Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi 20 euro voucher [upcoming] in Sindo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

"VOUCHER ALERT: Grab your €10 off voucher when you spend €50 or more in store - In tomorrow's Sunday Independent. Enjoy:)"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Tomorrow- as in- the 4th of Jan?
    I thought they were only in the run-up to Christmas.
    Happy days- if they do have it.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

we normally spend €75 so will be nice to get a tenner off

Tomorrow- as in- the 4th of Jan?
    I thought they were only in the run-up to Christmas.
    Happy days- if they do have it.......

It was posted on their Facebook page 4 hours ago.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Fair dues to Aldi & Lidl.
    Wonder how much they have saved boards members last few months?
    I just gave one to a random shopper in tesco who had a trolley full of stuff she was delighted I wouldn't have spent €100 in tesco today and the voucher has todays date on it

I did the same on NYE.
    Went into Aldi with 2 €20 off a €100 spend vouchers and after stocking up with €105 worth of wine (Nett 85 :D), I couldn't bring myself to buy another €100 worth of booze so just gave it to a family who were buying their shopping for the next 6 months by the looks of it, their spend was nearly €150 with no booze! :eek:
    Didn't think it would be possible to spend that much in Aldi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

You pay for the goods with the gift card vouchers and then get another 10 off a 50 spend (assume that would be the voucher) using a new Aldi voucher.
    So €50 worth of goods for €30 :).
    It would work out as €60 worth of goods for €40. This is presuming you do it over two transactions and use a €10/50 Aldi/Lidl voucher each time ... and that you are allowed to buy giftcards in Tesco using the vouchers, people have had different experiences in doing that. And also that you are allowed to pay for giftcards with a giftcard. The transactions can't be done at SCO, they must be done at a manned checkout as the cashier has to load the giftcards.

Transaction 1
    Buy one €40 and one €10 Tesco giftcards
    Subtotal: €50
    Apply €10/50 Aldi/Lidl voucher
    Total out of pocket: €40

Transaction 2
    Subtotal: €40
    Pay with €40 giftcard from Transaction 1
    Total out of pocket: €0

Final result is that you have spent €40 and in return received €60 in Tesco giftcards - two €10 and one €40.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Fair dues to Aldi & Lidl.
    Wonder how much they have saved boards members last few months?

I used the entire lot over the 5 weeks of the World having both, so €110 minus 4x2.65 - 99.40

Now, I'm fairly sure I bought at least a tenner of stuff I absolutely didn't need (to hit 50s in Lidl or Aldi rather than using them in Tesco) alongside the inevitable over-stocking on other items... nothing that'll go out of date though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

I did my shopping yesterday because I was sure there'd be no more vouchers :( €68 so won't need much next week. I suppose I can always stock up the cupboards and freezer. Not missing out on what is effectively free stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭monicaali

i used them all as well, for aldi and lidl

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭monicaali

Whiplashy wrote: »
    I did my shopping yesterday because I was sure there'd be no more vouchers :( €68 so won't need much next week. I suppose I can always stock up the cupboards and freezer. Not missing out on what is effectively free stuff!

i didnt need much, but wasnt letting my 20 off 100 spend go to waste for aldi, so stocked my freezer and cupboards there on wednesday, as it was the last day for use ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭JTMan

vicwatson wrote: »
    It was posted on their Facebook page 4 hours ago.

Confirmed on Twitter here too ( https://twitter.com/Aldi_Ireland/status/551453000477061120 )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

JTMan wrote: »

A newspaper, is that one of them yokes when they print out yesterday's news on paper, throw in some adverts and then expect you to pay for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,846 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

A newspaper, is that one of them yokes when they print out yesterday's news on paper, throw in some adverts and then expect you to pay for it?

nope

they expect us to buy this so we can get a tenner off the shopping

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

JTMan wrote: »

& i thought with the €20 voucher was the last one with Aldi before xmas, as there was only 1 €10 voucher left from Lidl & that was that? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The ranting & raving forum is that way
    >

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭radooo

can i use aldi voucher from sunday independent in lidl? alternatively where can we get lidl vouchers? thanks.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

radooo wrote: »
    can i use aldi voucher from sunday independent in lidl? alternatively where can we get lidl vouchers? thanks.
    No, could probably use it in Tesco though.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

leck wrote: »
    It would work out as €60 worth of goods for €40. This is presuming you do it over two transactions and use a €10/50 Aldi/Lidl voucher each time ... and that you are allowed to buy giftcards in Tesco using the vouchers, people have had different experiences in doing that. And also that you are allowed to pay for giftcards with a giftcard. The transactions can't be done at SCO, they must be done at a manned checkout as the cashier has to load the giftcards.

Transaction 1
    Total out of pocket: €40

Transaction 2
    Subtotal: €40
    Pay with €40 giftcard from Transaction 1
    Total out of pocket: €0

Final result is that you have spent €40 and in return received €60 in Tesco giftcards - two €10 and one €40.

It was difficult enough to get them to accept the voucher for one gift card, paying again with another one might just blow the cashiers mind :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

No, only in Aldi or Tesco.

Lidl sometimes do their own vouchers but it's unlikely that they'll have any until closer to St. Patrick's Day

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭radooo

thanks for the clarification. are lidl vouchers available in any of the newspapers at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

thanks for the clarification. are lidl vouchers available in any of the newspapers at the moment?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Does anyone have the valid until date for today's voucher?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Moody_mona wrote: »
    Does anyone have the valid until date for today's voucher?

The 11th.
    Its on page 13.

If anyone feels it's unlucky having no it on p. 13 I'll take it off your hands :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

If I buy ink cartridges in tesco, can the Aldi voucher be used to reduce amount?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Monkeyjoe

honeybear wrote: »
    If I buy ink cartridges in tesco, can the Aldi voucher be used to reduce amount?

Yip as long as you buy €50 worth of stuff.

The 11th.
    Its on page 13.

If anyone feels it's unlucky having no it on p. 13 I'll take it off your hands :)

The bloody size of the voucher (compared to the last ones) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

mailburner wrote: »
    nope

they expect us to buy this so we can get a tenner off the shopping

The way I look at it is , you get a 7 euro voucher and some free paper to start fire on the cold mornings on top . Top banana !!!!!!

I just spent 160 euro and split it into 3 shops and saved 21 euros.

I'm now off to tesco to buy some smellys and baby pounder and save another 7 euros .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Monkeyjoe wrote: »
    Yip as long as you buy €50 worth of stuff.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

caycro wrote: »
    It was difficult enough to get them to accept the voucher for one gift card, paying again with another one might just blow the cashiers mind :-)
    Agreed, I wouldn't try this myself. I wouldn't even try a transaction for gift card only without throwing a few groceries in with them. I did get a few gift cards using the vouchers, my most daring was using the 20/100 voucher last week - I picked up 10 Euro worth of groceries and added in a 90 Euro Tesco gift card. This was in Tesco Dundrum. The cashier was a young guy, he looked at the voucher then scurried off with it without saying anything, presumably to check with a manager. He was gone 3-4 minutes while a queue built up behind me. He came back, made no comment and then manually put the voucher through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Didn't see any vouchers in the paper, let alone mentioned on the front of the Sindo or SunWorld, usually get the voucher of someone else as the person wouldn't spend that much, but was away on Sun & didn't see any at all :confused:

Advertisement