Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi 20 euro voucher [upcoming] in Sindo

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭TOMP

Meet you all here again at Easter time!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Netty2

😀

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Dunnes is running Shop & Save again for the whole month of January so I wouldn't be at all surprised if we see more Aldi vouchers in next Sunday's papers.

Keep your eyes peeled folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Quackster wrote: »
    Dunnes is running Shop & Save again for the whole month of January so I wouldn't be at all surprised if we see more Aldi vouchers in next Sunday's papers.

Keep your eyes peeled folks!

fair play to them
    they're the only lot competing against the germans

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭raviravi

I have one spare €20 off €100 spend for Aldi I'm in North kildarw if anyone is interested in it could not guarantee it would arrive in the post by Wednesday as I'm not sure if the post office is open tomorrow otherwise I will just give it to someone random in the shop with a full trolley 😃

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭bromley52

raviravi wrote: »
    I have one spare €20 off €100 spend for Aldi I'm in North kildarw if anyone is interested in it could not guarantee it would arrive in the post by Wednesday as I'm not sure if the post office is open tomorrow otherwise I will just give it to someone random in the shop with a full trolley 😃

Why don't you just buy yourself a €100 tesco gift card for €80 or 2 x €50 cards. It's valid for 5 years. Then at any stage you can buy an Argos, Debenhams etc card with it, or use it in Tesco itself.

raviravi wrote: »
    I have one spare €20 off €100 spend for Aldi I'm in North kildarw if anyone is interested in it could not guarantee it would arrive in the post by Wednesday as I'm not sure if the post office is open tomorrow otherwise I will just give it to someone random in the shop with a full trolley ��

Today (Monday) is a bank holiday so there's no collection or delivery of post (although the post offices are open). And with the Christmas backlog, there'd be a high risk of it not being delivered on time if you did post it.

I must say I like the idea of just presenting it to a ramdomer in your local Tesco - rather appropriate considering the festive season !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,827 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Today (Monday) is a bank holiday so there's no collection or delivery of post (although the post offices are open).
    Today, Monday, is not a bank holiday. All post offices and mail deliveries are back to normal and all banks are open.

muffler wrote: »
    Today, Monday, is not a bank holiday. All post offices and mail deliveries are back to normal and all banks are open.

Incorrect I'm afraid. It's like Good Friday, not an official public holiday but a bank holiday by custom.

From An Post themselves (scroll to bottom of page):

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/ChristmasChannel/Christmas+Postal+Dates.htm

And most, if not all, bank branches are closed today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Looks like the post offices are open?

Monday December 29 Normal business hours

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

muffler wrote: »

Nope. Banks not back till tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 45,827 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I googled bank holidays and it seems that what I read was wrong. I delved a little deeper and I see that they are in fact closed today. Apologies :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,104 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Looks like the post offices are open?
    post offices are open but no deliveries afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Today (Monday) is a bank holiday so there's no collection or delivery of post (although the post offices are open). And with the Christmas backlog, there'd be a high risk of it not being delivered on time if you did post it.

I must say I like the idea of just presenting it to a ramdomer in your local Tesco - rather appropriate considering the festive season !! :D

Gave a lidl 10 off 50 voucher to a randomer family in Tesco last Sat as wasnt going to use it, they seemed genuinely delighted and I was happy it wasnt wasted either.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭kimmykins

vicwatson wrote:
    Gave a lidl 10 off 50 voucher to a randomer family in Tesco last Sat as wasnt going to use it, they seemed genuinely delighted and I was happy it wasnt wasted either.

lovely thing to do :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

kimmykins wrote: »
    lovely thing to do :)

I wonder are Tesco strict on expiry date of these lidl voucher?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Netty2

Quackster wrote:

hi there. do you know if tesco accept these vouchers. Just got one in Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    I wonder are Tesco strict on expiry date of these lidl voucher?

I have had vouchers checked for dates at the checkout so I would imagine Tesco staff have been instructed to this, but then you could be lucky and get away with an out of date one. Worth a shot if you're prepared to pay full whack if your voucher is refused :rolleyes:

Netty2 wrote: »
    hi there. do you know if tesco accept these vouchers. Just got one in Dunnes.

Yeah, Tesco accept them. It's worth pointing out again though that if you only have one, you're much better off using it in Dunnes as you'll get another one back in your receipt. But if you've multiple vouchers, it can make sense using some in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

what is RANDOM is whether Tesco will let you buy a gift card with it or not - got refused in the same store yesterday, where I had bought one previously on Christmas Eve, and even though I showed them the receipt, they would let me use a voucher to buy the gift card. I was buying a Tesco gift card too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭willbur

HI was was in Dunnes in Nutgrove which does not sell food and was told they wont take aldi 20 euro vouchers , anyone else have this happen , so should i go to Dunnes in Cornelcourt , PS you can get back issues of the sunday indo in there puplic office in Talbot street dublin 1 , i got 2 today at 10,am will use them on tuesday

bromley52 wrote: »
    Why don't you just buy yourself a €100 tesco gift card for €80 or 2 x €50 cards. It's valid for 5 years. Then at any stage you can buy an Argos, Debenhams etc card with it, or use it in Tesco itself.

they wouldnt let me do this today in galway (shopping centre)
    the cashier thought it would be ok...went off to ask someone and came
    back saying it was ok
    it was only when they were practically all gone through that some lad
    ran down and stopped her saying the manager said no

will try a different tesco tomorrow but not holding out too much hope but
    someone at the checkout will be getting 20 off their shopping if it fails so both
    vouchers will costing tesco a few quid

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

willbur wrote:
    HI was was in Dunnes in Nutgrove which does not sell food and was told they wont take aldi 20 euro vouchers , anyone else have this happen , so should i go to Dunnes in Cornelcourt , PS you can get back issues of the sunday indo in there puplic office in Talbot street dublin 1 , i got 2 today at 10,am will use them on tuesday

Dunnes don't take Aldi vouchers! !

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

willbur wrote: »
    The vouchers can only be used on groceries or drink not on clothes that's why Nutgrove wouldn't take them

so dunnes do take them ?

so dunnes do take them ?

dunnes don't
    tesco your only hope afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭ebbsy

holly8 wrote: »
    what is RANDOM is whether Tesco will let you buy a gift card with it or not - got refused in the same store yesterday, where I had bought one previously on Christmas Eve, and even though I showed them the receipt, they would let me use a voucher to buy the gift card. I was buying a Tesco gift card too!

They didn't take them for gift cards in Kildare town, so I spent me cash elsewhere.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Last 20 quid Aldi + 8 quid Clubcard voucher used. We shall not see their like again....

Until either Paddys Weekend or Easter - or probably between the two, that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭TOMP

Do they charge full whack for them?

• Advertisement

Advertisement