Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Argentina for £275 Return [Threads Merged]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭MissNomer

Did you guys select to receive your boarding pass via Logitravel?

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

MissNomer wrote: »
    Did you guys select to receive your boarding pass via Logitravel?

You can do but you'll get them when you check in online on the Lufthansa website closer to the time of your flight.

mosstin wrote: »
    Seriously, how much more reassurance do you need? It's been pointed out that the flights once booked are showing up on the Lufthansa site. If you book with your credit card you should be well covered. If there is a catch, you will still be covered.

As I said, it's not really the money itself. It's the fact that they may not be reliable. I don't want an email 3 weeks before I'm due to leave (when it's too late to book anything else) telling me they screwed up and my flights aren't available anymore, whether or not they give me my money back.

Anyway, I decided to take the chance and I've just booked! I've been considering Argentina/Chile for ages and have rarely seen a price below about £650 - I was just looking last week and thought even £650 was a pretty good deal, so if this works out at around £300, I'll be delighted.

I've booked for almost 2 1/2 weeks myself (although it's really only 2 weeks by the time I get there and get over the jet lag), so if all goes well, I'll have to start thinking about what to do there! Also tempted by Chile, but it may be too much hassle to start messing around going back and forth.
    pete_fire wrote: »
    It's a self-dump!!!
    £275 is not the intentional price from the airlines.

i explained it on the 1st page

I don't really get it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

pete_fire wrote: »
    Lufthansa loses out. it's their fuel surcharge that is getting dumped.

That figures. Strange how it comes thru an agent and not visible on scrapers.

OK, guys, one more thing.

I've booked and it went through grand. Got my confirmation email from Logitravel.

How do I check the booking on Lufthansa now? I put in the confirmation number I got and it says invalid.

• Advertisement

MissNomer wrote: »
    OK, guys, one more thing.

I've booked and it went through grand. Got my confirmation email from Logitravel.

How do I check the booking on Lufthansa now? I put in the confirmation number I got and it says invalid.

Never mind. Tried again and it works now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Just hope Jeremy Clarkson doesn't tag along :D

Would love to visit it but gf not up for it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

All the good prices are for one week long trips, do ye think that'd be enough time there?

Gongoozler wrote: »
    All the good prices are for one week long trips, do ye think that'd be enough time there?

Keep checking and checking - I managed to get a 16 day trip :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭mosstin

Gongoozler wrote: »

Absolutely no way. There are folk talking about flying to Chile in the midst of their few days there - insanity! So much to explore there and nearby. You'll see BA in the week but two weeks at least would be so much better. There are 2 week packages available at this price but none that suit me so good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭notuslimited

Call me insane all you like. I should add that I'm a plane spotter. My trip will have me travelling on a A340-600, B748 and a 773, all aircraft I have never flown on. Coupled with the fact that I will cross the Andes...apparently a view which is fantastic, coupled with the fact that this fare is no longer available....according to Logitravel. All in all, call me nuts but this trip will certainly float my boat. Please god Logi doesn't cancel. Happy travels everyone.

I booked a 2-week trip (but booked from London as I think I'll be there at that time). Would have liked even longer but don't want to use up all my leave, and with the low price, I don't feel as bad about it as I would if I'd paid £700+.

Would it be crazy to try to fit Chile into a 2 week trip? Chile is where I really want to go but obviously 2 weeks is nowhere near enough time to see anything properly. Hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

This looks like a goer. No I need to persuade someone to go with me.

This looks like a goer. No I need to persuade someone to go with me.

Would you not consider going alone? I was hesitant but most of my friends either don't want to go or can't get the time off work so I went ahead and booked it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Same boat here. Nobody to go with. Have never travelled alone but I'm a big boy and think this is too big to miss. Going for few drinks later. Will either persuade someone with few drinks or get some Dutch courage to go it alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭Crumbs868

South America is a great place to travel alone. They have fantastic hostels with great facilities who organise very good tours and I found that the age profile of the average hostel customers to be late 20s so usually mature and friendly, or not too much of the clingy early 20s crowd that you might find in the average hostel in Asia / Australia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

Could not a few of you boardsies go together? Someone to travel with to and from the airports, and if ye hit it off, explore BA together

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Tempted to book this. Did anyone get confirmation from the Argentinian Airline?

Tempted to book this. Did anyone get confirmation from the Argentinian Airline?

It's under Lufthansa - you wont get confirmation from them - only from Lufthansa when you check in.

• Advertisement

I've travelled on my own for many years.

If anyone wants to meet up in BA or travel for a few days in Argentina then let me know by private message :-)

I fly out on the 13th April.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

I wouldn't mind going friends in Argentina however when I click on link no joy.

Expired???

I hear this Logitravel group aren't very reliable but am I right in saying that after you get the email from Lufthansa you don't need to worry about them?

Also is 1hr change over in Frankfurt enough?

I hear this Logitravel group aren't very reliable but am I right in saying that after you get the email from Lufthansa you don't need to worry about them?

Also is 1hr change over in Frankfurt enough?

I'm hoping so. I haven't an email from Lufthansa, but when I log in with the reservation number, my booking shows up on the Lufthansa website.

1 hour isn't a lot, but I've been told many times that the long haul will wait for an incoming connecting flight - is that true? Otherwise, I guess Lufthansa would have to put you on the next available flight and accommodate you until then, but it would be a pain to lose a day or more from a short holiday.

Im thinking of going via Munich because I'm pretty sure 1hr in Frankfurt wouldn't be long enough

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Im thinking of going via Munich because I'm pretty sure 1hr in Frankfurt wouldn't be long enough

Definitely pushing it. Frankfurt is huge and I've missed 2 connecting flights through there. Both were 1 hour 10 minute stopovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dubtrav

I decided to take the plunge and booked to fly out on the 31st of March. Hopefully it won't all fall through.

If anyone travelling on their own is going around that time let me know.

If anyone is going via Munich then 1hr 15mins seems to be long enough unless the Dublin flight has a delay : http://www.munich-airport.de/en/general/faq/umsteigen/index.jsp

Im thinking of booking 13th April

Did anyone select the boarding card option? I was thinking it might be more secure if we check in ourselves rather than Logitravel doing it for us

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭askU

• Advertisement

askU wrote: »

Very informative thanks...shame about the complete lack of any evidence.

Advertisement