Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any xmas day fight yet

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I spent the day by myself and it was perfect. I've never had a drama filled chrisrmas thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Cork981

Candie wrote: »
    You should give yourself the gift of a more appreciative girlfriend.

Ya your not far wrong..... Probably a discussion for the relationship forum though !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Day passed off peacefully even though me and Satan's tour guide were eyeballing each other all day.
    My 3 year old had a meltdown at the dinner when he got his 'manky food' (his words) and point blank refused to eat it

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭PhilBill

Day passed off peacefully even though me and Satan's tour guide were eyeballing each other all day.
    My 3 year old had a meltdown at the dinner when he got his 'manky food' (his words) and point blank refused to eat it

If your 3 year old is calling his food 'manky' at that age you have an intelligent one on your hands. Get prepared for the years to come my boards.ie friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone that got hassled by their Mother In Law today should remember Woman Hitler is an anagram for Mother In Law.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Anyone that got hassled by their Mother In Law today should remember Woman Hitler is an anagram for Mother In Law.

So is satans tour guide

I've knicknamed my aunty Eva after today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Well there ye go, no problems at all, the day turned out to be friendly and no problems. This is the first year so far that everything went smooth with no hassle. Not that I am a fan of Christmas, but it was nice.

Sorry OP that there was no bloody murder, but there's always one year out of many that actually go smooth, and this was the one. Who knows what will happen next year though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭AnimalChin

Karl Stein wrote: »
    I think I come from an abnormally normal family.

I wonder...what it is they're hiding...

AnimalChin wrote: »

I'd bet there is a room in their house that KNOWONE is aloud to enter!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭AnimalChin

PhilBill wrote: »

Possibly featuring someone who hasn't seen their family in a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Fairly uneventful christmas here. Back at my parents gaff so it's just me and my sister and them. We all like each other so no drama really, food was great and not too much drink.

Their house is sooo much nicer than mine it makes me wonder why the feck I moved out, paying a chunk of my income to live in a vastly inferior house that I share with 3 other lads less than 20 minutes drive away? They have underfloor heating and a sound system built into the walls and kitchen appliances that actually work! If I could get them to move out it'd be perfect.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Fairly uneventful christmas here. Back at my parents gaff so it's just me and my sister and them. We all like each other so no drama really, food was great and not too much drink.

Their house is sooo much nicer than mine it makes me wonder why the feck I moved out, paying a chunk of my income to live in a vastly inferior house that I share with 3 other lads less than 20 minutes drive away? They have underfloor heating and a sound system built into the walls and kitchen appliances that actually work! If I could get hem to move out it'd be perfect.[/QUOTE

Just make sure they love you the most so when they die you get the house..

No row this Christmas day I can't believe myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

PhilBill wrote: »

Well there is the hideously deformed Brother we're not allowed to talk about who lives in that room nobody is allowed to go in to...

Possibly featuring someone who hasn't seen their family in a very long time.

The first time someone enters that room I hope the Jaws theme tune starts playing and bats fly at them, while their great great great grandmother dangles preserved and unmolested from the roof with 'God loves you' embalmed on her forehead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

Karl Stein wrote: »
    I think I come from an abnormally normal family.
    +1.
    Although my brother spilled the cream when trying to whip it. And my dad had a bit of a stomach bug.

Seriously though, I'm glad my family don't have problems. I know people with shyte family difficulties, and Christmas must not be an easy time for them.
    Some people are just whingey fighty moany people though, in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭pavb2

boobar wrote: »
    My mother in law is behaving like a right cnut to everyone...

I gave up listening to her bitching and moaning at 9 and retired to another room to drink wine alone and read a good book...

Worked out grand for me...peace.

My kid had a great day, think my Mrs is a bit stressed.

You married young ... fair play for putting up with it for so long

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Well Childline received 1,200 call this Christmas Day according to the IrishTimes right here so yeah some difficulties were experienced by people alright.
    Childline’s 57 volunteers were in a position to spent time listening or helping to empower young people in difficult circumstances throughout Christmas Day.

Hope all will be okay,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

So is satans tour guide

No it's not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭whitey1

Big ticking time bomb at the parents house this year. My sister got married in September and hasnt sent out one thank you card, in spite of receiving some very generous monetary gifts. To top if off, everyone, including my octegenarian parents had to schelp over to England for the wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I was fortunate enough to never have any family crap at Christmas. My late parents always appreciated the important things in life & family moments together. Hence my siblings and I always had/have great craic when we hook up.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

Ironically, Christmas Day is probably the only time my family can have a get together without someone having a fight. My aunt, who is the "black sheep" of the family, whom no one, bar her mother, talks to, always attempts to cause Christmas trouble by using my grandmother, but my grandmother doesn't bite. However, any other day of the year, there's always some fight, multiple fights isn't uncommon, luckily, I manage to avoid them.

Advertisement