Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth Fitness Band €13.90 Delivered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭racersedge

Mr Jinx wrote: »
    Finally arrived!!!

Same here, at least I assume it is! Apparently the post man left a note yesterday which was not told to me until this morning. Package is now sitting at home and have to assume it is is. Looking forward to poking about on it later

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

I've installed the app but can't register for some reason.
    I put in my email and password and when I press submit nothing happens. ?

Yeah the website is mental mate...personally I was trying to sign up while the device was in transit so I gave it a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Same thing for me :(

Anyone manage to register today? Can i register through website?

Mine came this morning.. Don't forget modded version http://en.miui.com/thread-53761-1-1.html

Could someone send me this, for some reason I cannot register for that site :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Thanks!

Getting a 403 error when trying to create an account on the Miui forums, wonder is this what is preventing me from creating an account on the app.

Very frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭simonw

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Same thing for me :(

Anyone manage to register today? Can i register through website?

I got through this morning no prob, but tried again this evening and it's banjaxed

Having an issue that I don't think anyone else has had so far.. which has me worried now... :rolleyes:

Got it today as expected and was all 'yeh!' Anyway, left it to charge just to make sure it was full battery and downloaded the app. When it was all charged, went to sync it with the mi band and... nothing. It searched, but finds nothing. Asks me to make sure the battery is charged (which it is).

Bluetooth is on and it can see the device in the local devices. But I can't even pair it there claiming it doesn't have a correct pin or password.

Has a scurry around their site and found one post up with no answer with the same issue. Have also looked up this thread to see if there was anything. Tried to 'modified' install as well to see if that would do the trick but nothing.

Bit stumped here... if anyone has any suggestions.

If it helps, phone is the Landvo L200 most of us bagged on here before Christmas...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

racersedge wrote: »
    Having an issue that I don't think anyone else has had so far.. which has me worried now... :rolleyes:

Got it today as expected and was all 'yeh!' Anyway, left it to charge just to make sure it was full battery and downloaded the app. When it was all charged, went to sync it with the mi band and... nothing. It searched, but finds nothing. Asks me to make sure the battery is charged (which it is).

Bluetooth is on and it can see the device in the local devices. But I can't even pair it there claiming it doesn't have a correct pin or password.

Has a scurry around their site and found one post up with no answer with the same issue. Have also looked up this thread to see if there was anything. Tried to 'modified' install as well to see if that would do the trick but nothing.

Bit stumped here... if anyone has any suggestions.

If it helps, phone is the Landvo L200 most of us bagged on here before Christmas...

Does that phone support Bluetooth LE (4.0)?

• Advertisement

gerryk wrote: »

Haven't the foggiest. Even just looked at the gearbest listing for the phone to see what it says for Bluetooth and just says that - Bluetooth
    Nothing more expressive

Haven't the foggiest. Even just looked at the gearbest listing for the phone to see what it says for Bluetooth and just says that - Bluetooth
    Nothing more expressive

Got in this morning, all up and running

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Got in this morning, all up and running

Thinking my problem lies with the Landvo. Managed to get it connected fine to the other half's S4 mini first time. So maybe the Bluetooth in the L200 isn't good enough for it? Be interested to see if any other people can pair the band to an L200.

Thinking my problem lies with the Landvo. Managed to get it connected fine to the other half's S4 mini first time. So maybe the Bluetooth in the L200 isn't good enough for it? Be interested to see if any other people can pair the band to an L200.

My issue wasnt the connecting, just the logging in and registering part was pretty seemless after that

Still not sure if I will use this at all long term, but its a nice little gadget to have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Review here says it uses LE. I think it's the same unit.
    gerryk wrote: »

Cannot get the notifications to work

Get a "Notifications Access is not Activated".

Anyone else had this/how to resolve?

Edit : resolved had to make a change in security settings

Getting the gesture status check to work.

Found this description on a blog which actually works if you want to get the status of the daily goal to work consistently, using the led lights on the band.

" Start in a standing position with your arms and hands handing down by your side. It’s difficult to get it to work while sitting. Then, what you’re going to do is to bring your hands up into a position in-front of you as if you were going to read time off a wrist watch. Swing your hand slightly forward and upward. No need to be fast, but don’t go too slow. Make sure the Mi Band stops slightly elevated at an angle facing you, not parallel to the ground. Then, hold it steady in that position for a few moments, about one to two second, and wait for the LEDs to light up."

The key bit seems to be having the angle of your wrist pointed upwards a bit at the end (i.e. the miband silver bit an an angle pointed upwards on your wrist) and waiting a second. you don't need to move your arm up jerkily or really fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Sorry if this is an old question, but does this monitor heart rate/pulse? Is so is it accurate at all?

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Sorry if this is an old question, but does this monitor heart rate/pulse? Is so is it accurate at all?

No

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

MoodeRator wrote: »

Unfortunately not but this is around €15, even some €150 ones don't do that!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Not sure if its been posted here, probably has but there is an updated version of the software on the site that makes the thing vibrate when you get messages\viber\facebook, basically every app on your phone you can turn on or off. its pretty cool.

http://en.miui.com/thread-53761-1-1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ast71ttr

I have received my band today and there was a yellow sticker attached on the envelope. It says "Goods not fulfilling the conditions prescribed by Articles 9 and 10 of the Treaty establishing the European Economic Community" Any ideas what it means?
    I ordered the band on the 20th from Gearbest and paid $1 for NL post if that has anything to do with it.

Btw, thanks to OP for posting this deal and all the other helpful people in this thread.

ast71ttr wrote: »
    I have received my band today and there was a yellow sticker attached on the envelope. It says "Goods not fulfilling the conditions prescribed by Articles 9 and 10 of the Treaty establishing the European Economic Community" Any ideas what it means?
    I ordered the band on the 20th from Gearbest and paid $1 for NL post if that has anything to do with it.

Btw, thanks to OP for posting this deal and all the other helpful people in this thread.

https://thomas.vanhoutte.be/miniblog/explained-yellow-sticker-on-package-goods-do-not-meet-the-requirement-of-article-9/

your item was fulfilled by NL post but did not originate in EU so duties can still be valid to be added on so this sticker informs destination country of this. However as value not exceeding max allowable value for no duties, no action taken.

glasso wrote: »
    Getting the gesture status check to work.

Found this description on a blog which actually works if you want to get the status of the daily goal to work consistently, using the led lights on the band.

" Start in a standing position with your arms and hands handing down by your side. It’s difficult to get it to work while sitting. Then, what you’re going to do is to bring your hands up into a position in-front of you as if you were going to read time off a wrist watch. Swing your hand slightly forward and upward. No need to be fast, but don’t go too slow. Make sure the Mi Band stops slightly elevated at an angle facing you, not parallel to the ground. Then, hold it steady in that position for a few moments, about one to two second, and wait for the LEDs to light up."

The key bit seems to be having the angle of your wrist pointed upwards a bit at the end (i.e. the miband silver bit an an angle pointed upwards on your wrist) and waiting a second. you don't need to move your arm up jerkily or really fast.

No matter what I try I cannot get this to work!

However, every so often the lights go off but when I try the gesture it won't work.

Not a big deal anyway but annoying nonetheless.

Yup we need a Youtube vid....

Yup we need a Youtube vid....
    Yup! Great idea.

Gran/Glasso, can one of ye get the camera out and show us?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

What features does the gesture with the wrist provide bar some cool lights (my 4year old thinks so anyway)

I think it shows how much progress towards your daily exercise goal you've made....

What features does the gesture with the wrist provide bar some cool lights (my 4year old thinks so anyway)

Shows you your progress in your daily goal I think.

Example, 1 light, you're 33% completed your goal, 2 lights 66% etc.

• Advertisement

Yup! Great idea.

Gran/Glasso, can one of ye get the camera out and show us?:pac:

couldn't really be arsed doing a video tbh :)

it's not exactly mega useful in any case.

I'll try with another text description.

standing up, with your arms by your side, arms straight with fingers pointing to the ground, knuckles forward (i.e. can see your knuckles, not palm).
    bring arm up and fwd, i.e. bring your arm up keeping it straight. so you your wrist is not bent.
    once arm is just below your chest, bend your elbow bringing band twds you as if to going to read a watch.
    band is now say 7/8 inches away from your chest at that height.
    angle of band is 70 degrees. i.e. your wrist is an angle as if reading a watch.
    hold it there for one second.
    should flash

Advertisement