Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi 20 euro voucher [upcoming] in Sindo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

L1011 wrote: »
    As Supervalu are a franchise it would be almost certainly down to an individual franchise owners decision to take them or not - its definitely not chainwide.

Thanks, as my mum spent well over €100 on a lot of wine there & thought pity you couldn't use the vouchers there? Will enquire now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

mad m wrote: »
    Do dunnes take these vouchers also?

No. just tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Got my indo with aldi vouchers on page 2. The only insert was an aldi mag and a shop at home 2page advert. Have I been conned ? Is there anything I can do to get the lidl vouchers . My village only has a lidl .. No aldi . Hopping mad now .

Got my indo with aldi vouchers on page 2. The only insert was an aldi mag and a shop at home 2page advert. Have I been conned ? Is there anything I can do to get the lidl vouchers . My village only has a lidl .. No aldi . Hopping mad now .

There's a contact no in the Indo, if you haven't received yours, they'll send one out afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭sector_000

There's a contact no in the Indo, if you haven't received yours, they'll send one out afaik.

What's the number? I too have the same issue... and I don't see any phone number :-(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Picked up 2 copies of the Sunday world yasterday for the gift cards.

Anyway 1st thing I did was use one of the aldi 20 euros off on a 100 euro gift card. Then I used another 20 euro one on another 100 euro give card.

So far for 160 euro I have 200 euros to use in tesco.

Then when paying for the shopping once the it reached 50 I used the 1st 10 euro off in lidl then when paying for it all I used the next 10 euro off.

So In the end I saved 60 euros off my x mess shop thanks op maybe bargin of the year for my mother anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

you must have got the light edition i.e the one thats not for sale. any full price indos had the voucher in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭sector_000

you must have got the light edition i.e the one thats not for sale. any full price indos had the voucher in them.

Not true in my case. €2.90.. and no Lidl brochure/flyer whatever :(

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

sector_000 wrote: »

email customer.services@lidl.ie - hang on to the paper, they'll look for the front page as proof of purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

In case people dont know.

YOu can use the lidl/aldi vouchers to buy gift cards in tesco...adding to your savings.:)

anyone who's thinking of buying thinking of a new fone....
    mailburner wrote: »
    thank you
    never thought of that and I'm switching to the tesco network next month meaning ill be able to get the S5 for 159 instead of 199 on a contract for the price of two newspapers

you can get 40 off the value of a new fone if its prepay only

they wont let you use the giftcard to get a billpay fone cheaper sadly
    lucky for me I rang them and the guy I spoke with didn't know either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

its soooooooo hard to spend 100 euro in aldi.
    despite buying a fair bit of festive goods on top of the usual shop it only came to 91.
    had to buy 3 more 6 packs of water and a Mars bar to bring it to 100.50 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

To clarify,

The light edition does not have the aldi voucher on page 2,

It seems you just did not get the Lidl brochure with to coupon on the back, you need to contact Lidl to tell them there was no brochure insert and where you bought t

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Used vouchers today in both Aldi and Tesco. Tesco would only take an Aldi or Lidl on the one shop so used the Aldi one. One poster mentioned that their tesco took both so it's defiantly not policy across all stores

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

I asked tesco on Facebook and they told me staff are only supposed to take 1 voucher..either a tesco one or another shops one!!

Posted this on another thread - it was my best use of those Aldi/Lidl vouchers in Tesco - "I'm a happy camper" !

Tesco Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc Story......

€14.00 per bottle (yeh right) = € 168.00

Special offer 6 for €50.00

Minus € 68.00

= €100.00 Plus 1 other item @ € 1.19

Bear with me now please !!

I introduce my Aldi € 20.00 off € 100.00 spend voucher and it brings it down to € 92.79 (as they also gave me 5% off per box of 6 bottles AT THE ORIGINAL PRICE ! = € 8.40)

I was "oh no I haven't reached the € 100.00 spend" so I said to the girl can I run to get another bottle to take it over the € 100.00 and she said no problem.

I took a bottle priced at € 8.50 which then brought the total to € 101.29

Then Tesco kindly gave me 5% of the 1 bottle that I bought for € 8.50 for some reason !! a princely sum of € 0.43

Total was € 100.86 for 13 bottles of wine and a pack of herbs !!

Meaning the Villa Maria worked out at € 5.97 per bottle of very nice Sauvignon Blanc !!

Thanks Tesco & Aldi

Merry Hicmas !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

LowOdour wrote: »
    Used vouchers today in both Aldi and Tesco. Tesco would only take an Aldi or Lidl on the one shop so used the Aldi one. One poster mentioned that their tesco took both so it's defiantly not policy across all stores
    tantipie wrote: »
    I asked tesco on Facebook and they told me staff are only supposed to take 1 voucher..either a tesco one or another shops one!!

had a €150 shop today in Tesco (bought christmas presents for two people along with our festive shop to cover the next two weeks) came to €150.61 exactly, he took both Aldi and lidl vouchers off so we paid a grand total of €120.61.

brilliant bargain! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

sector_000 wrote: »
    I also bought the full edition... However I e mailed lidl and received a prompt reply ..apologising .. They are posting me out the voucher ( not sure when I ll get it with the Christmas post , or when it expires though !! ) still good customer relations considering someone probably fecked my lidl brochure .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Thanks OP.
    Got the 20 and 10 quid vouchers in the Sunday World
    Used both in Tesco today. I asked cashier and he said he couldnt take both off 1 transaction but had no problem putting my shopping through 2 transactions.

It was more than €150 in total anyway so didnt make any difference.

I am only sorry I didnt get a few more Sunday Worlds as they are valid for another week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Can the vouchers be used to purchase gift cards? Is it a store by store basis

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Carlosthejakal

Ronin247 wrote: »

I don't know about others but Aldi do not sell gift cards

• Advertisement

Ronin247 wrote: »

Assuming you mean in Tesco...by all accounts it depends on the checkout person

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

km79 wrote: »
    its soooooooo hard to spend 100 euro in aldi.
    despite buying a fair bit of festive goods on top of the usual shop it only came to 91.
    had to buy 3 more 6 packs of water and a Mars bar to bring it to 100.50 :D

I did my Aldi shop with my voucher ... bottle Smirnoff at 15 and Bushmills 18 ... Hit the 100 mark and then some. Check out guy said he'd seen very few vouchers going through today....must all be in Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Bulling I missed out on the 6 for 40 or 50 in Tesco and to use the 20 off 100 Aldi voucher. Are SV accepting Aldi vouchers too?

I want to stock up on wine! At least the voucher is valid till the 31st of Dec so maybe Tesco will run another offer.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

bazwaldo wrote: »
    Are SV accepting Aldi vouchers too?

In general no. One or two individual franchisers are, apparently; but its not chain-wide at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,107 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

went to aldi there now- mental- spent 100.06 :) used my 20 euro voucher

vicwatson wrote: »
    Assuming you mean in Tesco...by all accounts it depends on the checkout person

I asked that in Tesco, customer service desk said no, only to buy groceries only.

But as you said it depends on the checkout person, as my mum was in Aldi today & i gave her the €20 off €100, so she handed it over at the checkout when finished & found out it reached the sum of €92, he said 'what the hell' & he let her go!

Whoever said it was just goodwill to all men :p:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

caycro wrote: »
    I did my Aldi shop with my voucher ... bottle Smirnoff at 15 and Bushmills 18 ... Hit the 100 mark and then some. Check out guy said he'd seen very few vouchers going through today....must all be in Tesco

Yeah id say most are being used in Tesco, Aldi are really kicking tesco in the shins with there vouchers:D

I asked that in Tesco, customer service desk said no, only to buy groceries only.

But as you said it depends on the checkout person, as my mum was in Aldi today & i gave her the €20 off €100, so she handed it over at the checkout when finished & found out it reached the sum of €92, he said 'what the hell' & he let her go!

Whoever said it was just goodwill to all men :p:)

went in Monday came to 91 euro cos they were out of stock of 3 things that I had planned on getting . was told had to make it 100
    said grand put thru 3 more 6 packs of water came to 99.85
    no joy again !
    had to buy a Mars bar
    its very difficult spend 100 euro in there with no booze :D

km79 wrote: »
    went in Monday came to 91 euro cos they were out of stock of 3 things that I had planned on getting . was told had to make it 100
    said grand put thru 3 more 6 packs of water came to 99.85
    no joy again !
    had to buy a Mars bar
    its very difficult spend 100 euro in there with no booze :D

Maybe there was a heck of a long queue to let her go?
    But it's crazy that you don't realise that you gotta spend more to get more off, just to get the bargain ;)

• Advertisement

Maybe there was a heck of a long queue to let her go?
    But it's crazy that you don't realise that you gotta spend more to get more off, just to get the bargain ;)

ah I did not mind . the water will be drank. in January :D
    I was only annoyed cos I had it all worked out perfect but due to the shelves being bare enuf a couple of things were not there
    only started shopping in aldi in July and I can't get over the value for money.
    have wasted so much money last few years in tesco etc

Advertisement