Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any xmas day fight yet

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Was homeless last christmas stayed in an awful place, this year I am in a ****ty bedsit but still beats being back home with my cúntbag family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

PhilBill wrote: »
    I've always thought of Christmas as a day to get rid of all the stress from the year past and have a go at the people who have caused it...

All though a boring Christmas is a great Christmas in imo also.

Usually it is. There's usually at least one fight over something stupid :rolleyes:

It wasn't the fighting type of stressful this year so there's no real pent up anger. I think this year were just really gla to be together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

No way. Fighting and arguing are not welcome in this house, especially not at Christmas, had enough of that when I was a child.
    I nearly got into a row with the telly over that episode of Eastenders though :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭PhilBill

Lau2976 wrote: »
    Usually it is. There's usually at least one fight over something stupid :rolleyes:

It wasn't the fighting type of stressful this year so there's no real pent up anger

I literally had to dive out early this year, not before stirring up some shiite tho, or else I would have ruined the day for my little sisters and cousins. The pent up anger I have can wait for another day. I'm thinking New Years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

kerry4sam wrote: »
    You mean you cannot relate to anything posted thus far in this thread?

dysfunctional is just a tad too harsh imo; you're referring to peoples families here anncoates,
    Bitta Respect on Christmas Night Would be Lovely,
    Thanks,
    kerry4sam

More sherry? :)
    Thanks,
    Anncoates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

no fights for me because I have decided to stay away from my folks, siblings and in-laws this year and just spend it with my missus and kids. Had a great day.
    I think things like no emphasis on bloody TV soaps and other TV shíte has helped avoid arguments this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

I literally had to dive out early this year, not before stirring up some shiite tho, or else I would have ruined the day for my little sisters and cousins. The pent up anger I have can wait for another day. I'm thinking New Years.

Good time to get rid of the pent up anger so you do t carry it forward

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭mazdaminx

Out with the old anger, in with the new

I think I may hold it for a time when it comes in handy! You know play my cards at the right time! haha New Years in my house will be a complete mess I plan on listening to everything anyone says in my family. Maybe then I could understand them a slight bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭annettea

So it was either my mum or the father of my baby either way at the end of it i had dinner with my mum alone while he took our daughter to his parents house! Worst Christmas ever

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

realies wrote: »
    Not yet,

Had a lovely dinner at a friends house,there's about 13 of us, different nationalities,I the only one not drinking, the temperature is starting to rise as is the noise and little squiggles starting to break out,nearly time for me to go :-)

Came back to friends house to drop a few of the folks home, when I went into the house they were all in onesies playing some game that you stood on a mat with circles on it and stretched over each other to touch other circle... Better than fighting I suppose .....

realies wrote: »
    Came back to friends house to drop a few of the folks home, when I went into the house they were all in onesies playing some game that you stood on a mat with circles on it and stretched over each other to touch other circle... Better than fighting I suppose .....

They couldn't have been playing twister.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Cork981

Ya the girlfriend just decided that all my gifts are taughless and useless and told me why each one was **** and useless.

Cork981 wrote: »
    Ya the girlfriend just decided that all my gifts are taughless and useless and told me why each one was **** and useless.

I hope you laughed right in her F****** face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

My mate just rang me there. He just had a big row with his auld lad. Mates dog shed a few hairs and his auld lad said he is getting rid of the dog first thing tomorrow. My mate then told his auld lad that if he gets rid of the dog he will get rid of his auld lad. Cue massive row. You gotta love Christmas:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

My mum and dad had an argument which turned into shouting and at 10:45 my dad shouted up the stairs that we were all to go to bed. Im 25!!!

Will spend next Christmas with boyfriend and his family, fūck this.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Cork981

I hope you laughed right in her F****** face

No, thing is I'm happy with the gifts she got me so kind of feel bad that she didn't like them.
    Genuinely did put effort in as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

Usual rows in our house mainly over the filling of the "samwiches" in the evening. Ma forgot the orders and blamed Da called him a deaf useless c*** just cos he was standing in the kitchen!. The dog wee'd on the floor and it was everyone's fault cos Ma coulnt hear her barking to go out. All of us were givin out cos Da left the quality street down OPEN on the table and the grandkids devoured the box ... love Christmas !

No, thing is I'm happy with the gifts she got me so kind of feel bad that she didn't like them.
    Genuinely did put effort in as well.

We'll then I can understand how you fell. Sorry I took your post the wrong way. Hope you kept the receipts!! It's always good when you do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Usual rows in our house mainly over the filling of the "samwiches" in the evening. Ma forgot the orders and blamed Da called him a deaf useless c*** just cos he was standing in the kitchen!. The dog wee'd on the floor and it was everyone's fault cos Ma coulnt hear her barking to go out. All of us were givin out cos Da left the quality street down OPEN on the table and the grandkids devoured the box ... love Christmas !

The Royale Family popped into my head reading this! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

The Cool wrote: »
    My mum and dad had an argument which turned into shouting and at 10:45 my dad shouted up the stairs that we were all to go to bed. Im 25!!!

Will spend next Christmas with boyfriend and his family, fūck this.

Sorry but im still laughing at this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Not a bad day today - Hate this day with a passion - left the house 2 yrs ago and spent it on my own in a kip of a flat in kildare due to the drunken retardedness of a particular family member - Had worries this morning when everyone started drinking champagne at 10am but in fairness they cooled down and no major incidents were reported!

Relief!

You should give yourself the gift of a more appreciative girlfriend.

ardinn wrote: »
    Not a bad day today - Hate this day with a passion - left the house 2 yrs ago and spent it on my own in a kip of a flat in kildare due to the drunken retardedness of a particular family member - Had worries this morning when everyone started drinking champagne at 10am but in fairness they cooled down and no major incidents were reported!

Relief!

The 'Lucky One'

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Drove my mother and my father to my sisters to have dinner there and they argued the whole way there. Dad then drank whole bottle of Jameson and passed out before the dinner! Ho ho ho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Take a look at the "I didn't go to mass" thread. They about to bate each other over there!

heldel00 wrote: »
    Take a look at the "I didn't go to mass" thread. They about to bate each other over there!

Wait until they die and realise it's all a joke. Then we can laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Such murderous emotions. Intentions to hire a professional killer. And drink. DRINK I tell ya. And I know some of you were at the happy pills. And the devils dandruff.

All because a wee lad from long ago got mentioned in a Cliff Richard song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

My mother in law is behaving like a right cnut to everyone...

I gave up listening to her bitching and moaning at 9 and retired to another room to drink wine alone and read a good book...

Worked out grand for me...peace.

My kid had a great day, think my Mrs is a bit stressed.

• Advertisement

boobar wrote: »
    My mother in law is behaving like a right cnut to everyone...

I gave up listening to her bitching and moaning at 9 and retired to another room to drink wine alone and read a good book...

Worked out grand for me...peace.

My kid had a great day, think my Mrs is a bit stressed.

My family are all screaming at each other downstairs right now, I can't hear Hugh Laurie being a spontaneous MoFo :(

Advertisement