Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you vote in the gay marriage referendum?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

1123heavy wrote: »
    I thought this argument was long dead. What part of NO don't you people understand ? You will not be able to force your nonsense upon those unwilling to accept it, be it through bullying or otherwise (unfortunately the yes people see it as their "right" to shoot anyone with a different opinion to them out of the air under the thinly veiled cover of "supporting equality")

I thought this argument was long dead. What part of YES don't you people understand? You will not be able to force your nonsense upon those unwilling to accept it, be it through bullying or otherwise (unfortunately the no people see it as their "right" to shoot anyone with a different opinion to them out of the air under the thinly veiled cover of "preserving marriage")

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I thought this argument was long dead. What part of YES don't you people understand? You will not be able to force your nonsense upon those unwilling to accept it, be it through bullying or otherwise (unfortunately the no people see it as their "right" to shoot anyone with a different opinion to them out of the air under the thinly veiled cover of "preserving marriage")

;)

I was gonna reply to it too but there's no point after that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭1123heavy

and the prize for the stupidest post ever seen on these hollowed forums goes to our friend from Donegal, congratulations Doc.

I may just give up talking to you peoplee, we will let the voting speak for itself. Right now I will get more across while speaking to a wall, you people are so hellbent on changing nature you are being blinded by your own happy fantasies.

I certainly hope I'm not around on the day it becomes acceptable in Ireland for same sex people to be engaging in all sorts of sexual behaviour in the middle of shopping centres, restaurants etc. (and before you say it is already happening, no it is NOT)

On reading into the animal homosexuality thing a bit more, over 450 animal species engage on homosexual acts. One engages in the persecution of those who engage in said acts. Can anyone guess which one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

I think what made me see sense, was imagining my son growing up and if he was gay, not being able to marry who he loves, the way I married my husband.

I couldn't look him in the eye knowing I had a chance to change it and voted no. And for what reason? It won't have any impact on my life, but eh....nature?

• Advertisement

and the prize for the stupidest post ever seen on these hollowed forums goes to our friend from Donegal, congratulations Doc.

I may just give up talking to you peoplee, we will let the voting speak for itself. Right now I will get more across while speaking to a wall, you people are so hellbent on changing nature you are being blinded by your own happy fantasies.

I certainly hope I'm not around on the day it becomes acceptable in Ireland for same sex people to be engaging in all sorts of sexual behaviour in the middle of shopping centres, restaurants etc. (and before you say it is already happening, no it is NOT)

I was making the point that such a shallow and ill founded argument can easily be turned around to reflect the opposite viewpoint because there is literally no substance to it.

Ah we're onto the natural thing again. Perhaps you missed my post asking why something observed in many species worldwide is seen unnatural? Any answers for us on that one?

Ihatecuddles - That needn't be a fear for you my good friend, now assuming you provide a proper upbringing it won't be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Try.

Harder.

Eh I hope I'm not around if its ever acceptable to be doing anything sexual in a shopping centre. I'd grimace looking at a straight couple snogging the face off each other, nothing to do with sexuality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

Genuinely laughed at this. You poor petrified person, you! Hilarious! Slippery slopes all over Tescos with big hairy bears just desperate to grab you and give you a good seeing to beside the cereal and biscuits ...I can see it now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

If you don’t believe in gay marriage you’re a dickhead because…it’s got nothing to do ****ing with you. Doesn’t matter who loves who or who wants to be with who. It’s none of your ****ing business. If you hate gay marriage, you know what you should do?

DON’T MARRY A GAY PERSON

That’ll be your little way of getting around it, that’ll ****ing show the gays eh?

Ihatecuddles - That needn't be a fear for you my good friend, now assuming you provide a proper upbringing it won't be.

Surely you're not implying people with a proper upbringing won't turn out to be gay? That would be reprehensible even by your standards.

If he's gay then I've failed as a parent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Has anyone managed to post anything about voting no while backing it up with facts? Plenty of "just because" but nothing showing stuff proven to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

That's evil-minded and full of sh1t. How dare you?

Besides, I'm not afraid of my son being gay. He is or he isn't - he'll be perfectly himself, whichever way he turns out. You've insulted me deeply here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Eh I hope I'm not around if its ever acceptable to be doing anything sexual in a shopping centre. I'd grimace looking at a straight couple snogging the face off each other, nothing to do with sexuality.

I can't walk through me local coffee shop for all the rimming going on. It puts me right off the brownies...

Has anyone managed to post anything about voting no while backing it up with facts? Plenty of "just because" but nothing showing stuff proven to be true.

When asked for facts they tend to either repeat the same thing but angrier or more defensive, or disappear like farts in the wind.

If you don’t believe in gay marriage you’re a dickhead because…it’s got nothing to do ****ing with you. Doesn’t matter who loves who or who wants to be with who. It’s none of your ****ing business. If you hate gay marriage, you know what you should do?

DON’T MARRY A GAY PERSON

That’ll be your little way of getting around it, that’ll ****ing show the gays eh?

GO ON SHADOW !!! let out all the anger, I can picture you smashing your head off a wall right now with the anger in that post.

Now in a much more civilised manner I will calmly walk into my local polling station, I will queue in an orderly fashion and calmy mark my desired box on the sheet of paper. THAT is how we express our opinion in this country, NOT through a foul mouthed tirade as you have just given an example of, if anything, after reading that drivel I will be voting NO more than ever.

May I recommend you turn off your device and take a walk ? It seems like you could do with one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

When asked for facts they tend to either repeat the same thing but angrier or more defensive, or disappear like farts in the wind.

But they sound so certain, obviously Im missing something but nobody is willing to share :(

Notice nobody has been around to warn people about not saying mean things about others because it turns people away, unless saying stuff like you are unnatural and people wont become gay with a good upbringing is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Surely you're not implying people with a proper upbringing won't turn out to be gay? That would be reprehensible even by your standards.

I was wondering when the "being QUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE is a choice!" crowd would show up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

What a disgusting post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

If you need any other reason for voting yes just imagine how fabulous a gay wedding would be. Fabulous I tell ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Y'know, much as I hate homophobic people, I'd genuinely have more respect for a 'no' voter here if he or she came right out and said 'I don't like gay people.'

I would completely disagree with their view, but I'd have to respect them for being honest, instead of the bull****, half assed excuses bigots are using on this thread.

Notice how he ignores the posts asking questions and focuses on the more angry ones. Either him or one of the others will likely be on after a while to start the whole 'Yes people are all shouty and mean' thing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

The Westboro Baptist crowd seem to have reached more people than I gave them credit for....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

1123heavy won't be joining us for a while.

Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Flem31

Notice nobody has been around to warn people about not saying mean things about others because it turns people away, unless saying stuff like you are unnatural and people wont become gay with a good upbringing is ok.

What would be the point ?
    Been open season on both sides of this argument for hours ......pointing it out would be a waste of effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

I'll be voting. Of course I will. And I'll be voting Yes.
    I don't believe than this referendum should have been held, though. This could easily have been sorted through legislation (there is no constitutional ban on marriage equality) so human rights did not need to be thrown to the mob.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Straylight

you people are so hellbent on changing nature

Changing nature? Really? How am I going to achieve that? As I understand it marriage is a human institution, not something that can be found "in nature", so I'm not really getting how the two are linked.

So my wife has a sister who lives with her boyfriend and their young son. They also have a younger brother who had the same upbringing and happens to be gay. So by your logic, even though he had the same upbringing, there was something improper about it and it turned him gay. Or else there was something wrong with the girls' upbringing that didn't turn them gay. Perhaps you could clear that up for me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I don't agree with banning the likes of Larry Wildman because he stated his opinions. I may not agree with them but it's peoples opinions that add to the debate on this important issue.
    I think it's a mistake not to allow debate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement