Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi 20 euro voucher [upcoming] in Sindo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The lips

I managed to use two e20 Aldi vouchers today, one for groceries, one for tesco vouchers. I left the e10 lidl vouchers I had at home, should have at least tried them I suppose.

I handed 4 over to unsuspecting customers at the till, they were well pleased.

I posted some to boards members, hopefully they will manage to get some use of them.

Until next time....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

anyone know how long these Dunnes receipt vouchers are running until? I got one today valid til the 8th Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Just used the aldi €20 off to get €90 of ticketmaster vouchers and €10 tesco voucher in Tesco Parnell St.
    Then I got the Sunday Indo for the Sunday 21st Dec down in Talbot St, will be repeating it later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

casio4 wrote: »
    anyone know how long these Dunnes receipt vouchers are running until? I got one today valid til the 8th Jan

for the month of jan

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭raviravi

raviravi wrote: »
    I have one spare €20 off €100 spend for Aldi I'm in North kildarw if anyone is interested in it could not guarantee it would arrive in the post by Wednesday as I'm not sure if the post office is open tomorrow otherwise I will just give it to someone random in the shop with a full trolley 😃

I gave the voucher to a lady in maynooth who was very appreciative and had a full trolley:). Happy New Year all bargain hunters!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

raviravi wrote: »
    I gave the voucher to a lady in maynooth who was very appreciative and had a full trolley:). Happy New Year all bargain hunters!

did that myself once to a lady, it was a spend €50, save €10 voucher, she was trying to give me €5 for it! I ran off before she could get it shoved into my kids coat pocket!!

mailburner wrote: »
    they wouldnt let me do this today in galway (shopping centre)
    the cashier thought it would be ok...went off to ask someone and came
    back saying it was ok
    it was only when they were practically all gone through that some lad
    ran down and stopped her saying the manager said no

will try a different tesco tomorrow but not holding out too much hope but
    someone at the checkout will be getting 20 off their shopping if it fails so both
    vouchers will costing tesco a few quid

tried a different tesco and presto and that was after trying the galway shopping centre again and again they refused them (no probs whatsoever in oranmore)
    got giftcards for tesco and next
    samsung s5 here i come...:D

on another note you can use giftcards to purchase a fone on bill pay providing
    its only used as part payment....came from the lad in galway selling them
    you have to pay a month up front so my laser can be used for that so an S5 for 160 it is then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Used the €20 voucher in Tesco today. I went pure mad though.
    I don't shop in Tesco too often (usually Supervalu/ALDI/Dunnes) but I thought they were quite expensive for many items.

Used the €20 voucher in Tesco today. I went pure mad though.
    I don't shop in Tesco too often (usually Supervalu/ALDI/Dunnes) but I thought they were quite expensive for many items.

booze and frys turkish delight for the win :D
    Ill hit them again next week with a 50...10 euro worth of turkish delights (16 or so) and they are cheapest with my beers

you have to be awful selective in tesco..50 is enough to spend there before you
    end up paying over the odds for other stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Will there be more aldi vochuers in the Independent this weekend ? Never availed of this offer but would like too as I've mh eye on a tablet which is over €200 so I would save a few bob.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Very unlikely to be any before mid March

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭cw67irl

When does the last voucher expire?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

edit: got my dates wrong

cw67irl wrote: »

close of business today afaik

mailburner wrote: »
    close of business today afaik

I'd forgotten it was NYE already - you're correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

cw67irl wrote: »

yeah today, I just gave one to a random shopper in tesco who had a trolley full of stuff she was delighted I wouldn't have spent €100 in tesco today and the voucher has todays date on it

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

Got my Tesco gift cards with €10 off each one, thanks for that idea fellow Boardsie ... saving me 20% through January shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

caycro wrote: »
    Got my Tesco gift cards with €10 off each one, thanks for that idea fellow Boardsie ... saving me 20% through January shopping.

Tesco gift cards? How does one avail of these?

lowbatt07 wrote: »
    Tesco gift cards? How does one avail of these?

you buy them as normal but the spend and save coupons can be used to
    purchase them be it the paper ones or dunnes money off ones etc

There is a stand of gift cards near the check outs, you bring one to the check out and they scan it and add the credit to it. I added €50 credit, handed over my voucher so I have a prepaid gift card with a €50 value for €40 (did this three times :-) ). No panic buying to get the use of the vouchers, use them at your leisure in January.

• Advertisement

There is a stand of gift cards near the check outs, you bring one to the check out and they scan it and add the credit to it. I added €50 credit, handed over my voucher so I have a prepaid gift card with a €50 value for €40 (did this three times :-) ). No panic buying to get the use of the vouchers, use them at your leisure in January.

Or - hold on to them next time the vouchers come around. I've used gift cards from market research work loads of times with them so they're very unlikely to refuse higher value ones.

This does require locking up rather a lot of capital, though.

L1011 wrote: »
    Or - hold on to them next time the vouchers come around. I've used gift cards from market research work loads of times with them so they're very unlikely to refuse higher value ones.

This does require locking up rather a lot of capital, though.

I'm sorry but I don't understand, why would I hold on to the gift cards until the next round of vouchers. I've already saved 20% buying the gift cards?

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

You pay for the goods with the gift card vouchers and then get another 10 off a 50 spend (assume that would be the voucher) using a new Aldi voucher.
    So €50 worth of goods for €30 :).

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

they refused to take my 20 off 100 spend aldi voucher in exchange for a 100 gift card in tesco mahon point on NYE. the "lady" was quite rude about it actually. she said they would honor it against a spend over 100 alright but not on voucher. I went over to Aldi and stocked up household/non perishables. think i will let tesco complaints know about it if they have a complaints desk. shockingly rude customer service

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Anyone used these vouchers to get Tesco Gift cards and in turn use these gift cards to buy other vouchers instores such as Argos etc. ?

Any word yet if there are money off vouchers in this weekend's papers?

they refused to take my 20 off 100 spend aldi voucher in exchange for a 100 gift card in tesco mahon point on NYE. the "lady" was quite rude about it actually. she said they would honor it against a spend over 100 alright but not on voucher. I went over to Aldi and stocked up household/non perishables. think i will let tesco complaints know about it if they have a complaints desk. shockingly rude customer service

Their T&Cs specifically say they don't accept them for vouchers, and it was just luck if they were accepted by mistake. You're wasting your time complaining.
    I'm sorry but I don't understand, why would I hold on to the gift cards until the next round of vouchers. I've already saved 20% buying the gift cards?

Save a further 20% then - pay with the gift card, use a voucher. Not an option if you can't hold on to the cards till then.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

I did send in a complaint but it wasn't so much focussed on the voucher more the attitude i received from the staff. This is what p!$$ed me off. It costs nothing to be civil be it in aldi/tesco/anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Keithmc40

Just seen on aldi Facebook page €10 off €50 in tomorrow's sindo

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭dm1979

Keithmc40 wrote: »
    Just seen on aldi Facebook page €10 off €50 in tomorrow's sindo

it does you know!!!!!!
    happy new year from aldi!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Get in there

Advertisement