'd find it boring. Those kinds of shows are only for real petrol heads. Top Gear is a show that people with zero interest in cars can enjoy along with those with an interest in them.

I liked the look of that old Mustang but it was a bit of a dog. Stunning scenery in that part of the World too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

that mustang like most american cars of that era (and new ones mind you) had the handling of a horsebox. The show was entertaining enough, part 2 awaits.

Advertisement