Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Argentina for £275 Return [Threads Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

shema wrote: »
    I searched for the flights through skyscanner and they come up for €368 through an agent called GotoGate. Anyone ever heard of them?

I've used GotoGate a couple of times, it was fine. Like most of these booking agents the credit card fee/service fees will add another €10-20 to the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 shema

nibtrix wrote: »
    I've used GotoGate a couple of times, it was fine. Like most of these booking agents the credit card fee/service fees will add another €10-20 to the price.

I was checking and if paying by Visa debit theres no additional fee on GotoGate. Now I just need to get time off worked confirmed before I go ahead with it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Booked but got this (see image attached).

Nervous wait ahead

I rang LogiTravel and they said it was a processing error. I also rang my bank and no attempt had been made to take money.

Re-booked just now and got confirmation of my flights.

Argentina here I come :D

Massive thanks to the OP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

I rang LogiTravel and they said it was a processing error. I also rang my bank and no attempt had been made to take money.

Re-booked just now and got confirmation of my flights.

Argentina here I come :D

Massive thanks to the OP

Did you re-book with them over the phone?

I got the same as you (Booking Request in Progress) and their customer service line closed 10 mins ago. Do I have to wait til Monday....?

christeb wrote: »
    Did you re-book with them over the phone?

I got the same as you (Booking Request in Progress) and their customer service line closed 10 mins ago. Do I have to wait til Monday....?

When I rang LogiTravel they said they had nothing of their system regarding my booking.

I rang my credit card company to see if any attempt or any money was going to be leaving my account (regarding the flight) and they said there wasn't.

I re-booked online and it all processed right away :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 boogiewonder

I took the plunge and booked it in the end.
    I can see the booking on Lufthansa site so it all looks good.
    Can't complain at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

very interested in this alright. Has anyone managed to book a flight leaving on a sat or Sun and coming back on a sat or a Sun?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭notuslimited

Pulled the trigger on this after sleeping on it. Booked out 30 March via Munich, returning 6 April. I plan on spending Tue, Wed and Thursday in BA and then flying across the Andes to Santiago for 2 nights before heading back to BA on Sunday in order to fly back on Monday. Bit of a mad trip all in all, but hey, pluck it. Always wanted to visit BA and Santiago and this could be my only chance in this lifetime. What are others planning on doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Pulled the trigger on this after sleeping on it. Booked out 30 March via Munich, returning 6 April. I plan on spending Tue, Wed and Thursday in BA and then flying across the Andes to Santiago for 2 nights before heading back to BA on Sunday in order to fly back on Monday. Bit of a mad trip all in all, but hey, pluck it. Always wanted to visit BA and Santiago and this could be my only chance in this lifetime. What are others planning on doing?

If you are in Santiago, visit Mercado Central especially if you like seafood. Eat at the local rather than the tourist stalls.

Managed to book from April 13th to April 29th

Plans are being drawn up as I type :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Absolutely no idea. Had to do it in case this was an actual BA to BA, so to speak.

Fancied South America always, dunno why. 3 months to google.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭mosstin

Wow, really would advise against doing this. BA is a once in a lifetime trip in itself and the city and its surrounds are surely worth 5-6 days at the very least. By going to Santiago - flight time, getting to/from both airports, sorting out hotels - you're diluting the value you'll get from seeing both Santiago and BA.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 boogiewonder

mosstin wrote: »
    Wow, really would advise against doing this. BA is a once in a lifetime trip in itself and the city and its surrounds are surely worth 5-6 days at the very least. By going to Santiago - flight time, getting to/from both airports, sorting out hotels - you're diluting the value you'll get from seeing both Santiago and BA.

Have to agree with Mosstin there. I lived in BA for many years and I'd go as far as saying that only visiting for a couple of days will probably give you a bad impression. It's an amazing city that requires a bit of time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭MissNomer

Have the people who have booked received confirmations from both Lufthansa and LAN?

Am dying to book this but feeling uneasy given the 'too good to be true' feeling and the bad Logitravel reviews. I generally try to avoid online booking sites which use different airlines as I worry about the bookings not actually being made with the airline, or them cancelling on me last minute when its too late to book something else, or ending up stranded in Brazil after missing the connection with LAN.

It seems very easy for these companies just to back out and let you down with no repercussions?

MissNomer wrote: »
    Have the people who have booked received confirmations from both Lufthansa and LAN?

Am dying to book this but feeling uneasy given the 'too good to be true' feeling and the bad Logitravel reviews. I generally try to avoid online booking sites which use different airlines as I worry about the bookings not actually being made with the airline, or them cancelling on me last minute when its too late to book something else, or ending up stranded in Brazil after missing the connection with LAN.

It seems very easy for these companies just to back out and let you down with no repercussions?

Book on your credit card and if something goes wrong you can open a case against the company through your bank/credit card.

Had to do this before when a airline company I had booked with went out of business and I got my money back.

Book on your credit card and if something goes wrong you can open a case against the company through your bank/credit card.

Had to do this before when a airline company I had booked with went out of business and I got my money back.

I definitely would do, but more worried about the holiday falling through, esp at the last minute, or ending up stranded. Most of the complaints seem to state that the customers did get their money back, but that they were left with no holiday etc.

I definitely would do, but more worried about the holiday falling through, esp at the last minute, or ending up stranded. Most of the complaints seem to state that the customers did get their money back, but that they were left with no holiday etc.

True - but I reckon Lufthansa will be in contact first to say flights are cancelled etc

Once the flight booking is showing up on Lufthansa then all is good (fingers crossed).

It could all end tears but I'll be hanging in there until the last moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

That was in most cases a hotel booking. I.e. the hotel never accepted the booking. All the booked Argentina flights appear to be confirmed with Lufthansa who are no going to close up shop tomorrow and leave you stranded (the largest airline in Europe). I would go for it if I were you. If I found someone to go with, I would book immediately.

sternn wrote: »
    That was in most cases a hotel booking. I.e. the hotel never accepted the booking. All the booked Argentina flights appear to be confirmed with Lufthansa who are no going to close up shop tomorrow and leave you stranded (the largest airline in Europe). I would go for it if I were you. If I found someone to go with, I would book immediately.

I agree 100%

I'm going on my own - gotta take this chance as they don't come often :-)

True - but I reckon Lufthansa will be in contact first to say flights are cancelled etc

Once the flight booking is showing up on Lufthansa then all is good (fingers crossed).

It could all end tears but I'll be hanging in there until the last moment.

Lufthansa is only to Brazil though, isn't it? It's the fact 2 different airlines are involved that worries me. My usual MO is to check out the fares on these discount websites and then book direct with the airline.

• Advertisement

sternn wrote: »

Yeah, that makes me feel a bit better.

I have no one to go with either - will go alone if I book.

Lufthansa is only to Brazil though, isn't it? It's the fact 2 different airlines are involved that worries me. My usual MO is to check out the fares on these discount websites and then book direct with the airline.

All the flights included in the LogiTravel/Lufthansa booking are essentially with Lufthansa.

If all the flights weren't included (under Lufthansa) then all the flights would not show up on the Lufthansa website - which they do.

I hope that makes some sense :-)

All the flights included in the LogiTravel/Lufthansa booking are essentially with Lufthansa.

If all the flights weren't included (under Lufthansa) then all the flights would not show up on the Lufthansa website - which they do.

I hope that makes some sense :-)

OK, so even the ones with LAN show up under the Lufthansa booking?

OK, so even the ones with LAN show up under the Lufthansa booking?

Yes :)

Yes :)

Hmm OK, that's a lot more reassuring then.

Just can't get this 'too good to be true' feeling out of my head!

Flights to Brazil with Lufthansa are twice what Logitravel are asking for all the way to Argentina...can't work out what the catch is :o

Flights to Brazil with Lufthansa are twice what Logitravel are asking for all the way to Argentina...can't work out what the catch is :o

Hopefully there is none :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭mosstin

Seriously, how much more reassurance do you need? It's been pointed out that the flights once booked are showing up on the Lufthansa site. If you book with your credit card you should be well covered. If there is a catch, you will still be covered.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 pete_fire

It's a self-dump!!!
    £275 is not the intentional price from the airlines.

i explained it on the 1st page

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

pete_fire wrote: »
    It's a self-dump!!!
    £275 is not the intentional price from the airlines.

i explained it on the 1st page

Ill be honest, i sort of understood the flyertalk speak but not really.
    Surely someone loses out in this case, assume the price is from the airline and the agents get their percentage?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 pete_fire

Lufthansa loses out. it's their fuel surcharge that is getting dumped.

Advertisement