Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas mass

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

I'm not in the business of supporting organisations that facilitate the systematic rape of little children, among other horrible things.

So no, I won't be going to mass.

So I suppose you don't vote for any government at elections, or call the guards, or in general interact in any way with the parts of society that turned a blind eye to abuses at that time?

Support your child rapist priests and the covering up of same by the heirarchy, but please don't be surprised when people ridicule your beliefs and actions because they are stupid!!!

No generalisations allowed except with it comes to the Catholic Church :rolleyes:, yet again the ignorance of people is demonstrated. Nobody supports the actions of a tiny tiny number of priests, especially Catholics and going to mass certainly doesn't.
    danrua01 wrote: »
    Plenty of scientific people also have faith.

Me being one and I know of a number of other scientists who do, at least one being a very well known and respected physicist.
    GarIT wrote: »
    Did I say anything untrue?

See my first reply above.
    seamus wrote: »
    Oh, I could arrange a babysitter alright, but that doesn't mean I'm going to. I've decided to stay in because my wife called dibs on going out first, but I don't have to be happy about it.

Where as I and my whole family will go to mass and then all go to the pub and enjoy a few pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,728 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Going to midnight mass.

We live in a free society, those complaining about people going to mass can be happy they are free not to go if they don't want to, and if it is to keep a relation happy, that is their choice.

I just wonder if they will follow in the footsteps of St Nicholas as well as the three wise men and give presents out this Christmas...since they dislike religion so much...I expect excuses for giving out presents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

RobertKK wrote: »
    Going to midnight mass.

We live in a free society, those complaining about people going to mass can be happy they are free not to go if they don't want to, and if it is to keep a relation happy, that is their choice.

I just wonder if they will follow in the footsteps of St Nicholas as well as the three wise men and give presents out this Christmas...since they dislike religion so much...I expect excuses for giving out presents.

Gift giving existed before the birth of Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Nope, I'll be using the same excuse I made last year. "I'll keep an eye on the fire so it doesn't go out" while sipping cold beer on the couch,

While my mother calls me "A Pagan" before dragging my sisters to mass with her :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

danrua01 wrote: »
    Plenty of scientific people also have faith. I'm not one of them but there's no call to belittle or berate people for no reason other than your own enjoyment. If a thread's not for you, keep out of it.
    I was countering a post that called anyone who doesn't believe in god as ignorant. I didn't belittle anyone I just pointed out some facts. If you think that facts belittle the religious argument then I agree with you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

I will be going, Going to mass at Christmas is what defines our Irish Catholic identity. That, ticking the census box and having your kids school take care of the rest.
    Happy Christmas to all the boardsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,728 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

efb wrote: »
    Gift giving existed before the birth of Jesus

Ok, do you give them on Christmas day and have you a record of giving them on Christmas day?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I think that's enough generalisations, abuse and trolling for one thread

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement