Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth Fitness Band €13.90 Delivered

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Raising your hand/wrist to view progress on the band is a somewhat tricky operation. I'll admit it takes several attempts to work for me.

Firstly, in app settings you have selected whether you wear on left or right wrist. When putting on wrist there are to ways to strap on (similar to how you could in theory west any watch upside down, try both).

To activate requires you to start with your hand at your hip. Raise upwards and towards your face, twisting your wrist. For me a somewhat over dramatic gesture works. It took me several goes to discover the technique. Once you find technique it becomes easier to repeat.

Anyhow it's no issue as you can quickly check progress on app and you can also set notification for hitting goal.

Sleep tracking works great. I've insomnia and am up several times most nights. Sometimes if I manually sync between sleeps during the night I'll find the next day it may loose one sleep period. Works fine majority of nights and tracks all.

I'm finding having the alarm gently wake you by notificatiob, even waking earlier to endure it wakes you in light sleep, works really well. I use in conjunction with a daylight alarm clock and find morning alarms much less intrusive and a shock awakening.

Battery now at 51%. Last charged New Years eve. Not bad for 22-23 days. (Heavier usage of alarms and notifications by me over last week).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Gran can you do a little step by step to get the hand gesture working?

No matter what I try it never works! I've looked up so many websites and none of them work!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Gran can you do a little step by step to get the hand gesture working?

No matter what I try it never works! I've looked up so many websites and none of them work!

I've mine down to a T now. Make sure your hand is by your side. Same motion as it your reading the time on watch just do it. However I usually in a slow motion leave the turning of the wrist part until the last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭sector_000

glasso wrote: »
    can anyone who got it delivered from Gearbest tell me how long (days) it took to move from the "Departed Sort Facility to IRELAND" to the next stage in the delivery process?

I can't find where that order tracking page used to be. Maybe they have changed the tracking format.

Anyways... I ordered on Dec 29... and just received one today :D
    I actually ordered 2 separately same day... 2nd one yet to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭sector_000

It comes in an unusually large box (10cm x 10cm x 7cm)....like the size you'd expect to get for a full blown watch from a jewellers. Doesn't fit thru a regular letter box.

• Advertisement

Finally arrived.
    Ordered 27th Dec
    Shipped 7th Jan
    Arrived 26th Jan

very poor processing and shipping, (get a lot better service from other China sites).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

Don't have this exact one but got one similar priced. Doesn't count the steps accurately.

in fairness, it's not a bad device for the money and has 1 month battery life and some level of waterproofing, which is a lot better than others. looks not so bad on the wrist either (black version with the silver actual device is not bad).

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭racersedge

glasso wrote: »
    Finally arrived.
    Ordered 27th Dec
    Shipped 7th Jan
    Arrived 26th Jan

very poor processing and shipping, (get a lot better service from other China sites).

Thanks for that update... ordered my own on 29th, was classed as 'shipped' on the 31st. (Of course, whether it was actually done by then is another thing. Went with the free shipping so that Swiss post tracker is pretty useless beyond one site that someone posted earlier to track it with. Bit of luck, since you ordered yours on the 27th, fingers crossed it will arrive later this week... hopefully.

I ordered mine from the top seller of them on AliExpress. Got it in 8 days along with the blue official strap but it cost me €24. Basically you guys are getting it cheaper for a reason i.e a much longer wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

I ordered mine on Jan 11th, was shipped by NL post on 13th, and it arrived just a few mins ago, even though the tracking page is still showing absolutely no tracking information! I'm off to set it up now, I'm using iOS, so I'll see how it goes...

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Mandzhalas

O have ordered mine on 1st of January. It was shipped with NL post option on 12th. Still haven't received it and tracking code does not work...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

I ordered mine from the top seller of them on AliExpress. Got it in 8 days along with the blue official strap but it cost me €24. Basically you guys are getting it cheaper for a reason i.e a much longer wait.
    Why do people feel the need to point out there will be a long wait for these?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,494 ✭✭✭brevity

14-Jan-2015 01:40 PM Departed Warehouse to Sort Facility.
    14-Jan-2015 05:23 PM Shipment picked up.
    15-Jan-2015 01:40 PM Departed Sort Facility to IRELAND

*Pokes screen*

Hurry uuuuuuup!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

02-Jan-2015 05:55 PM Departed Warehouse to Sort Facility.
    02-Jan-2015 09:38 PM Shipment picked up.
    03-Jan-2015 05:55 PM Departed Sort Facility to IRELAND

Any day now!

woohoo, arrived earlier.:) now to see if its any good.

zweton wrote: »
    woohoo, arrived earlier.:) now to see if its any good.

Was at the gym today and I'm actually pretty shocked by its accuracy, bang on

Great little device!

It says you spent most of your time eyeing up the ladies? :D

Was at the gym today and I'm actually pretty shocked by its accuracy, bang on

Great little device!

How do i set it up:D Theres an app to download right?

How do i set it up:D Theres an app to download right?

Go on the PlayStore and search MiBand, the app will show up, if you've an iPhone do the same.

Register an account, enter a phone number and a password basically and turn on Bluetooth.

Follow the rest of the steps and that's it really!

Grand little thing really!

• Advertisement

It says you spent most of your time eyeing up the ladies? :D

10 minutes, weight lifting.

30 minutes, eying up girlies.

Seems accurate alright!:pac:

I'm a bit lazy and have only just set mine up. Of course the first thing I noticed was the Miband is half the size of the Sony which is a very good thing when you're wearing it constantly.

Probably more to do with average wrist size of it's intended demographic than anything but still....

I'm a bit lazy and have only just set mine up. Of course the first thing I noticed was the Miband is half the size of the Sony which is a very good thing when you're wearing it constantly.

Probably more to do with average wrist size of it's intended demographic than anything but still....

Hard to say it without coming off a bit... Eh but...

It's made for Asian wrists which are a lot smaller than your typical Irish wrist.

I have it on the first one and it's still a bit tight but for under €15 I can't complain!

better charge her up! how long does it take roughly for full charge.

better charge her up! how long does it take roughly for full charge.

Not long at all, mine came and it said last charged 331 days ago!

Battery lasts about a month on these guys.

milky88 wrote: »
    A cheap band for iOS devices would b nice

MiBand works fine with IOS!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,880 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

milky88 wrote: »
    A cheap band for iOS devices would b nice
    This works on iOS no?

gmisk wrote: »
    This works on iOS no?

Yep! Works perfect.

have to say that the most interesting part for me is the sleep tracking - interesting to see how much sleep you actually get in a week. I do a fair bit of sport so the pedometer aspect is not that interesting for me. also, the vibrate alarm is pretty cool. haven't really seen a big need for the notifications aspect either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Mr Jinx

Finally arrived!!!

Advertisement